Hollywood E Rock

THE HORROR JOURNALS

Hello Psychos old & new, Horror season is once again upon us, & you have been brought here to join in on the celebration 👻👻👻! MP Guardian Veum & myself will share our horror movie viewing experiences with our own separate ongoing movie lists. We are inviting everyone who indulges in the season to follow this thread, like posts, & most importantly feel welcome to join us in sharing their experiences with their own list.

I’m also encouraging you all to check out our thread from last year if you haven’t already. A lot of great movies was viewed, & if you’re a film fan who has been on the fence about Horror maybe our lists can point you in the right direction. Giving insight or new perspective that you may not have seen on the genre. Link to last years thread below 😈!

Psychos Be WARNED ☠️☠️☠️! This thread is subjected but not limited to cause Finger Biting, Restless Sleep, Bed Wetting, Diarrhea Drawls, Gray Hair Growth, Gray Hair Loss (& any other color of hair in your head loss), Erectile Dysfunction, Dry Mouth, Purple Pimples, Ambivalent Anxiety, & Possum Paranoia! If you experience any of these symptoms while enjoying & participating in this thread don’t worry we have a place you can go & get treatment 💀💀💀! Hope to see & hear from you all soon 🧛🏿🧟‍♂️🧛🏻‍♀️!

Klinik-MP.jpg

@Veum @xSNAKExPLISSKENx @Grendel @pygospa @Bones @RAK @Scary Hair @Gremlins @capricornio34232 @Caktus26 @Fortis93 @LeGonze @Jaksu @mjk @cypheria078 @R1s1ngs0n @Trianna @GANTZ @RileyLad @Parzival @Limited Edition @Casiusco @bearlol @Pbsw23 @Catgirl @icewire @extantsrevenge @thomue1987 @Benoit46 @BlackWolf @Robertm89 @Mrs.Robinson @deckard99 @Masterblaster @CAYENNE-FAHRER @Sephiroth @romain @Michael hillaby @bilbon @ksosk @hal56 @Foxneo13 @DodgyDave @raylight @Cornbuster @HappyDude007 @hunter72 @Ltd.Steel.Junky74 @Ephoenix @Carl @Christopher @WKRP @txfosho @Ryan @jstak42 @Ytrerio @ScottVA

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

image.gif.70f5b733b27834f0123894c10000d8a4.gif Veum’s cup of tea theatre michaelmyers.gif

... mouhahaha 🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️👻💀👽👹

Alright, alright, alright, it is that time when “In the dead of night, and the moon is high, and the ill winds blow, and the banshees cry, and the moonlight casts an unearthly glow... arise my love, with tales of woe!”

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1244x700.

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg15.devian

Cup of tea theatre

serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft0.gstatic.c

Holiday Film Reviews: Halloween (1978) 

The Exorcist (1973): 20 things you probably didn't know ...

The Omen (1976) – That Was A Bit Mental 

[Feature] "Psycho" (1960): A Classic Revisited on the Big ...

Running Tab

*1st time viewing

*SPOILER ALERT*

useful half skull or1dP.png

image.gif.70f5b733b27834f0123894c10000d8a4.gif michaelmyers.gif

9/1 - THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1958) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

Rescued from the guillotine by his devoted dwarf Fritz, the Baron Victor Frankenstein relocates and becomes Dr. Stein. Under the guise of charity work, he continues his gruesome experiments, this time transplanting Fritz’s brain into his latest creation: a normal, healthy body.

THE CURSE OF THE MUMMY’S TOMB (1964) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

An American showman and financier disrupts the coffin of a mummified pharoah and finds it empty. The mummy has escaped to fulfill the dreadful prophecy and exact a violent and bloody revenge on all those who defiled his final resting place.

9/2 - *The Beast Must Die (1974) dead2.gifdead2.gifor1dP.png

Wealthy big game hunter Tom Newcliffe has tracked and killed practically every type of animal in the world. But one creature still evades him, the biggest game of all – a werewolf.

*A Ghost Story (2017) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

Recently deceased, a white-sheeted ghost returns to his suburban home to console his bereft wife, only to find that in his spectral state he has become unstuck in time, forced to watch passively as the life he knew and the woman he loves slowly slip away.

9/3 - *Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

A young couple inherits an old mansion inhabited by small demon-like creatures who are determined to make the wife one of their own.

9/4 - *It’s Alive (1974) dead2.gifdead2.gifor1dP.png

Lenore Davis and her husband Frank are about to have their second child. As she gives birth, the newborn baby vanishes and leaves behind five dead bodies. It’s up to the police and Frank to figure out where their mutated child has gone. 

9/5 - *Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (2010) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

A young girl sent to live  with her father and his new girlfriend discovers creatures in her new home who want to claim her as one of their own.

9/6 - *Final Destination (2000) dead2.gifdead2.gifor1dP.png

After a teenager has a terrifying vision of him and his friends dying in a plane crash, he prevents the accident only to have Death hunt them down, one by one.

*Blade (1998) image.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifor1dP.png

When Blade’s mother was bitten by a vampire during pregnancy, she did not know that she gave her son a special gift while dying—all the good vampire attributes in combination with the best human skills. Blade and his mentor battle an evil vampire rebel who plans to take over the outdated vampire council, capture Blade and resurrect a voracious blood god.

9/7 - *Jennifer’s Body (2009)  dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

A newly possessed cheerleader turns into a killer who specializes in offing her male classmates. Can her best friend put an end to the horror?

Insidious (2010) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

A family discovers that dark spirits have invaded their home after their son inexplicably falls into an endless sleep. When they reach out to a professional for help, they learn things are a lot more personal than they thought.

9/8 *Insidious Chapter2 (2013)  dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifor1dP.png

The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.

Daughters of Satan (1972) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

A man buys a painting depicting witches being burned at the stake, one of whom beats an uncanny resemblance to his wife.

9/9 *The Mummy’s Revenge (1975)  dead2.gifdead2.gif

Paul Naschy has a duel role as Amenhotep/Assad Bey, an egyptian mummified Pharaoh, and the high priest who brought him back to life. in order for Amenhotep to achieve immortality, Assad Bey, has to kidnap nubile young virgins in Victorian London for blood sacrifices.

9/10 *The Hound of the Baskervilles (1988) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

Sir Charles Baskerville dies on the moor under mysterious circumstances and rumors abound about a demonic hound. When the American heir arrives to take charge, a family friend calls in Holmes and Watson to get to the heart of the mystery.

9/11 *Dracula BBC Ep. 1 (2020) dead2.gifdead2.gifor1dP.png

Started off promising, could not hold a candle 😂 

9/12 - The Birds 4K (1963) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

Chic socialite Melanie Daniels enjoys a passing flirtation with an eligible attorney in a San Francisco pet shop and, on an impulse, follows him to his hometown bearing a gift of lovebirds. But upon her arrival, the bird population runs amuck. Suddenly, the townsfolk face a massive onslaught, with the feathered fiends inexplicably attacking people all over Bodega Bay.

9/13 *Pitch Black 4K (2000) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

When their ship crash-lands on a remote planet, the marooned passengers soon learn that escaped convict Riddick isn’t the only thing they have to fear. Deadly creatures lurk in the shadows, waiting to attack in the dark, and the planet is rapidly plunging into the utter blackness of a total eclipse. With the body count rising, the doomed survivors are forced to turn to Riddick with his eerie eyes to guide them through the darkness to safety. With time running out, there’s only one rule: Stay in the light.

9/14 - *Frankenstein 1970 (1958) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 
The baron’s grandson rents the family castle to a TV crew to fund his atomic revival of the family monster.

Kiss of the Damned (2012) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

Beautiful vampire Djuna tries to resist the advances of the handsome, human screenwriter Paolo, but eventually gives into their passion. When her seductive and highly volatile sister Mini unexpecrably comes to visit, she threatens Djuna’s new relationship, and the whole vampire community becomes endangered.

9/15 - *Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1932) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

Although heavily made up as a jagged-toothed ape-like, Frederick March is memory-scarring with his weird body language and fierce posturing as Hyde, in stark contrast to the upright if simpering Jekyll. Will Jekyll...

9/16 *The Legend of Hell House (1973) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

Extremely enjoyed spooky, haunted house 🏚 tale with great acting and I enjoyed the way the house looked with it's great sets, my highest ‘cup of tea’ yeah!

9/17 - Carnival of Souls( 1962) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif

Mary Henry ends up the sole survivor of a fatal accident through mysterious circumstances. Trying to put the incident behind her, she moves to Utah and takes a job as a church organist. But her fresh start is interrupted by visions of a fiendish man. As the visions begin to occur more frequently, Mary finds herself drawn to the deserted carnival on the outskirts of town. The strangely alluring carnival may hold the secret to her tragic past

The Mummy’s Tomb (1942) dead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gifdead2.gif 

A high pries of Karnak travels to America with the living mummy Kharis (the great Sir Lon Chaney, Jr.) to kill all those who had desecrated the tomb of the Egyptian princess Ananka thirty years earlier.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

HOLLYWOOD’S HALL OF HORRIFYING HELL

(2020)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TABLE OF CONTENT

PAGE 2

Spoiler

Chapter 1: Lights Out (2016)

PG-13 | 1h 21mins | Drama, Horror, Mystery 

Chapter 2: Devil (2010)

PG-13 | 1h 20mins | Drama, Horror, Thriller

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Great posts and thanks for the tag! Since @Veumtold me he was starting early, I watched The Shining and Doctor Sleep tonight. 

I can’t let you guys be the only ones to stop using inappropriate language with people. 

Tomorrow morning during work I have approx 2.5 hours to stroke the meat and watch one additional film, of which I’ve chosen the horror classic CHOPPING MALL!

holy stop using inappropriate language there’s a chopping mall GIF. Lmao 

good luck my fellow ghouls. chopping mall horror GIF by absurdnoisethe shining heres johnny GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ScottVA said:

Great posts and thanks for the tag! Since @Veumtold me he was starting early, I watched The Shining and Doctor Sleep tonight. 

I can’t let you guys be the only ones to stop using inappropriate language with people. 

Tomorrow morning during work I have approx 2.5 hours to stroke the meat and watch one additional film, of which I’ve chosen the horror classic CHOPPING MALL!

holy stop using inappropriate language there’s a chopping mall GIF. Lmao 

good luck my fellow ghouls. chopping mall horror GIF by absurdnoisethe shining heres johnny GIF

@ScottVA,

Nice to see you found us my friend. What did you think of Dr. Sleep? 

I so enjoyed it!!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

@ScottVA,

Nice to see you found us my friend. What did you think of Dr. Sleep? 

I so enjoyed it!!

I loved it more than I ever thought I would. That being said I love Ewan McGriddle a lot and he was phenomenal in it. 

Was pleasantly surprised where they ended up towards the end. It’s one of the few “horror” films ( I quoted that because it was more, I dunno, psychological horror) that I’ve TRULY enjoyed in the past 5 years 

• Like 6

The Beast Must Die (1974)  image.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.985d7991178b32e62aedc07ef0ea957a.gifimage.gif.9742070c175a3077a136ffab9a589271.gif Directed by Paul Annett

ONE OF THESE EIGHT PEOPLE WILL TURN INTO A WEREWOLF. CAN YOU GUESS WHO IT IS WHEN WE STOP THE FILM FOR THE WEREWOLF BREAK? SEE IT … SOLVE IT … BUT DON’T TELL!

Wealthy big game hunter Tom Newcliffe has tracked and killed practically every type of animal in the world. But one creature still evades him, the biggest game of all – a werewolf.

image.jpeg.8892e2ab65f10596797cf66cbe7a14b1.jpeg

A Ghost Story (2017)  image.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.985d7991178b32e62aedc07ef0ea957a.gifimage.gif.9742070c175a3077a136ffab9a589271.gif  Directed by David Lowery

IT’S ALL ABOUT TIME

Recently deceased, a white-sheeted ghost returns to his suburban home to console his bereft wife, only to find that in his spectral state he has become unstuck in time, forced to watch passively as the life he knew and the woman he loves slowly slip away.

image.jpeg.299a03766ce0bd1bb1a0b3f5bd9b8647.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

*Don’t be Afraid of the Dark (1973) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by John Newland

NOW YOU SEE THEM, NOW YOU DON’T... NOW YOU DIE!

A young couple inherits an old mansion inhabited by small demon-like creatures who are determined to make the wife one of their own.

image.jpeg.3ddb069c7a7945396b6d5cb30effc065.jpeg

• Like 4

On 9/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, Veum said:

The Beast Must Die (1974)  image.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.985d7991178b32e62aedc07ef0ea957a.gifimage.gif.9742070c175a3077a136ffab9a589271.gif Directed by Paul Annett

ONE OF THESE EIGHT PEOPLE WILL TURN INTO A WEREWOLF. CAN YOU GUESS WHO IT IS WHEN WE STOP THE FILM FOR THE WEREWOLF BREAK? SEE IT … SOLVE IT … BUT DON’T TELL!

image.jpeg.8892e2ab65f10596797cf66cbe7a14b1.jpeg

A Ghost Story (2017)  image.gif.12ef0b035c92dd3102b49618f2d6b1e4.gifimage.gif.985d7991178b32e62aedc07ef0ea957a.gifimage.gif.9742070c175a3077a136ffab9a589271.gif  Directed by David Lowery

IT’S ALL ABOUT TIME

image.jpeg.299a03766ce0bd1bb1a0b3f5bd9b8647.jpeg

Thanks for the tip on A Ghost Story. Did you see how much that full slip you posted is going for one E-bay? Unreal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ScottVA said:

Thanks for the tip on A Ghost Story. Did you see how much that full slip you posted is going for one E-bay? Unreal.

Then Get This One. It’s the Korean Variant to the one above.

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-a-ghost-story-full-slip-le/1403/?cate_no=105&display_group=1

C1C03C12-1E7D-4104-865D-9A082D5E571F.jpeg

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, txfosho said:

Don't really have a horror collection, but appreciate all the suggestions. thanks

jaw drop wow GIF

2 hours ago, RAK said:

No Problem, they are both from the same company. They made 2 versions of the slips, but should be pretty much identical with the contents. 

But not as...

regina george shes not pretty GIF

Also the movie was only 😑 for me, however I definitely love ❤️ my lenti, quite nifty! 😊 

image.jpeg.bc667cbb4a02fa1df379ce01b22e27e3.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Veum said:

jaw drop wow GIF

But not as...

regina george shes not pretty GIF

Also the movie was only 😑 for me, however I definitely love ❤️ my lenti, quite nifty! 😊 

image.jpeg.bc667cbb4a02fa1df379ce01b22e27e3.jpeg

Good if you think he should get the Lenti over the Fullslip then send him the money so he can buy it. @ScottVA @Veum needs your PP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3