IGNORED

Parzival's Treasure Trove

Hello my dear Psychos 

I thought I'd start a new thread and share some of the treasures in my collection 

I will add something new from my collection periodically, and if any member wants me to go deeper into a particular edition - please let me know. As I open all my editions, I am happy to share pictures with fellow collectors who may want greater detail as to what's inside the hidden treasures. 

So enjoy, please leave feedback, as I always love to hear comments and observations from fellow members in this very knowledgeable forum. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So first up.... The series I believe sits at the apex of the superhero genre

This really was the trendsetter, the benchmark to which all others aspire to

It is quite simply the best superhero series ever... Ground breaking in every sense.

I am referring to of course The Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan 

Sensational series, and a quite magnificent piece of film making. 

Every time I watch any of these films, , it still gives me goosebumps. The chilling and haunting atmosphere created in Gotham City, the superb acting and dark tones sets this series apart. There is nothing still quite like it. 

And Hdzeta indeed did it justice by releasing one of the best editions ever.. The Dark Knight Trilogy by Hdz is stunning, probably has to sit as the number one premium release in my opinion to date. Enjoy! 

IMG_20200913_001642.jpg

IMG_20200913_001829.jpg

IMG_20200913_001901.jpg

IMG_20200913_002114.jpg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Parzival said:

So first up.... The series I believe sits at the apex of the superhero genre

This really was the trendsetter, the benchmark to which all others aspire to

It is quite simply the best superhero series ever... Ground breaking in every sense.

I am referring to of course The Dark Knight Trilogy by Christopher Nolan 

Sensational series, and a quite magnificent piece of film making. 

Every time I watch any of these films, , it still gives me goosebumps. The chilling and haunting atmosphere created in Gotham City, the superb acting and dark tones sets this series apart. There is nothing still quite like it. 

And Hdzeta indeed did it justice by releasing one of the best editions ever.. The Dark Knight Trilogy by Hdz is stunning, probably has to sit as the number one premium release in my opinion to date. Enjoy! 

IMG_20200913_001642.jpg

IMG_20200913_001829.jpg

IMG_20200913_001901.jpg

IMG_20200913_002114.jpg

This is me.

Spoiler

Except without that epic HDZeta set, which, by hook or by crook, I will find and acquire one day. xD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening @Parzival🙂

I wished to take a quick moment to thank-you very much for sharing your pics of your recent beloved items and also offer my thoughts on some.

The films themselves, though I may not place all on the same level of grandeur as you have done, are most assuredly good films, imho and deserve quality presentations.

So I'm very happy that we have been provided such gorgeous releases that are truly works of art in their own right.

I'm pleased to see you were able to acquire these releases, as personally, I find great satisfaction knowing that I've got the best damn edition out there for a film I love...  😀

Ready Player One - I enjoyed, actually more than I thought I would, knowing the premise and plot-line going in.

There were a few contrivances that I found oddly amusing to see but you're right, the nostalgia surges were heartwarming and served to alleviate minor contrivances. I liked it enough to also buy everyone's 1-click, so obviously it served me well.  🙂

Jaws - goes well with all film appetites I'd imagine and has been given the "Classic" moniker for good reason. I'm keenly interested to discover which release you display above, as I think it is very attractive.

Titanic - Another film that has epitomized the term "Blockbuster" and for good reason. I very much enjoyed this film and though not perfect (none are) it gets far more right than wrong. I never did seek out the "Ultimate Edition" but I'm always pleased to see pics from those that do have it and I always feel a tad envious whilst viewing, heh. 🙂

Forest Gump - In truth, I couldn't really see the attraction for this film...until I watched it. I think in many aspects, it speaks to us on a sub-conscious level, implying that, we too can be far more than the sum of our parts, if we just exert the effort to do so. Another "Classic" in every sense of the word.

I also have to agree with the sentiment that Blufans not only knocked it outta the park with that release but no one else even found the ball.  The UHD 'Forest Gum' ed comes close but that's about it.  😀

Nolan Bats - Wow, what a set! HDZ won a LOT of brownie points for this rendition of 3 very beloved films ( on which they seem to be coasting...) but assuredly agree it is one of the nicest releases yet provided for our esteemed Super hero(es), so quite deservedly. I too am fortunate enough to have those wonderful works of art.

I think the 1st film provided a much more in-depth character reveal of Bruce Wayne than we've been accustomed to and the emergence of 'The Batman' persona was excellently executed. Bale was fine as both caricatures, bringing both levity and pathos where needed. I felt the ending was rushed however but that's just my take.

The 2nd film, I considered more as a character study than an action extravaganza and sheepish or not, I'm most definitely on the "We Love Ledger!!!" bandwagon.

Other than the incongruities that would have had bats thrown in jail a dozen times, it was an extraordinary film that deserves the acclaim it receives. 😀

The 3rd film, I cannot provide the same accolades for. It certainly had some excellent moments in it but also far too many conflicting arrangements that cannot hold up to scrutiny. I won't labour them here, as they've been discussed ad nauseum in many locales. Suffice it to say, I think there were some  critical plot-points that inadvertently were left on the cutting room floor.  That's doing it a kindness.

I don't feel its' shortcomings are sufficient enough to ostracize it from the set though!

It looked and sounded spectacular and well, it's a super hero flik so there we are. 🙂

Again, thanks much for sharing with us Parzival, much appreciated!  🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 6

@Grendel

Thanks ever so much for your comments.

Wow, what a deep dive and loved reading your analysis 

I love hearing member feedback in the choice of film, quality of the premium edition and thoughts on the film overall 

I learn a lot by reading other people's perspective, so thanks very much again for taking the time and effort to write such a wonderful piece 👍

I can't wait to hear your thoughts as I post more 

• Like 3

Next up my fellow Psychos. Quite simply, the best detective series on Television 

I am of course talking about Columbo. 

Let's be honest, there have been dozens of detective series on TV, all great characters and popular detectives 

But none was so original and unique as our Lieutenant Columbo. This series brought back intelligent television 

A truly unique model, whereby you knew who the murderer was right from the very first scene 

What joy can you get when you already know who did it? How can a TV detective series be so popular when there is no suspense? 

Colombo put paid to all that, and thew the norms out of the window 

It was the beauty of the kill, the way he harassed, extracted and trapped the murderer scene by scene, acting dumb. The murderer couldn't have been more shocked when Columbo would finally get him. 

The payoff in every Columbo episode was awesome. 

A truly brilliant piece of television. I was mortified when the great Peter Falk passed away. He was born to play this character, and no other actor could've have played him

I am truly honoured and privileged to show you this exclusive "BLU RAY" boxset, only available in Japan

It is really a disservice to this wonderful series that Europe and America have only been lumbered with a DVD box set 

If you are a true fan of Columbo, this blu ray boxset is worth every penny. Especially the latter seasons, in wide screen look awesome. But in truth, every episode is TV magic. Enjoy the pics 

IMG_20201013_004139.jpg

IMG_20201013_004148.jpg

IMG_20201013_004212.jpg

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 8

Ok guys, so next up. Quite simply the best Sci fi film ever made 

Can it be any other except Blade Runner 

I must admit, when I watched it first time it was ok, but I did think what all the fuss was about 

Then I started reading more about it, it's cult status. I got more and more into it 

I watched it again, then also went to a "Secret Cinema" screening, which is a whole evening of interaction and being in character in amazing real sets and props 

I was hooked. Obsessed, trapped in the world of Blade Runner 

I ate, slept and lived in this world. What a stunning film Ridley Scott made 

Truly deserving of its status as one of the best ever 

And the soundtrack by Vengallis, mind blowing. 

Enjoy 

• Like 1