IGNORED

WCL Akira (WCL Exclusive #44) (4K+2D Scanavo Case) [China]

ksosk

• ★ Administrators ★

Akira Beautshot is out

120e1f8b697e84da73db9d8b19543e2b.gif

You talking to me?

Akira-gifs-anime-37969589-500-258.gif

I just requested a second copy 😃, what about you? Get in here and request one or two

NUz6.gif

You ask me why?

akira-gif-4.gif

BECAUSE IT IS

AKIRA

so jump on and get one of the most important and amazing Anime Movies in History

AdorableDecentAmericanquarterhorse-size_

no Collection should be without this one.

• Like 4

I feel a bit hasty now in buying the recent Korean steelbook though it doesn’t hurt to have an additional steelbook. I do prefer this version though, not least because there isn’t unnecessary text/logos everywhere like the Ive release. I’m curious about the transfer too, is it a new encode? I like the existing hdr disc but I’m pretty eager to see what it looks like in Dolby vision.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I feel a bit hasty now in buying the recent Korean steelbook though it doesn’t hurt to have an additional steelbook. I do prefer this version though, not least because there isn’t unnecessary text/logos everywhere like the Ive release. I’m curious about the transfer too, is it a new encode? I like the existing hdr disc but I’m pretty eager to see what it looks like in Dolby vision.

You can put the 4K steelbook from the I've release inside this edition.  I might do that.  The amarays in these releases are the same thickness as a steelbook.

• Like 1

Awards

• 1 month later...

As far as coveted releases for Akira go, I have yet to see one that could come close to topping the IVE Ent. release that was available from Kimchi in 2020.

All 3 slips (x2 FS and x1 Lenti) were unique artwork as was the Steel inside each.

It's assuredly one of the nicest 1-clicks I own.

Link:

https://kimchidvd.com/en/22248/v.kimchi?searchCnd=eng_title&searchWrd=akira

I joined the GB for the WCL principally because of the mention of the huge book inside and quite eager to view the contents on arrival.

I have a couple stand-alone Steels of Akira as well, so I might Frankenstein one into the WCL set but not sure yet, as I do also appreciate original content in releases.

We'll see eventually, I guess...😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...