Media Psychos Everything New is Shiny Award

extantsrevenge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, extantsrevenge said:

To receive this award you need to post at least 5 times different new arrival pictures in the areas I mentioned above.

Why is it just those three areas? For me I never post in those for a simple reason: I would only browse them when I have some spare time to kill, but I would never look in them when I was searching for something specific. Which is why I usually put my new arrivals in the places where I find they "matter the most". Just one use case, for an example: If I had the opportunity to get the ML Joker release from somebody for a certain price, I would look up pictures (or videos) for that one to see if it's worth the price to me. Or another: I waited on ML Joker and FAC Joker, to compare them using inhand photos, so once the release is out there, I look up in hand photos to hunt one of them down. Or even another use case (probably the one I am confronted with the most): I get a recommendation for a movie (or I have seen one that I really like on TV/Cinema, etc.), so I start looking up the different releases that are available, because if I decide to spent money on a movie, I always like to get it in the "best" edition (which is a compromise between best package and most bonuses and extras available for the price I am willing to spent). And in these use case, if I am on a forum I would never look up the "recently bought" sections, because I would be scrolling like hell, not knowing if I would ever find what I am looking for. This is why I put the photos of my new arrivals in the threads that I feel they belong the most (e.g. ML Joker, Criterion or Sleepy Hollow Mediabook - to name just a few, where I know that a lot of people where interested in the pictures for these new arrivals; if I had put them into the 'Just arrived'-threads then people interested in the Sleepy Hollow edition [which was a real struggle to get in the edition you wanted to have], people interested in these might not even have seen those, to evaluate if they are still willing to go through the struggle or just drop it, or be happy with whatever edition they get).

And please, don't get me wrong: It's not because I really want this award - if I wanted it so badly I could easily whip up 5 new arrival posts - most of the times something arrives first thing I do is a photo, and I could easily put these together for posts. The reason is another: While I think these "Look what I bought recently" are a lot of fun, and I do look at those threads myself, I wished more people would present their editions "where they'd belong", because in my perception (and maybe that is just me) this is done far to little on this forum. If I search for a specific release because I want to see some "in hand" photos, I usually end up on other big English forums, like Hamton Ducks Nargles, where you nearly always find photos of the releases at the end of the release thread. And I think that's a bit sad for us. I would love us to have this usefulness which might even attract new users. But by promoting just these collective "what I've bought" threads, and just rewarding those I feel like it would train people to just use those threads, and not the release threads.

And maybe it's just me, using forums this 'antiquated' way (and not like a chat, like most people are doing these days), but well, that's just my two cents, just some constructive criticism or food for thought, I hope ;)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pygospa said:

If I search for a specific release because I want to see some "in hand" photos, I usually end up on other big English forums, like Hamton Ducks Nargles, where you nearly always find photos of the releases at the end of the release thread.

Lol. I was wondering, if I should name them, or if it is not liked on this forum (which somehow puzzles me as well - we have so many good selling points for this community, why do we need to be afraid of others? I knew them long before I knew this community, and I decided to come here, and not to them, so do we really need to be that afraid? ;) ), and I decided to just use the acronmy which only those would understand who already knew what place I was referring to. Still funny to see what the censoring bot made out of it: Hamton Ducks Nargles :D :D:D

• ★ Administrators ★

@pygospa you got a point. The OP included this sentence:

So this award is about sharing pictures of your new arrivals with the whole community.

Which would certainly mean that what you wrote should also be part of this award. I adjusted the OP for members like yourself and some others who regularly post in release topics, detailed pictures of new arrival. I love these posts and would love to see more of them. The main raeson why I forgot about it and did not mention such cases, was that for handing out the first few awards it was the logical thing to go through the categories I mentioned. Otherwise poor @R1s1ngs0n would still be searching the forum and counting posts from members 🤣

I thik the updated version is now more clear.

To receive this award you need to post at least 5 times different new arrival pictures in the areas I mentioned above or anywhere else on the website (like the release topics of the editions you have received). After you reached that amount come to this topic and let us know. It might be good to provide links to those posts, or post the 5 arrivals here again, since we can't monitor all arrivals all the time ourselves.

So everyone who is posting his new arrivals in release topics is also very welcome to participate in this Award, and will receive it after 5 posts as well. I will award some members in a few minutes (the ones that do this regularly), and invite others to come to this topic and let us know when they reached the 5 posts so they can also receive our great new award.

Thanks for the feedback 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@pygospa

Thanks for your feedback. The reason these dedicated 'show your latest arrivals' threads were created is precisely for members to freely show their latest aquisitions, without fear of cluttering the release threads which are more suited for general information and official beauty shots.

The awards were created later as a way of showing our appreciation for members who regularly post and also to incite more members to actively participate, which I think is what every healthy community should strive for.

As for your second post - I am also a member on the other site as are many others here, so there is absolutely no need for you or anyone else to feel any reluctance about mentioning them or any other forum. The reason why they are not talked about around here is because we don't feel there is any need to do so... which is more than I can say about them.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

We got a few more members for our newest award

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@pygospa @popohd @pbtour4il @megabee

Thanks for continuously posting pictures of your new arrivals throughout the site.

You all have received our "Everything New is Shiny" Award

Chow Yun Fat Thumbs Up GIFAmazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Any other members who would like to get this award 😊  post your new arrivals 👍

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

• Like 3

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

@pygospa you got a point. The OP included this sentence:

Which would certainly mean that what you wrote should also be part of this award. I adjusted the OP for members like yourself and some others who regularly post in release topics, detailed pictures of new arrival. I love these posts and would love to see more of them. The main raeson why I forgot about it and did not mention such cases, was that for handing out the first few awards it was the logical thing to go through the categories I mentioned. Otherwise poor @R1s1ngs0n would still be searching the forum and counting posts from members 🤣

I thik the updated version is now more clear.

So everyone who is posting his new arrivals in releases topics is also very welcome to participate in this Award, and will receive it after 5 posts as well. I will award some members in a few minutes (the ones that do this regularly), and invite others to come to this topic and let us know when they reached the 5 posts so they can also receive our great new award.

Thanks for the feedback 😃

2 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@pygospa

Thanks for your feedback. The reason these dedicated 'show your latest arrivals' threads were created is precisely for members to freely show their latest aquisitions, without fear of cluttering the release threads which are more suited for general information and official beauty shots.

The awards were created later as a way of showing our appreciation for members who regularly post and also to incite more members to actively participate, which I think is what every healthy community should strive for.

As for your second post - I am also a member on the other site as are many others here, so there is absolutely no need for you or anyone else to feel any reluctance about mentioning them or any other forum. The reason why they are not talked about around here is because we don't feel there is any need to do so... which is more than I can say about them.

Thank you very much for your open minds and incorporating feedback where you feel that it is in the interest of the forum. I really appreciate it. It what's makes this place so special, I guess. I totally understand why you did it the way you did it, and maybe I just didn't understand it the way it was meant, because to me it seemed like you where only awarding those using those three forums, but using them as a starting point is totally understandable and I feel with poor @R1s1ngs0n who ends up doing all the work!

Maybe, to ease up the work you have to put in, just ask in the entrance post for users to also nominate other users if they fit the profile - so it's not just you looking around and others having to actively put up their hands, but if I know that @extantsrevenge deserves this reward, beacause I've seen him posting photos of his new arrivals (which he only does in some secret hidden french subforum), then I can just tag him here. I think a lot of members would join in, if the rules stated it was okey to do so?

One more thing, @R1s1ngs0n: You misunderstood - I do not even have an account there :D (or maybe I do, but then never ever used it :D ). That was my whole point - I never really felt good over there - here it's a totally different thing. Which is why I sometimes feel that the Admins of the forum don't even see their value. To me it always feels strange if you aren't allowed to use certain links, because it seems like you are afraid to loose users. I feel like that fear is unsubstantiated - they should be more afraid of us, than we of them ;) But that's rather offtopic now.

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

We got a few more members for our newest award

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@pygospa @popohd @pbtour4il @megabee

Thanks for continuously posting pictures of your new arrivals throughout the site.

You all have received our "Everything New is Shiny" Award

Chow Yun Fat Thumbs Up GIFAmazing Season 6 GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Any other members who would like to get this award 😊  post your new arrivals 👍

Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

Thank you so much, highly appreciate it. And thank you for your constant work and new ideas for the forum and the users :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pygospa said:

One more thing, @R1s1ngs0n: You misunderstood - I do not even have an account there :D (or maybe I do, but then never ever used it :D ). That was my whole point - I never really felt good over there - here it's a totally different thing. Which is why I sometimes feel that the Admins of the forum don't even see their value. To me it always feels strange if you aren't allowed to use certain links, because it seems like you are afraid to loose users. I feel like that fear is unsubstantiated - they should be more afraid of us, than we of them ;) But that's rather offtopic now. 

I did initially misread your post, which is why I later modified my response 😉

In any case, we have no reason (not the time) to ‘fear’ or be concerned with whatever other forums might say about us. 
Our focus is on making this community grow bigger and stronger and the steady growth in membership numbers proves we are doing just that 😊

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the award.

And for the record, I love the concept or the the connotations that underlies that name, "Everything New is Shiny". I really like that the community is so open to all tastes, very different things, and very different people.

That every option/edition/taste has its own place here.

"Everything New is Shiny"

Everything. No doubt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • ★ Administrators ★

Getting closer to having all our awards back

giphy.gif

So today I will give out again the Everything New is Shiny Award 😃

everything new is shiny.gif

Congartulations to

@Veum @CAYENNE-FAHRER @icewire @extantsrevenge @thomue1987 @Grendel @cypheria078 @Benoit46 @mwatkins02 @RAK @Magnifly @Robertm89 @RileyLad @StrikerEureka79 @Trianna @serg50 @DodgyDave @ukade2327 @BobaFett1974 @Catgirl @Cornbuster @claptraw @lingrass @Danny @Conjuring88 @bgoodman112 @Damiend @Fortis93 @ravounette @raylight @rtphoenix @Rockntoni87 @Ripper @Sephiroth @Gubbel @hal56 @FlanInTheFace @UnlostHorizon @SteelWild @Hardcore @Neil21Harris @pygospa @popohd @pbtour4il @megabee @Intentcoin @R1s1ngs0n @LeGonze @Pbsw23 @Casiusco @Carl @Toapel @GANTZ @Parzival @Ryan @ScottVA

and thanks so much for showing all your new arrivals.

tenor.gif?itemid=12958728

We also got a few members that will join this award for the first time

8JHXfzYVvvHTM3czm_1qoFufNF5anYxAwC1SUurl

@Count Dantes @CryoSteel @swish @Gladiator_MV @tr0llhatt

tenor.gif?itemid=14563198

Anyway, it is very hard to keep track of this award, so when you notice you have posted new arrival pictures 5 times, please let us know. I mostly check the new arrival topics, so I might miss when you post in release topics or other areas.

source.gif

Keep the pictures coming 👌

• Like 6
  • Thanks 19