IGNORED

Gremlins (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

romain

4 hours ago, mgurau said:

Damn, I love this and want to order, but I know Zavvi will send horribly and will be beat to hell.  Ugh

Wish HMV had it as well or Amazon Uk, not that they are really any better than Zavvi.

True. But if this is anything like The Shining or Full Metal Jacket special 4K editions, it will have a sturdy outer slipbox, which has a better chance of surviving intact.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chucktatum said:

True. But if this is anything like The Shining or Full Metal Jacket special 4K editions, it will have a sturdy outer slipbox, which has a better chance of surviving intact.  

True, but it will ship in a jiffy bag, so good chance it will still get destroyed.

The 2 movie "IT" they just did was a pretty good hard box, and was dented to stop using inappropriate language. Had to spend 3 weeks to get a refund, and the item was still available but but he time their horrendous customer service began to o take seriously 4 messages later, it was no longer available by then. They suck so bad. 

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, mgurau said:

True, but it will ship in a jiffy bag, so good chance it will still get destroyed.

The 2 movie "IT" they just did was a pretty good hard box, and was dented to stop using inappropriate language. Had to spend 3 weeks to get a refund, and the item was still available but but he time their horrendous customer service began to o take seriously 4 messages later, it was no longer available by then. They suck so bad. 

I remember having this conversation with some members a while back. Some members insist that they never have any damaged items from Zavvi. Others, like me, have had lots of problems. I guess it depends maybe on where you live and/or lady luck. For me, I usually use our MP Zavvi GB so I don't have to worry about it. Everything comes perfect 100% of the time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I remember having this conversation with some members a while back. Some members insist that they never have any damaged items from Zavvi. Others, like me, have had lots of problems. I guess it depends maybe on where you live and/or lady luck. For me, I usually use our MP Zavvi GB so I don't have to worry about it. Everything comes perfect 100% of the time.

I have a hard time believing the ones that say they NEVER have received damaged, simply by how crappy they pack things, or how they don't pack things. 

I will have to look into the Group buy. Have not used it. Are referring to the UK one that can be anything, like HMV, etc. or is there a specific Zavvi one?
I am thinking of this one "HMV [UK] GENERAL GROUPBUY THREAD". And I have used for HMV stuff and like you said, never received anything damaged.

I have not thought of using it for Zavvi as the steelbooks go up for pre-order and then sells out same day, so much of the time, so I am afraid if I put in an order request, by the time they get to it, it will be sold out.

In this case, I should use for the Gremlins one and should be ok.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by mgurau
Addition

• ★ Administrators ★
11 hours ago, mgurau said:

I have a hard time believing the ones that say they NEVER have received damaged, simply by how crappy they pack things, or how they don't pack things. 

I will have to look into the Group buy. Have not used it. Are referring to the UK one that can be anything, like HMV, etc. or is there a specific Zavvi one?
I am thinking of this one "HMV [UK] GENERAL GROUPBUY THREAD". And I have used for HMV stuff and like you said, never received anything damaged.

I have not thought of using it for Zavvi as the steelbooks go up for pre-order and then sells out same day, so much of the time, so I am afraid if I put in an order request, by the time they get to it, it will be sold out.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @mgurau we have general GBs for both HMV and Zavvi. The one for Zavvi is under Home -> Group Buys -> Steelbook Group Buys -> ZAVVI -> ZAVVI GROUP BUYS or you can just go here

It's a bit more since it goes through HUB shipping but all my stuff arrives perfect every time.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, deckard99 said:

Hi @mgurau we have general GBs for both HMV and Zavvi. The one for Zavvi is under Home -> Group Buys -> Steelbook Group Buys -> ZAVVI -> ZAVVI GROUP BUYS or you can just go here

It's a bit more since it goes through HUB shipping but all my stuff arrives perfect every time.

Thank you. Will start using it. 

Can I ask, in cases where a Steelbook goes up for pre-order and you know will sell out in a few hours, any advice on those. Or do you just try to get a request in as soon as it goes live and hope that an order is put in before it sells out.?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

• ★ Administrators ★
29 minutes ago, mgurau said:

Thank you. Will start using it. 

Can I ask, in cases where a Steelbook goes up for pre-order and you know will sell out in a few hours, any advice on those. Or do you just try to get a request in as soon as it goes live and hope that an order is put in before it sells out.?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

You’ve hit upon the best reason for using our general Zavvi GB. We’ve got red carpet access so @blu.steel33 takes care of all the preordering. Just get your request in before the preorder date and you don’t have to worry about when it goes live. If you request after the preorder date, then that’s a different matter and depends on availability, but if you order early then Carl @blu.steel33 does a great job securing enough copies for our members.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

You’ve hit upon the best reason for using our general Zavvi GB. We’ve got red carpet access so @blu.steel33 takes care of all the preordering. Just get your request in before the preorder date and you don’t have to worry about when it goes live. If you request after the preorder date, then that’s a different matter and depends on availability, but if you order early then Carl @blu.steel33 does a great job securing enough copies for our members.

Ah, perfect. I forgot about red carper since we can't get it.  Nice.

Perfect. This way I can use it and stop dealing with direct as it is just not worth the headache.

Once last question. Sorry to bug so much, but if you want to put in the request before pre order, how would you know the link? They are not available before are they? I am thinking of the HMV one, we have to supply the link. It is the same right? If you don't have the link you have to wait, right?

Thank you

Michael

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, mgurau said:

Ah, perfect. I forgot about red carper since we can't get it.  Nice.

Perfect. This way I can use it and stop dealing with direct as it is just not worth the headache.

Once last question. Sorry to bug so much, but if you want to put in the request before pre order, how would you know the link? They are not available before are they? I am thinking of the HMV one, we have to supply the link. It is the same right? If you don't have the link you have to wait, right?

Thank you

Michael

@mgurau good question. I know of two ways off the top of my head (there may be more others can suggest). 1) Zavvi (both UK and USA) sends me new release emails and I can copy the link from those even if I can't see it myself (I'm not red carpet), and 2) Members can use the MP release thread link instead (probably even easier). 

And if all else fails you can tag either @ukade2327 or @blu.steel33 in the General Zavvi I&Q for help

On 11/11/2020 at 6:38 PM, mgurau said:

Thanks for the help.

I've never received anything damaged except one day it rained and the mailing box was completely soggy. Fortunately, it didn't seep through the plastic of the steelbook.

Awards

I received mine today and it’s a jolly nice set overall with spot gloss on gizmo and title, and  the bbfc logos are removable stickers. Additionally, Zavvi sent it in a hard cardboard box which is a first for me regarding non SteelBooks. I’m going to put my wwa steelbook in this, i much prefer it to the BB full slip and feel like I dodged a bullet in skipping that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 8:11 AM, Mattrivers95 said:

I received mine today and it’s a jolly nice set overall with spot gloss on gizmo and title, and  the bbfc logos are removable stickers. Additionally, Zavvi sent it in a hard cardboard box which is a first for me regarding non SteelBooks. I’m going to put my wwa steelbook in this, i much prefer it to the BB full slip and feel like I dodged a bullet in skipping that one.

Thank you for sharing. 

I ordered thru here. 

I agree and also glad I passed in Film Arena. 

Nice idea on swapping out for your steel, but I was not a huge fan of it either. I always liked the old UK Steel with Stripe on it. If III ever pick that one up for a decent price, I may do the same.
Otherwise, this edition will work just fine. It's really nice.

• Like 1

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Gremlins (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]