IGNORED

Memories of Murder (2 Blu-ray + DVD, Collectors Limited Edition) [Spain]

Casiusco

Release date: Autumn 2021

Purchase link: ----

Price: ----

This Collector's Edition limited to 2000 copies will be released in Spain in April.

Features:

• Full slip with digipack
  • 3 Discs: 1 Blu-ray with the film in a restored 4K version supervised by the director, and the documentary "Memories" (2017, 63 min) about the film; 1 DVD with 98 min with other additional contents about the film; 1 Blu-ray with Bong Joon Ho's first movie "Barking dogs never bite".
  • Films include V.O. and Spanish. All content -films and extra- includes subtitles only in Spanish.
  • 64 pages booklet with exclusive texts.
  • Numbered edition.

Memories-of-Murder-Full-Slip.png

This edition will be released by "La aventura", a Spanish independent label that a few years ago released great limited collector editions of "Heaven's Gate" (Michael Cimino) and "Young Mr. Lincoln" (John Ford). Both are very careful editions, with full slip, digipack, booklet, and really interesting additional contents. Both limited and numbered, absolutely sold out. 

This new edition seems to follow the same line, without goodies while thinking more about presentation and content.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Looks to be a very nice edition for this absolute masterpiece.

Criterion are also set to announce their own release some time this year so very curious to see what they come up with in terms of packaging.

In the meantime I’m content with my ultra rare copy of CJ Entertainment’s first pressing digipak.

• Like 4

@Casiusco

This looks to be a stunning edition .

The chances are that the only subtitle will be Spanish so a disk swap may be in order .

AT LAST IT IS NICE TO SEE SOME NON SUPERHERO MOVIES GETTING SOME

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@R1s1ngs0n

YEP one sweet edition you have in your collection with French subtitles 

that I can not read like Spanish 

emma roberts crying GIF by ScreamQueens

• Like 4

On 12/30/2020 at 11:52 PM, romain said:

Hi bud, it's possible to see a picture of this copy? When you have time 

Unknown edition to me 

Thanks 

8651_large.jpg

It was the second title released as part of CJ Entertainment's limited pressing digipak series, which started in 2014. This one and a few others like "The Good, The Bad, The Weird", "Mother" and "The Man From Nowhere" are almost impossible to find now and fetch crazy prices even when used copies pop on eBay (which is 95 percent of the time).

it was the only time I was ever willing to buy a used copy of a movie (in mint condition... and for quite a lot of money) since I figured the odds of coming upon another copy, opened or sealed, would be next to nil.

In the picture below (not my copy) you can see the title has a very nice holofoil effect as do all digipaks in this line.

edo3rv5iybxx.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

It was the second title released as part of CJ Entertainment's limited pressing digipak series, which started in 2014. This one and a few others like "The Good, The Bad, The Weird", "Mother" and "The Man From Nowhere" are almost impossible to find now and fetch crazy prices even when used copies pop on eBay (which is 95 percent of the time).

it was the only time I was ever willing to buy a used copy of a movie (in mint condition... and for quite a lot of money) since I figured the odds of coming upon another copy, opened or sealed, would be next to nil.

In the picture below (not my copy) you can see the title has a very nice holofoil effect as do all digipaks in this line.

edo3rv5iybxx.jpg

I owned and cherished this edition for several years. I sold my copy on eBay this year after learning that Criterion is releasing it soon. That said, if a beautiful English-friendly deluxe edition gets released, I'll happily get that too! (I have Criterion's Parasite and the Zavvi 4K steelbook and didn't hesitate to sign up for Injoingan's upcoming versions. There's no such thing as too much Bong Joon-Ho!) 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:38 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Memories of Murder Blu-ray (DigiPack) (South Korea)

edo3rv5iybxx.jpg

Yes very nice edition, thanks