Basil

Player hacks for region free....

created this thread if anyones got hacks for region free they know of that work

bought manta OUTIH was region A locked

found an online hack that works for my 4k panny dmp-ub900 makes it region free for play of that disc

i found a hack for my panasonic player online :D

dont if you got panny

but the trick was this 

stick disc in let it load up screen region A locked

press stop

press no.1

press top menu twice

it then loads in the correct menu

bypassing the region locking

you may now play it

and once the disc is ejected it goes back to how it was, i checked

basil :D

• Thanks 1

Awards

I just bought my first 4k player last night from best buy I purchased the Sony x800 m2 but I learned alot while shopping for one lol. I learned that all 4k disc are region free and that no stores sale a region free player which was one of the things i wanted in my new player. If you want a region free player you have to get them online from company's that have modified them 😔 so after finding this all out I just decided to buy one from there. So I'm disappointed that all my region B locked movies wont work but now at least that pile was cut in half since a few of them are 4k.

39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I just bought my first 4k player last night from best buy I purchased the Sony x800 m2 but I learned alot while shopping for one lol. I learned that all 4k disc are region free and that no stores sale a region free player which was one of the things i wanted in my new player. If you want a region free player you have to get them online from company's that have modified them 😔 so after finding this all out I just decided to buy one from there. So I'm disappointed that all my region B locked movies wont work but now at least that pile was cut in half since a few of them are 4k.

🥤 @Ryan, there is a couple online companies I would recommend you check into...

I've bought several from them (220 electronics) & been very satisfied 😊

remember also if you want all regions you'll need to add this w/your purchase of a blu-ray player with this company:

Region A, B & C Blu Ray: Region ABC plays Any Region Blu-ray from any country guaranteed. +$40.00

220 electronics region-free 4K/blu-ray players 

*I've never bought from bombay, so I do not know if they are modified & if it is in the price or not (seems to be though, need to call them most likely)!

bombay electronics region-free 4K/blu-ray players

Edited by Veum
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤 @Ryan, there is a couple online companies I would recommend you check into...

I've bought several from them (220 electronics) & been very satisfied 😊

remember also if you want all regions you'll need to add this w/your purchase of a blu-ray player with this company:

Region A, B & C Blu Ray: Region ABC plays Any Region Blu-ray from any country guaranteed. +$40.00

220 electronics region-free 4K/blu-ray players 

*I've never bought from bombay, so I do not know if they are modified & if it is in the price or not (seems to be though, need to call them most likely)!

bombay electronics region-free 4K/blu-ray players

Thanks these will be great for a future reference but seeing the prices and what I just paid for mine now it will have to wait lol. So maybe someday maybe for christmas who knows. Kinda just wish there was somewhere near me I could take it to for the mod or some type of device I could connect it to that would be cheap something that would go in the USB port lol.

For Fathers day i bought myself the Arrow limited edition version of the thing because i wanted the best quality version of the film. Since it was oop (and before I found media psychos) i bought it off ebay for $150 knowing it was region b. I have an oppo bdp-103 for my viewing room (the family has the 4k tv and 4k sony player in the family room) because my tv in there is only a 1080p kuro. I figured that oppo players were region free and i didnt have any worries. Well when my beautiful set came in i was very sad to learn that while oppo bluray players are region free for dvd, they unfortunately are not bluray region free. The oppo player has an adapter that can be bought for $100 but since i spent so much on the disc i didnt have any extra cash. I had a hand me down bluray drive for my pc so i ripped it on to a flash drive and plugged it in to my player. So long as the flash drive is big enough to hold the 30 or so gigs there was no quality reduction. 

I ended up buying a 5TB drive for my pc and use the free plex app to stream to the 4k apple tv. So i work in the home theater field and would normally not advocate ripping and streaming over physical media but on the rare occasion that i get a region locked disc i still have a way to watch the film in bluray quality and no region restrictions. 

Plex is kind of cool for the family too because they can stream my movies with out touching my discs. Plex also plays trailers based on your movie library in front of your other movies which i love. 

I hope this helps someone sorry if it was long.