IGNORED

Han Solo Star Wars Anthology Film (2018)

nefilim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FN-2187 said:

I'm still not entirely sold on this- I'm trying really hard to remain objective when viewing this trailer but the behind-the-scenes turmoil is putting a significant hamper on my excitement. 

I will have to change my opinion after seeing The Last Jedi yesterday..... I have to admit I became a fan of the ''new'' series after seeing Rogue One and Last Jedi. Where The Force Awakens left me disappointed, the last two movies left me sitting in my chair, smiling of joy of watching (IMO!) these adventure movies pur-sang! I loved them. And now when I see the new trailer of Han Solo... I can't wait :)

I just have to forget part 1-6 and focus on the new franchise ?

12 hours ago, larson1977 said:

I will have to change my opinion after seeing The Last Jedi yesterday..... I have to admit I became a fan of the ''new'' series after seeing Rogue One and Last Jedi. Where The Force Awakens left me disappointed, the last two movies left me sitting in my chair, smiling of joy of watching (IMO!) these adventure movies pur-sang! I loved them. And now when I see the new trailer of Han Solo... I can't wait :)

I just have to forget part 1-6 and focus on the new franchise 1f44d.png

That's fair- I mean Star Wars is really all down to what you enjoy. I too try to block the Prequel trilogy out of my mind entirely when watching the original Star Wars trilogy. However, nothing has since beat the superb wonderfulness that is The Empire Strikes Back... that film is just perfect in terms of structure, direction, and writing. 

Rogue One felt a bit hollow to me, and the Last Jedi, while I liked many of it's ideas and directions- felt more like a chore for me to watch what with the constant quips and Canto Bight segment of the film. The argument that The Force Awakens doesn't do anything new in terms of story is valid- but the charisma of the characters and the concise direction of it more than make up for the issues that I have with it.... The Force Awakens wasn't so much trying to tell a new story as it was trying to recapture the nostalgic feeling that the original '77 Star Wars imbued people.

Awards

• 1 month later...

IMG_0225.JPG?dl=0

So delighted to receive this free notebook giveaway from my local cinema for Solo: A Star Wars Story!

Made of genuine Chewbacca fur. ? Some of the notebooks they give out at the cinemas are really nice!

Anyone else excited to watch Solo?

As a huge Harrison Ford/Han fan this film left me a bit deflated... I think I need to rewatch it to give it another go.

I was surprised how empty my cinema screen was.  There were some nice bits in the film, but I'm not sure anyone can live up to Harrison Ford in my eyes. I'll still buy a premium edition of this movie though! :)

It's bland story but I kinda like Alden Ehrenreich as a young Han. I didn't expect him to live up to Harrison's Han but he made it worked pretty well, consider the circumstances. Donald Glover is also very good as Lando but sometimes I think he tried be bit too much to be Billy Dee Williams, not I could blame him though. 

Archived