IGNORED

Veum’s movie room reviews/movie discussions/orders & TV news/info 🤠​​​​​​​ 🎥 🥤​​​​​​​🍿​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Veum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum changed the title to Veum’s movie room reviews and movie discussions 🎥 🍿  🥤​​​​​​​
2 hours ago, Jaksu said:

@Veum Any movies that you are, excited to see this year?

I Hope, I get to see something  in theaters when things comes back to normal 🤞

@Jaksu we do not go physically to the theatre, however when I get the chance, here are a few to start out

The Marksman

Honest Thief

News of the World

Let Him Go

Godzilla vs Kong

Halloween Kills

Moribus

Black Widow

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

The Little Things

Matrix 4

How about you, what are you excited to see? 🧐 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

It's an honor to start with the first review or opinion, which is about the latest from Nolan, Tenet.

Let's say Nolan, you were in your kitchen and you wanted something with everything you are passionate about; then he took the lid off the shaker and added: science fiction, thriller, spy movies, large-scale action, mystery, and a good deal of "time"; He shook it eagerly and a cocktail called Tenet came out.

It is a short film despite lasting more than two hours, for all the amount of details it has, which at first viewing it is easy to miss them or not be aware of their presence.

The characters comply but without really shining, always having the story above all; to highlight one, Pattinson and Branagh would say.

The film is a continuous fight against time, both of the characters and of Nolan himself, being something good and bad at the same time.

Regarding the story, staging, audiovisual theme; It is undeniable that we are facing something unique and must be viewed on the big screen, if you want to take full advantage of it.

The action scenes, chases, confrontations; each more incredible than the last.

In short, an original and surprising film highlighting the audiovisual above all. With a plot and story, which can be confusing for certain reasons or reasons, but if you try to understand them you may miss the following ones and get even more confused hehe.

So, as they say in it: "don't try to understand it, feel it."
But then you see her again to find out everything or at least try.

Season 1 Thinking GIF by The Big Bang Theory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Carl said:

Angela Lansbury Reaction GIF

Finally saw Nocturnal Animals. One of the first movies to make me think if only a different director had it throughout its duration. I feel like Ford prioritized style over the story.

I have not watched Nocturnal Animals in awhile and I really do not remember it that much... I’ll put that on my watchlist, thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carl said:

Angela Lansbury Reaction GIF

Finally saw Nocturnal Animals. One of the first movies to make me think if only a different director had it throughout its duration. I feel like Ford prioritized style over the story.

I liked it a lot. I think it was one of the best 2016 movies; and seeing the mediocrity of some award-winning films that year, I think "Nocturnal Animals" was ignored in the nominations for the usual awards because some kind of prejudice against its director; after all, he's a designer and not a director, is someone outside the bussiness.

But in my opinion he did a great job. The movie is a gem.

It's true that it places a special emphasis on the visual consideration of the film, but it is still a great story and a great narrative.
In fact, the first scene, with the family traveling at night by car on a lonely road, shows a totally unexpected talent in a director with so little experience: that scene is tense, it's intense, it twists your stomach; and although it already we've seen other times in other movies, it's shot in a way that you can't look away.

The most important thing was to find in the dark and in such a palpable way, as well as poetic, a reality so common and acceptable in many cases. Because anyone has been able to meet a Tony Hastings / Edward Sheffield in different places, with different names, or other faces. Both men and women. It's not about identification, but about silently contemplating a reality - and a feeling - authentic, and common, expressed with a subtle elegance and a certain cinematographic expertise when filming.

By the way, the music of Abel Korzeniowski in the film is brilliant.  A little wonder.

Hopefully someday someone will dare to make a Collector's Edition.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I liked it a lot. I think it was one of the best 2016 movies; and seeing the mediocrity of some award-winning films that year, I think "Nocturnal Animals" was ignored in the nominations for the usual awards because some kind of prejudice against its director; after all, he's a designer and not a director, is someone outside the bussiness.

It's true that it places a special emphasis on the visual consideration of the film, but it is still a great story and a great narrative.
In fact, the first scene, with the family traveling at night by car on a lonely road, shows a totally unexpected talent in a director with so little experience: that scene is tense, it's intense, it twists your stomach; and although it already we've seen other times in other movies, it's shot in a way that you can't look away.

The most important thing was to find in the dark and in such a palpable way, as well as poetic, a reality so common and acceptable in many cases. Because anyone has been able to meet a Tony Hastings / Edward Sheffield in different places, with different names, or other faces. Both men and women. It's not about identification, but about silently contemplating a reality - and a feeling - authentic, and common, expressed with a subtle elegance and a certain cinematographic expertise when filming.

By the way, the music of Abel Korzeniowski in the film is brilliant.  A little wonder.

Overall, it's a good movie but I think with Ford you're not getting anything earth shattering. Now to think about it, you reminded me of one of my thoughts about the movie. He crafts a number of visual scenes but gives them no space to breathe. For example, showing your character taking a shower or bath overcome by emotion is no new occurrence in cinema yet we get this three times at least. At the same time, these scenes have no standing room in the pacing of the movie. The plot weighs heavy on them because we have more story to tell. The audience is waiting for the next piece of the puzzle and the character has another scene to deliver. I think it was difficult to balance a study of the characters with moving back and forth between different stories and timelines. However, I still enjoyed the movie. It was just quite ambitious for Ford. With that said, it's surprising that he hasn't overseen his own premium release for both his films. If not him, it would be nice to see Criterion, Plain Archive, etc. tackle the project.

I'm backtracking but I think a lot of the car scene rested on the performances of Johnson and Gyllenhaal, especially Gyllenhaal. You could feel the heavy weight of his manhood being challenged and his desire to take action but ultimately feeling helpless. And then you have his daughter who is not helping the situation. Out of context, the daughter is a funny representation of youth today. She will not shut up and her parents continue to apologize for her, she's just a child, she's just a child.

• Like 3

Awards

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

3 hours ago, Carl said:

Overall, it's a good movie but I think with Ford you're not getting anything earth shattering. Now to think about it, you reminded me of one of my thoughts about the movie. He crafts a number of visual scenes but gives them no space to breathe. For example, showing your character taking a shower or bath overcome by emotion is no new occurrence in cinema yet we get this three times at least. At the same time, these scenes have no standing room in the pacing of the movie. The plot weighs heavy on them because we have more story to tell. The audience is waiting for the next piece of the puzzle and the character has another scene to deliver. I think it was difficult to balance a study of the characters with moving back and forth between different stories and timelines. However, I still enjoyed the movie. It was just quite ambitious for Ford. With that said, it's surprising that he hasn't overseen his own premium release for both his films. If not him, it would be nice to see Criterion, Plain Archive, etc. tackle the project.

I'm backtracking but I think a lot of the car scene rested on the performances of Johnson and Gyllenhaal, especially Gyllenhaal. You could feel the heavy weight of his manhood being challenged and his desire to take action but ultimately feeling helpless. And then you have his daughter who is not helping the situation. Out of context, the daughter is a funny representation of youth today. She will not shut up and her parents continue to apologize for her, she's just a child, she's just a child.

You fellows are making me want to watch this all the more...

I thought I owned this, however I’ve not had it in my database 🧐 ... I think I’m on the hunt in my home again (sometimes this takes several minutes to an hour or more Funny Face Reaction GIF) ...

now where is that disc, do I own this or not Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You fellows are making me want to watch this all the more...

I thought I owned this, however I’ve not had it in my database 🧐 ... I think I’m on the hunt in my home again (sometimes this takes several minutes to an hour or more 

Spoiler

Funny Face Reaction GIF) ...

now where is that disc, do I own this or not Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries

That happened with a steelbook I purchased. I know I bought it, even dug up the receipt but can't find it anywhere. Ended up buying a duplicate. :/

• Sad 3

Awards

USA 2021 USA Steelbook List

vOeW9gKdMBK-r5FfvUSar3nH67SBzLRFnMWXWgUP

A NEW YEAR IN STEEL!

OUT NOW
01-05-2021 HALLOWEEN (1978)(4k)(RE-ISSUE)@ BBY (LIONSGATE)
01-12-2021 LUPIN III THE FIRST WIDE (SHOUT! FACTORY)
01-12-2021 ULTRAMAN TARO THE COMPLETE SERIES WIDE (MILL CREEK)
01-17-2021 DRAGON BALL Z SEASON 6 WIDE (FUNIMATION)
01-17-2021 DRAGON BALL Z SEASON 7 WIDE (FUNIMATION)
01-19-2021 THE EVIL DEAD COLLECTION (I & II) (4k)(RE-ISSUE)@ BBY (LIONSGATE)
01-26-2021 GAMERA THE HEISEI TRILOGY WIDE (ARROW)

COMING SOON:

FEBRUARY
02-02-2021 DO THE RIGHT THING 4K @ TARGET (UNIVERSAL)
02-02-2021 FIFTY SHADES TRILOGY 4K @ TARGET (UNIVERSAL)
02-09-2021 13 HOURS 4K/SPECIAL FEATURES BD WIDE (PARAMOUNT)
02-09-2021 MY BLOODY VALENTINE(1981) WIDE (SCREAM! FACTORY)
02-16-2021 LOVECRAFT COUNTRY SEASON ONE BD @ BBY (WARNER BROS. / HBO)
02-23-2021 AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON BD WIDE (ARROW)
02-23-2021 AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON(Slip Box) BD @Diabolik.COM (ARROW)

MARCH
03-02-2021 WAR OF THE WORLDS(2015) 4K/BD WIDE (PARAMOUNT)
03-09-2021 DREDD (4k) @ BBY (LIONSGATE)
03-16-2021 LEGEND OF KORRA THE COMPLETE SERIES BD WIDE (PARAMOUNT)
03-16-2021 THE CAT RETURNS BD WIDE (SHOUT! FACTORY)
03-16-2021 WHISPER OF THE HEART BD WIDE (SHOUT! FACTORY)
03-16-2021 RAD BD WIDE (MILL CREEK)
03-23-2021 GATTACA 4K WIDE (SONY)
03-23-2021 FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 BD WIDE (PARAMOUNT)
03-23-2021 GODZILLA(2014) (4k) @ BBY (WARNER BROS)
03-30-2021 MADE IN THE ABYSS THEATRICAL COLLECTION BD WIDE (SENTAI)
03-30-2021 MORTAL KOMBAT (2 FILM COLLECTION) BD @ BBY (WARNER BROS.)

APRIL
04-06-2021 EARWIG AND THE WITCH WIDE (SHOUT! FACTORY)
04-13-2021 ULTRAMAN LEO THE COMPLETE SERIES WIDE (MILL CREEK)
04-27-2021 ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK BD WIDE (ARROW)

MAY
05-18-2021 STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS SEASON ONE BD WIDE (PARAMOUNT)

TBD:
00-00-2021 THE KINDRED BD @SYNAPSE.COM (SYNAPSE FILMS)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming May 25th from Kino Lorber and Scorpion Releasing!

Eye of the Tiger (1986)
• Brand New HD Master from a 2K Scan of the InterPositive
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

They Stole his pride and destroyed his family… now he’ll do whatever it takes to get justice! Buck Matthews (Gary Busey, Lethal Weapon, Silver Bullet) returns to his rural hometown after serving time in prison for a crime he didn't commit, wanting only to live in peace with his beloved wife and daughter. But that peace is irrevocably shattered when a sinister biker gang begins terrorizing the townspeople. When Buck's brave attempt to protect his family from the vicious marauders results in tragedy, he embarks on a one-man war against his evil foes... and even though he's outnumbered and outgunned, he won't give up until the last body drops. Directed by cult filmmaker Richard C. Sarafian (Vanishing Point, Sunburn) and co-starring Yaphet Kotto (Live and Let Die, Alien), William Smith (Any Which Way You Can, Seven), Seymour Cassel (King of the Mountain, Rushmore) and Bert Remsen (Inside Moves, Borderline). Now watch Eye of the Tiger for the first time in HD, from a 2K scan of the Interpositive. The soundtrack includes the #1 hit song Eye of the Tiger by Survivor and Gravity by the godfather of soul, James Brown

image.thumb.jpeg.6a22338958ea43f8d5e0137737d89aa4.jpeg

Coming to Blu-ray April 6th from Kino Classics and the Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau Foundation!

The Man in Search of his Murderer (1931)
Directed by Robert Siodmak
Starring Heinz Rühmann
Screenplay by Ludwig Hirschfeld, Curt Siodmak and Billy Wilder

Prior to emigratng to the U.S., where he would make such classics as The Spiral Staircase and The Killers, Robert Siodmak took a familiar black comedy premise and transformed it into a diabolical thriller. Heinz Rühmann, employing his trademark persona of the childlike naïf, portrays Hans, a despondent young man who decides to murder himself by hiring a burglar to commit the crime. But when Hans’s life takes an unexpected turn for the better, he realizes he must locate and stop the killer before the contract can be fulfilled. Combining morbid comedy with broad slapstick, The Man in Search of His Murderer owes much of its comic sensibilities to screenwriters Billy Wilder (Double Indemnity) and Curt Siodmak (The Wolf Man) who were also soon to leave Germany, to later enjoy fruitful careers in Hollywood. 

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Josh Nelson
*Optional English subtitles

image.thumb.jpeg.d91ed2cce798d5b4bb4a56b782809197.jpeg

Edited by Veum

• Veum changed the title to Veum’s movie room reviews and movie discussions & TV news/info 🎥 🍿  🥤​​​​​​​

@Fortis93 Welcome to Veum’s room, I know its early morning there, good morning  ! 🙌 tea time GIF by DC Comics

Had a observation on one of your fellow actors who I just watched in Warcraft Travis Fimmel. I really enjoy his mannerisms in the show (Vikings) & this film... how about you? 🧐 

image.jpeg.4d07b283eba6435797f7024f05f8adf4.jpeg

Travis Fimmel was born near Echuca, Victoria, Australia, to Jennie, a recreation officer for the disabled, and Chris, a cattle farmer. He was raised on a 5500-acre farm located between Melbourne and Sydney. Until the age of seventeen, his life was spent at school and working on the family farm, morning and night-something he continues to relish on his trips back home.

After high school, higher education called and he was accepted to Melbourne University. It was not long until his intense curiosity led him to begin his global adventures.

While bar-tending in London, giving away almost as much beer as he sold, he met his would-be manager, David Seltzer. David saw a spark in Travis and suggested he move to the United States to become an actor and nurture his talent. Easily enticed by the arts, it was not long before Travis made the move to Los Angeles, and within a week began studying with renowned acting coach Ivana Chubbuck. The teaching veteran, in addition to Travis, has mentored Jake Gyllenhaal, Eva Mendes, Halle Berry, Brad Pitt and Charlize Theron.

Years of struggling and hard work continue to pay off and Travis has chalked up starring roles in several projects including Rocky Point (with Lauren Holly), Southern Comfort (with Madeleine Stowe and Eric Roberts), Restraint (with True Blood's Stephen Moyer), Ivory (with Martin Landau and Peter Stomare), Surfer Dude (with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson), and AE's The Beast (with Patrick Swayze). He is best known for his roles as Ragnar Lothbrok in Vikings(2013), and Anduin Lothar in Warcraft (2016).

Production has taken Travis all over the world but, between roles, he travels back to his family's farm as much as possible. Travis is quick to point out that it is his love for Australian Rules (AKA "No" Rules) Football, the countryside, his two older brothers, and a hard working lifestyle that keeps his feet firmly planted on the ground.

- IMDb Mini Biography By: Celebrity Loop

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1379938/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Veum said:

@Fortis93 Welcome to Veum’s room, I know its early morning there, good morning  ! 🙌 tea time GIF by DC Comics

Had a observation on one of your fellow actors who I just watched in Warcraft Travis Fimmel. I really enjoy his mannerisms in the show (Vikings) & this film... how about you? 🧐

Hey, mate.

Appreciate the warm welcome/invite to your room.

I actually haven't seen that show yet, so I wasn't really familiar with this actor until now.

Seems like there's a lot of talent outside the 'big names' or ones you commonly hear about making their mark in Hollywood.

• Like 2

J.K. Simmons To Play William Frawley In Amazon’s Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Pic ‘Being The Ricardos’

EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been tapped to play actor William Frawley in Amazon and Aaron Sorkin’s Being the Ricardosthe film about the relationship between the I Love Lucy stars. Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem are in final negotiations to play Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz in the film with Sorkin writing and directing. Frawley famously was Ball and Arnaz’s co-star in the I Love Lucy show playing the role of neighbor Fred Mertz.

The film is set during one production week of I Love Lucy — Monday table read through Friday audience filming — when Lucy and Desi face a crisis that could end their careers and another that could end their marriage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

Amazon Studios’ Lord of the Ring series

Hearing that Amazon has officially engaged famed Tolkien illustrator TED NASMITH to help realize the Second Age. Here are some of his related paintings. Ted is one of the best who counts John Howe & Alan Lee as peers. Very good news!

image.thumb.jpeg.8a2573692db351fd399721cb7bca4942.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e01f1bf4732aa44aadcc9516c389d94b.jpeg

image.jpeg.1577b149a0da0988047571847449b7a9.jpeg

TheOneRing.net

• Like 2