IGNORED

Guardians of the Galaxy (4K UHD/2D Mondo #40 Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Bad experience... Horrible customer service... Basically the worst Online buy I have ever done with any retailer in general... -_-

Have you tried our GB yet ?

You are right though in general Zavvi is terrible with Customer Service .

@Parzival Zavvi has always been a money milking machine , they have to be its there line of work , no use having a company if you have no products to sell (exclusive) .  I bet we are LONG from seeing any end to these types of runs in the future ...  Write the Corporate office and tell them your tired of giving them your money LOL...

Take care

John

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Masterblaster said:

Have you tried our GB yet ?

You are right though in general Zavvi is terrible with Customer Service .

Not yet Boss!!... I just wait for a US release or a Premium... 9_9

But if there's something from Zavvi that I really "Need" to have, I will definitely go through our Zavvi General GB... No Doubt about that!! ;)

• Like 3

Looks incredible but can't really justify another steelbook of GOTG 😅 

Also Zavvi sucks. Shipping Sold out steelbooks without Tracking and having the outside of the box say what is inside is a recipe for disaster 🤣 a lot of shipments get lost because Im sure some people see star wars on the package and go yep thats for me🤣 

Also they should always keep steelbooks on the side for lost and damaged shipments this is just basic customer service.

Also I've been hearing a lot of people get refused for a refund because they waited too long to tell Zavvi that the shipment never arrived 🤣🤣 I think more than 30 days or something like that which is absolutely laughable. 

Rant over sorry🤣

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Parzival said:

Yet another Marvel  steelbook.. 

Hope this is not another Marvel line 

This is getting beyond a joke from Zavvi if that's the case 

There is the lenticular line, the 4k line and now this.. 

If it's anyone's line it's Mondo's. Can't recall if they teamed up with Zavvi to be an exclusive retailer, but Mondo did this one, too. 

EDIT: I remember now. This was a collaboration with Blufans. This is BE #33

image.png.b823b5f8f69bd4d3ba20d2daa8d39e21.png

Edited by Tonic24k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
12 hours ago, Parzival said:

Yet another Marvel  steelbook.. 

Hope this is not another Marvel line 

This is getting beyond a joke from Zavvi if that's the case 

There is the lenticular line, the 4k line and now this.. 

I'm also getting tired of this, much to fast, they don't even wait for the other new 4K Version to sell out 🙄. And besides in 4 days is the release of the Infinity Saga Box Set (which I also have ordered), so that I finally can open 1 item instead of so many single editions 😅.

I think I have all the Guardians Steelbooks, but not the biggest Mondo line fan, I even passed the JL, BvS Steelbooks, so I guess I will skip this one. It's no fun to buy the same movie every 6 month, wish they would wait longer before doing again and again. I hope I will not regret this 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Parzival said:

Haha... I'm just Marvel'd and DC'd out

Buyer fatigue for these two franchises has definitely kicked in for me

But they definitely changed the Collector and steelbook market, that's for sure.. 

We have been treated to some quite spectacular and awesome editions

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this. I see people on here complaining that we get to much marvel stuff but the only ones releasing marvel movies are WeET and zavvi. Their lenticular line is very nice and they started it a while ago so it doesn't make sense that they would stop. The 4k line (if it's the one I'm thinking of) is not only ugly but is wwa so they basically have to sell it. This mondo "line" clearly isnt a line because it's made by mondo not zavvi and mondo never does complete sets. 

DC on the other hand have the standard wwa steelbooks sold everywhere, the comic art steelbooks, manta lab, hdzeta, filmarena, cine museum and probably other yet I rarely see anyone complain about that. 

Before weet came along we weren't getting marvel premiums. Take endgame for example, highest grossing movie of all time, almost 2 years old now, and still the only wea steelbook there is is from the zavvi lenti line and the only premium is the wwa, extremely limited, fanatics selection

1 hour ago, Tonic24k said:

If it's anyone's line it's Mondo's. 

☝️

• Thanks 1

@Intentcoin

I agree Zavvi did some impressive stuff with Marvel, but I was referring to the flood of Marvel steelbooks up-till now

Many retailers were in on the act: Zavvi, Blufans, Nova, Kimchi, FAC, Weet, BB etc. Added to that , there were multiple Zavvi lines, so a multiplier effect

Amongst these, Kimchi and Nova did some exclusives (think Cap 1 and 2, GOTG, Avengers, Age of Ultron etc). Then recently, Weet have been dominant (with the Blufans hiatus).

Even then, we had Fanatics enter the market albeit WWA

Re: GoTG, I have the Zavvi lenti (agree, nice), the Blufans exclusive, the Nova exclusive, the Zavvi / BB 4k line 

I really was not feeling another steel-book for GoTG right now. Whilst Mondo is always jazzy , and I like the artist involved - it will look horribly out of place in my current collection

That said - I do have the Mondo / Blufans collaboration Avengers steelbook which is nice - but that in part is because there were no premium releases for this (apart form the Nova type A, B and C)

And more to the point , if Mondo really had to do another steelbook, they could have chosen a non Marvel film (a Tarantino flick for example - they did a great job with Reservoir Dogs)

Do I really need a 5th GoTG steelbook. No! There are already too many for this particular title 

If they really had to do a Marvel, perhaps they could have done a title for which no premiums currently exist e.g. Iron Man 2 or 3, Antman and the Wasp

Had Mondo done either of these three - then would I have got it? Probably yes (due to lack of choices)

Obviously, this will still sell out - cash cow for Mondo / Zavvi ... such mugs we collectors are!

• Like 1

I just pre-ordered mine. And I have zero complaints. 😎 

I personally really enjoy what Zavvi puts out. And I've never had a problem with their shipping or customer service.

I always get Best Buy's 4K release (because Zavvi's is the same artwork) and then I get the lenticular version from Zavvi in 3D format. And I'm a triple dipper and beyond kinda fella. It's all about the collection for me; not just if I have that particular installment.

Let's check out what Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 editions I've got 🚀 

1. Blufans one-click (x3)
  2. Nova Media one-click [NE #15] (x3)
  3. Best Buy original edition
  4. Zavvi lenticular edition
  5. 4K re-release edition
  6. Zavvi Phase 2 boxset
  7. Mondo edition (pre-ordered)

And this actually doesn't complete my collection. I'm still hunting for Nova Media's NC #4 one-click with matching numbers. 🔎 

I'm excited to get this new version. The artwork looks really dope!

EDIT: I just realized Howard the Duck is featured on the spine. So Awesome!

Edited by Tonic24k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Tonic24k

I've also spent a lot on multi dipping in the MCU 

But my take is a little different 

Blufans OC is my base.. I have got each and every one of those 

But then in every OC, I swap the duplicate steelbooks. So for example, I will keep the original Blufans WEA in the DL, then swap the same SB in the single lenti and FS editions with Zavvi lenti and BB 4k. So I have three different editions with 3 different steelbooks. 

Then after that, if there are any further exclusive WEA example NE or KE or Weet, then I buy further 

Essentially I want the variety of exclusive steelbooks, but will not typically have the same steelbook across editions. Makes sense? 

Obviously collecting is very personal, so each one to his own. There is no wrong or right way. If one has the money to spend £££, (which I do not unfortunately), you cannot begrudge someone for that 

• Like 3

All about opinions, and boy are there some here 😁

Im guilty of multiple dipping, though singular editions and not up to @Tonic24k ‘s standards with one clicks. I have:

Zavvi WWA

Zavvi Lenti

Nova NC

Nova NE

I am actually on the hunt for Blufans 1/4 as we speak, and when you compare that with this one it’s not even a question. It’s like comparing a Ferrari with a Fiat.

This Mondo art work is 🤢🤮 and I won’t be getting one, but that’s just my opinion. Always happy for those who get one and love it, plus the more editions of a title likely drives down cost of existing ones.

Lastly, Mondo will Never complete a full MCU line up, so utterly pointless dipping a toe in here. I nearly bought the Avengers Assemble Mondo when MP did a GB, but feel justified that I ducked out.

For me, Zavvi (Robbing gits) Blufans (Indecisive Genius Playboys) & WeET (Fullslip Gods) are the only companies likely to ever complete a nice WEA MCU line up. As Dave would say, “Other opinions are available” 😊🍻

• Thanks 1

@Pbsw23

Great post 👍

I cracked up at your descriptions for Zavvi, BF (playboy genius) and Weet 😀

Boy, if Manta ever enter the MCU game, they'll blow everyone away 

Just look at their masterpieces, Inglorious B, Revenant, La La Land, First Man, Us, and soon to be released Dunkirk 

They'd blow everyone out of the water 

These Zavvi riff raffs will be nowhere to be seen 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Lastly, Mondo will Never complete a full MCU line up, so utterly pointless dipping a toe in here. I nearly bought the Avengers Assemble Mondo when MP did a GB, but feel justified that I ducked out.

For me, Zavvi (Robbing gits) Blufans (Indecisive Genius Playboys) & WeET (Fullslip Gods) are the only companies likely to ever complete a nice WEA MCU line up. As Dave would say, “Other opinions are available” 😊🍻

I see it as a good thing that theh won't do the whole set because then I'd have to buy it, and I domt want another mcu set. I have a plain steelbook set and a premium set and that's all I need, since i dont mind mixing retailers in my sets. This steelbook will join my plain steelbook set because I dont have the zavvi lenti and I dont really want it

Also, I doubt blufans will ever complete the set and I have my doubts for weet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1