IGNORED

Plisskens House of Horror

xSNAKExPLISSKENx

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ All I know @RAK, is that it exists.

Seems to be incredibly elusive regarding Amazon.com/.ca but I will no doubt try to track down the lovely media book you presented.  🙂

I would give you my extra, just not sure what the cost would be to ship it? Everytime I send something there it’s always so expensive.

• Like 2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Veum said:

Speaking of slasher’s, up for Vieum’s viewing party now, we have on our plate:

🎞️

BLUE UNDERGROUND

LUCIO FULCI’S

THE NEW YORK RIPPER 🔪 

A blade-wielding psychopath is on the loose, turning The Big Apple bright red with the blood of beautiful young women. As NYPD detectives follow the trail of butchery from the decks of the Staten Island Ferry to the sex shows of Times Square, each brutal murder becomes a sadistic taunt. In the city that never sleeps, he’s the killer that can’t be stopped!

image.jpeg.2cba8d89e26b929236b346adc266219c.jpeg

Toddles for now, check-in w/yaz  later mouhahaha 👁️

Quack, Quack w/this film... Fulci is quite the strange director IMO... confirmed this kind of graphic slashing not exactly my ‘cup of tea’ though...

however I did enjoy those...

Spoiler

naked fashion GIF by Cheezburger

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello @RAK, had to step out for a moment. 🙂

That's a very generous offer my friend but not required.

It's indeed a real soap opera mailing things to and from Canada at the moment.

I have it written on my "Interested" list so I'll investigate what's out in the wild but I'm in no hurry, considering the vast amount of GBs to deal with currently. 🙂

Cheers buddy!

• Like 3

So, a couple of new Corman titles coming from "Shout!" are in the pipe.

Horror related...so might as well mention them here...🙂

First up;

Deathsport: (1978)

Sort of a knock-off on his own "Death Race 2000" ('75), it also stars David Carradine again as the lackluster protagonist, only this time they're using motorcycles instead of cars.

Good for a giggle.

Deathsport Poster

Also in the pipe is a Corman film that I absolutely ADORE!

Attack Of The Crab Monsters: (1957)

One of Corman's first films, it was his triumphant jump on the 'giant bug' genre that pervaded the "50s sci-fi films of that era.

For such a bizarre storyline, I actually think it was excellently crafted and noted "Gilligan's Island" star Russell Johnson (The Professor) (RIP 😟) has a commanding presence in it.

I've had the dvd since release and the vhs before that, so I am ecstatic to finally see it out on Blu!  🥰  🤩  🥳

For those whom appreciate the wonderful 50s sci-fi Atomic Scare fliks of the time, I'd consider it a must own.

Attack of the Crab Monsters Poster

• Like 2

Sad to hear you're not feeling your best my friend @Hollywood E Rock and thanks for taking time to peek in!

I always appreciate your contributions to our discussions but take care of yourself first and foremost buddy!  🥰

edit: yeah, up to 4 pages, 'cause that babble mouth Grendel won't ever shut up!  🙃

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 2

I'm happy to report that after almost 2 Months in complete postal limbo from John to me this beauty finally had movement this week and arrived today in perfect shape!

And extra special thanks to our very own @ksosk for the amazing bonus gift! Truly spectacular work as always my dear friend.

20200821_202952.thumb.jpg.e40cd26ecd918227278a1d13a9d0cc2b.jpg

20200821_202831.thumb.jpg.33acf70f6c84cf12e50cccb7f2306640.jpg

P.s. I may have upgraded my copy juuuust a smidge

Edited by xSNAKExPLISSKENx
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

I'm happy to report that after almost 2 Months in complete postal limbo from John to me this beauty finally had movement this week and arrived today in perfect shape!

Nice set @xSNAKExPLISSKENx!

Im buying one from @Masterblaster as well but im hoping it doesn’t take two months, will be sad 😞. Im also getting a copy of one of my other favorites, the Red Archive Red PET version of I saw the Devil. 

I cant wait!

that conjuring set really is a work of beauty!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

Nice set @xSNAKExPLISSKENx!

Im buying one from @Masterblaster as well but im hoping it doesn’t take two months, will be sad 😞. Im also getting a copy of one of my other favorites, the Red Archive Red PET version of I saw the Devil. 

I cant wait!

that conjuring set really is a work of beauty!

It shouldn't, I had multiple shipments from him that shipped afterwards that arrived in the normal 5-7 days. This one I think just hit at the perfect time in his area that got hot hard by covid. I heard about tents and tents full of back logged packages. 

• Like 4

Hi @Bones;

An excellent flik and since you've read Matheson's book, I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more.  🥰

You can grab it on the cheap at Amaz.com right now for 23 bucks (Usd).

Link;

https://www.amazon.ca/Legend-Hell-House-Blu-ray/dp/B00JHH22O4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+Legend+Of+Hell+House&qid=1598065865&s=dvd&sr=1-1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx

I really enjoyed the book. It had alot of dark themes to it that im sure were taboo for the time it was released. Even by todays standards its pretty dark and creepy to me. There are scenes in the book that are told in flashbacks that reminded me of the scene in Event Horizon when the crew finds the tape of what happened to the old crew of the ship.  

• Like 4

One of my favourite authors, I think Richard Matheson has written more screenplays and scripts than I've seen films...

Including for some of my absolutley treasured fliks, like the Corman/Poe/Price films, many Hammer films and a LOT of Twighlight Zone, Night Gallery, Martian Chronicles, hell if it's spooky or sci-fi and I like it, his name usually appears in the credits.

And with all that, THIS is one of his better books! 🙂

And he wrote the screenplay for the film...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

One of my favourite authors, I think Richard Matheson has written more screenplays and scripts than I've seen films...

Including for some of my absolutley treasured fliks, like the Corman/Poe/Price films, many Hammer films and a LOT of Twighlight Zone, Night Gallery, Martian Chronicles, hell if it's spooky or sci-fi and I like it, his name usually appears in the credits.

And with all that, THIS is one of his better books! 🙂

And he wrote the screenplay for the film...

Ok @Grendel im sold. 

Thumbs Ok GIF by moodman

• Like 2
  • Haha 1