IGNORED

Han Solo Star Wars Anthology Film (2018)

nefilim

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ★ Administrators ★

Sounds like a lot of problems. I was skeptic about this movie since the beginning and the original Director choice and lead actor did not really improved that. I don't like that they go back to Young Han Solo, how about making new Storys with new Characters. Anyway Rogue One was also a Prelude and it was good, so who know, maybe this will turn out good as well.

The choice of Howard really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who lives and breaths Star Wars/Lucasfilm. He's been a close friend to George and totally immersed in that world right back to when he starred in Lucas's first film American Graffiti, as well as directing the Lucasfilm production Willow. Lucasfilm has always been an outsider that has a group of talent that has stayed close to the company, even after it was bought by Disney. Disney may bankroll the company the same way they do with Marvel and have control of the distribution of content, but Disney have basically left both companies alone to still operate the same way as long as the cash comes in.

I think the problem at the moment is that they have sought out fresh blood in the directors chair, but then have realised they want a vision that stays faithful to the overall tone and feel of the Star Wars Universe. Kennedy as Lucasfilm chief has been there right from the beginning working with George through most of the Lucasfilms productions, but I think so far she has tried to look at Marvel and the way they have picked directors that seem odd choices not realising that although they have picked odd ball choices, Kevin Siege has always been on set to keep the Marvel films on track to all fit within that world. Kennedy hasn't done that, she's got the ball rolling then sat back and let the directors do their own thing, which has so far resulted with the exception Abrams in reshoots and new directors being brought in at the last minute. Its no secret Lucasfilm didn't like the first cuts and daily's for Rogue One and Edwards was pushed aside and reshoots took place to remove a lot of the war footage and place in more Star Wars Universe related footage.

Now its happened again, She's hired a directing team that work completely differently to what she actually wanted, but instead of being on set to monitor and keep it on track shes left them to it, only to now find its not the film Lucasfilm want. Howard will deliver what they want, he lives and breaths that world and has a good working relationship with Kennedy. Whether its the film fans want only time will tell. I like the bulk of the casting choices although I'm not sold on the lead as Solo, and with an acting coach being brought in it looks as though neither is Lucasfilm. Still he might have had trouble with being directed the way the fired directors work. Not everyone can do improvisational acting, some like to just read and work off a script. Howard is a stick to the script director, and while some find him a little boring, I like many of his films, and with his close friendship with Lucasfilm, I think he'll pull this back from the brink and give us a good film.

Awards

10 minutes ago, larson1977 said:

This Movie will ''killi'' Star Wars.... I was suprised that SW survived the 3 prequels but reading this I'm guessing they try again to kill it ;)

Well, I would not go that far ... it survived 3 prequels. IMO those were bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

TEASER TV SPOT BEFORE THE FULL TRAILER TOMORROW!!! 

It looks like it's gonna be pretty good! Getting Rogue One vibes!

Just gonna tag some random folks hereeee  1f44d.png@Rograt@ksosk @45Caliber@Benoit46 @nefilim @psychoscot @Scary Hair @extantsrevenge @larson1977

It's looks better than I was expecting, tbh. The brand is getting pretty diluted at this point, but I'll keep watching. Still beats most of the junk out there.

28 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

It's looks better than I was expecting, tbh. The brand is getting pretty diluted at this point, but I'll keep watching. Still beats most of the junk out there.

Hmm...Fair opinion I suppose...But in that same vein would you say the Marvel universe is diluted? I mean, there's more MU movies than Star Wars movies. Unless you meant something else, not sure!

Awards

16 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Hmm...Fair opinion I suppose...But in that same vein would you say the Marvel universe is diluted? I mean, there's more MU movies than Star Wars movies. Unless you meant something else, not sure!

Haha. Yes! But you're asking the wrong guy. I'm not a fan of the MCU. I only like the origin movies. 

• ★ Administrators ★

Looks ok, but a Solo Movie without Harrison Ford is just weird. Also after the Last Jedi disappointment I will keep the excitement down, don't want to fall into another pit of darkness after watching.

Also I can completely understand @45Caliber comment. With the Marcel cinematic Universe you can see that they have a plan and it all fits so nice together, yet does not repeat itself that much and adds nice new ones. Kevin Feige the Man behind all that is a genius (at least in my eyes). But with Star Wars, I don't think that is the case at the moment, somehow the magic is lost. Also I find it really ridiculous that they make these movies that play in the past when they clearly don't care about the old characters at all (as you can see in the new trilogy). Don't get me wrong Rogue One for example was awesome and added something great to the whole. I guess even the worst Star Wars Movie aka Last Jedi, is better than 90-95% of all other movies. They also always look stunning, but with these budgets it would be bad if they didn't.

Archived