IGNORED

Total Recall (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

Good afternoon @Hollywood E Rock🙂

Although I do have that Vestron release of the cute little portmanteau "Waxwork" you displayed a pic of (and the sequel) I was referring to a film that is a tad longer in the tooth;

Waxworks; 1924

Waxworks [Das Wachsfigurenkabinett] (Masters of Cinema)

Released by Eureka, (I ordered via Zavvi) it is an excellent little portmanteau as well and in essence is the basic building block from which such shows as "Mystery Of The Wax Museum" "House Of Wax" and yes even the aforementioned "Waxwork" were devised.

Directed by Paul Leni and with such renowned stars as Emil Jennings, Conrad Veidt and Werner Krauss, four of the biggest names in German silent cinema, I've hoped for this release for a very long time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

= $66 USA 🇺🇸 not including shipping from Zavvi

🤷‍♂️ 

clyde donovan wondering GIF by South Park

9 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I know you'll end up making the right decision. @Veum and I believe in you. 

@Fortis93, I went w/ these 2 from BestBuy yeah!😊

Total Recall 4K Blu-ray

4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + DigitalLionsgate Films | 1990 | 114 min | Rated R | Dec 08, 2020 (3 Months)

image.jpeg.28eb514849a471fb0093fe0868c7ef74.jpeg

Total Recall: 30th Anniversary [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [Only @ Best Buy]

Release Date:12/08/2020

image.jpeg.6fd81da1eda450bb5b012bd7ccc25162.jpeg

• Like 3

One of my absolute favorites, struggling because I don't have a region-free player for the studio canal bonus discs.  Is this my sign to upgrade my player to region-free?  Anyone out there grabbing this just for the art? I have never owned discs I can't play, but jeepers this will look so great on a shelf.

Also, i did see some folks listed on the GB for this, what would be the reasoning to join a GB for an item that can already be ordered from the link provided, does it help with shipping costs? Still learning my way around.

hope your day is going great

Edited by jstak42
  • Like 2

Just now, jstak42 said:

One of my absolute favorites, struggling because I don't have a region-free player for the bonus discs.  Is this my sign to upgrade my player to region-free?  Anyone out there grabbing this just for the art? I have never owned discs I can't play, but jeepers this will look so great on a shelf.

Also, i did see some folks listed on the GB for this, what would be the reasoning to join a GB for an item that can already be ordered from the link provided, does it help with shipping costs? Still learning my way around.

hope your day is going great

What version exactly are you looking to buy? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RAK said:

I was only asking because the U.S. Steelbook is this same. But I have heard rumblings that the U.S. is supposed to get the Boxset but I haven’t seen anything definitive yet.

that would be perfect, definitely looking forward to it either way, also i love the Lionsgate cover for the amray of The Running Man

849102314_runningman.jpg.d5a6ec7543a7be5ffb9777ad9a06fb0f.jpg

Edited by jstak42
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jstak42 said:

One of my absolute favorites, struggling because I don't have a region-free player for the studio canal bonus discs.  Is this my sign to upgrade my player to region-free?

@jstak42

Yes it’s definitely a sign to upgrade your player to region free! I haven’t done it yet myself but I do plan on buying a couple region free players. If you need advice on the subject @Veum has experience purchasing a few different models.

Anyone out there grabbing this just for the art? I have never owned discs I can't play, but jeepers this will look so great on a shelf.

Since I plan on getting a region free player I wouldn’t say I’m purchasing just for the art, but I have made purchases just for display reasons. I don’t do it often, but sometimes I’m just buying a set because the art is wonderful.

The reason I join a Group Buy under the circumstances you mentioned is because with every Group Buy joined you pay a small extra fee (about $2.50 I think) that goes to helping the site, because it isn’t free to run. I like the idea of being able to support the site where I can.

The other reasons why is because I have missed preorders on Zavvi either because I done fell asleep on them or work hours prevented me from taking advantage. Joining a Group Buy gives me piece at mind because a staff member is taking care of it for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@jstak42 to add to what @Hollywood E Rock said another reason I have been doing it is because the Hubmaster from there respective countries get a chance to look over what you ordered before they send it to the U.S. Hub. So your more likely to get a nice copy, and not receive it damaged. So it’s easier on returns if they discover before it gets shipped off to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, RAK said:

I am old, and I am very sad to say I have not even watched this yet.

The Running Man can be a great double feature to run right after Total Recall, it somehow feels like watching T1 and then going right into Assault on Precinct 13 (although if Arnold was on either side of the Carpenter movie it may have ended a lot quicker)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:44 PM, Hollywood E Rock said:

@jstak42

Yes it’s definitely a sign to upgrade your player to region free! I haven’t done it yet myself but I do plan on buying a couple region free players. If you need advice on the subject @Veum has experience purchasing a few different models.

Since I plan on getting a region free player I wouldn’t say I’m purchasing just for the art, but I have made purchases just for display reasons. I don’t do it often, but sometimes I’m just buying a set because the art is wonderful.

The reason I join a Group Buy under the circumstances you mentioned is because with every Group Buy joined you pay a small extra fee (about $2.50 I think) that goes to helping the site, because it isn’t free to run. I like the idea of being able to support the site where I can.

The other reasons why is because I have missed preorders on Zavvi either because I done fell asleep on them or work hours prevented me from taking advantage. Joining a Group Buy gives me piece at mind because a staff member is taking care of it for me.

one week late on the thank you, but much appreciated nonetheless! I know where my extra $2.50 will go whenever I can to support the crew

• Like 3

On 9/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, RAK said:

@jstak42 to add to what @Hollywood E Rock said another reason I have been doing it is because the Hubmaster from there respective countries get a chance to look over what you ordered before they send it to the U.S. Hub. So your more likely to get a nice copy, and not receive it damaged. So it’s easier on returns if they discover before it gets shipped off to you.

makes sense, thank you for the quick response!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...