IGNORED

Parzival's Treasure Trove

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wow: What an exquisite collection of art treasures you have my friend!

Absolutely beautiful!  🥰

Before I ramble on about BR though, I wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on picking up that prestigious "Columbo" set!

I honestly wasn't aware that it had received such royal treatment. I don't know when exactly but that will need to adorn my shelf in the future.

I first became aware of Peter Falk in the WWII war film "Anzio", also starring Robert Mitchum (highly recommended film!) where he portrayed a Canadian Corporal, a member of the "1st Special Service Force" (aka "Devil's Brigade).

There are numerous other films I thoroughly enjoyed him in as well but the series Columbo was assuredly his greatest feat.

The schmaltzy, forgetful detective scheme (a mannerism also played by Det. Kinderman in "The Exorcist") he had down to a fault.

I'm quite pleased you enjoy this show as well and look forward to hearing a quick blurb from you, on the quality of presentation the discs provide. 🙂

I like to think I have a pretty darn nice collection of Blade Runner (1 & 2) editions within reach but you've topped me with a couple of lovelies my friend!  🤩

Some really big swingers there, to be sure!

My heartfelt congratz on obtaining such a wonderful collection.

That Japanese Steel is assuredly a "grail" item and I won't insult you by asking how much.

I'm just very happy to see a copy outside the @deckard99 collection for a change!  🤡

It's on my "before I die" list....

Also, the "UK Ultimate Edition" I seem to have bizarrely overlooked!

THAT ONE, I plan to hunt pronto (with luck, I can even find it at an affordable price!)

The others, I'm extremely fortunate to own, (and perhaps a couple of others? heh).

Now, I'm glad I managed to comment before the great @deckard99 descends here, since he'll chat yer ear off on these lovelies, heh heh.

Cheers my friend. 🙂

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for the tag @Grendel 🤗

@Parzival that's a mighty fine collection you have there! There are a lot of editions but these are the cream of the crop, for sure. Sad to say I don't have the future shop steelbook, but if you leave it to me in your will I'd sure appreciate it! 😉

blade runner film GIF

• Haha 3

I thought I'd carry on with the Blade Runner theme 

BR2049 was a brilliant follow up from Denis Vileneuve

It definitely added to the world, with the same chilling and haunting atmosphere of the first 

The fact that it added many dimensions philosophically was some achievement 

It's a shame it didn't do well at the box office, but same was the case with the original blade runner 

BR2049 was a critic's favourite, I'm sure it will (if it hasn't already) go on to achieving cult status 

Special mention to Jared Leto who I thought was quite brilliant in the film as the follow up pratagonist to Tyrel

Enjoy the steels 

• Like 2