Veum

Possible newbie to PlayStation5

🥤Hi gaming experts, it’s your Ol pal Veum 🤠here. I’m thinking about getting a brand new PlayStation 5 come this Black Friday (early November here in the USA 🇺🇸) & was wondering for a novice will I be able to navigate it fairly easy?

Thoughts please & TU❣️

I want to get the games Mafia & Red Dead Redemption II 1st (I’ve read that the PS5 has backward capability & can play these PS4 games, yeah!)

image.thumb.jpeg.181ea3ee84c7e17510453b54e456d91a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.904a79953c3769f59f06bfbc5cefe4d2.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Sony Is Now Preparing 9-10 Million PS5 Consoles For Production, Report Says

Sony is reportedly going to order 3 million more PS5 consoles than previously expected due to an increase in demand related to COVID-19.

The company has increased its production orders from 6 million units to 9 million units

Excited Family Guy GIF

• Like 2

@Veum You also need to consider whether or not many of the game publishers are supporting games that you already purchased on older platforms to upgrade for free. Many are on onboard with this for MS Xbox Series X and I believe some for PS5. Take-Two more than likely will squeeze more revenue dollars for GTA and RDR2 upgrade.

Judging by you initial post, if you have never bought the previous gen console, then it doesn't matter.

https://www.psu.com/news/all-ps4-games-that-have-ps5-upgrades-guide/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Wow get our your  💰 folks sheesh 🙄 image.gif.6f7aa692438fdf48363fd899994974c4.gif

😳 

ted wow GIF

PlayStation 5 Consoles and Packages

PlayStation 5.

Release date: Thursday, November 12.

Countdown to launch day:

Days

• :

Hours

• :

Minutes

• :

Seconds

Sale expires in 55 days, 15 hours and 23 minutes

PlayStation 5
PlayStation 5
$499.99Your price for this item is $499.99
Coming Soon
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
$399.99Your price for this item is $399.99

• Like 3

@Veum, RDR2 right now, with a PS4, you need as much time as possible in the old west before Keanu warps us into 2077 with Cyberpunk.

Reminds me to thank you and the other MP vets for quickly teaching me how to ask questions later.

Your destiny awaits out west

RDR2.thumb.jpg.a9983e7c9f3125d102e11b53cf917e31.jpg

Edited by jstak42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

I would never buy a system when it first releases good luck to those that do. I hope you get a good one.

Ive always bought them and the only issues I ever had was xbox 360. But thats what 2 year warranties are for :)

• Like 1

@Veum, many have even gone as far as to call it a Johnny Mnemonic sequel.  No direct mention of that below, but almost:

What to Play, Read, and Watch while you wait for Cyberpunk 2077

Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand, can't wait.

would go well with a certain GB...

Keanu.jpg.a341dee91753f4ca7cdad11dc174c36a.jpg

Edited by jstak42

2 minutes ago, jstak42 said:

@Veum, many have even gone as far as to call it a Johnny Mnemonic sequel.  No direct mention of that below, but almost:

What to Play, Read, and Watch while you wait for Cyberpunk 2077

Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand, can't wait.

Keanu.jpg.a341dee91753f4ca7cdad11dc174c36a.jpg

would go well with a certain GB...

Usually cyberpunk is not my ‘cup of tea’ though 🤓

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Veum said:

Usually cyberpunk is not my ‘cup of tea’ though 🤓

Understood, there are some (including William Gibson, the cyberpunk guy) that think the game might be miserable anyways.  Unlike steels, I like only committing to about 3 best games per system and then just keep running through them different ways, which means I am just about out of ammo.

I know many call some birthdays "milestones". @Veum happy 12,000th, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It is rumored that Yoda only got to 900.

Edited by jstak42
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, Ryan said:

I would never buy a system when it first releases good luck to those that do. I hope you get a good one.

is the correct answer, i worked in the uk warranty center years ago when the xbox360 launched.

they released with a few known faults but they wanted to beat PS at the time.

so if people bought committed there money.

we had tens of thousands coming in a week to be ripped apart motherboards shipped of to mexico for repair because it was cheaper labour.

and they came in large amounts for good six months till all dodgy motherboards had minor upgrades which could have been done in the uk quicker and easier but ms did not want to pay, uk repair cost xD 

but if they treat there customers like that we had no chance of turning around. quicker with that management structure in place.

joke was shipping all the way to mexico and back completely stupid imho.

and everyone getting whatever motherboard turned back up and for the first few weeks half the repaired boards did not work either xD 

i would not want one of those first repaired machines if you paid me and i was at the time an electronics technician. so lets say i have good insight of around 8 years worth atm.

always best to wait let all the crap get thru and manufacturers get the bugs out as they do in the first 6 months say, then you stand for a good machine usually.

basil  :D

• Like 3

Awards

On 9/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, Basil said:

is the correct answer, i worked in the uk warranty center years ago when the xbox360 launched.

they released with a few known faults but they wanted to beat PS at the time.

so if people bought committed there money.

we had tens of thousands coming in a week to be ripped apart motherboards shipped of to mexico for repair because it was cheaper labour.

and they came in large amounts for good six months till all dodgy motherboards had minor upgrades which could have been done in the uk quicker and easier but ms did not want to pay, uk repair cost xD 

but if they treat there customers like that we had no chance of turning around. quicker with that management structure in place.

joke was shipping all the way to mexico and back completely stupid imho.

and everyone getting whatever motherboard turned back up and for the first few weeks half the repaired boards did not work either xD 

i would not want one of those first repaired machines if you paid me and i was at the time an electronics technician. so lets say i have good insight of around 8 years worth atm.

always best to wait let all the crap get thru and manufacturers get the bugs out as they do in the first 6 months say, then you stand for a good machine usually.

basil  :D

Both my launch xbox one and ps4 lasted the gen, and I put my ps4 through the ringer. Xbox 360 was the only launch console issues I ever faced

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Both my launch xbox one and ps4 lasted the gen, and I put my ps4 through the ringer. Xbox 360 was the only launch console issues I ever faced

My fat ps3 just gave up a few months ago while I was watching IT Follows 😪 I loved that console. I was using it because it plays region B discs. Still have my launch Xbox 360. And it still works

Awards