IGNORED

Blut für Dracula - Sarg-Edition“ – Mediabook limited Edition:666 pc (Germany)

CAYENNE-FAHRER

Blu-ray
Großbritannien 1966 | FSK ab 16 Jahre | VÖ: 30.10.2020

Amazon:Amazon.de 

Price: 136,99€

bmv-medien: bmv-medien

Price: 129,99€
Originaltitel:  Dracula, Prince of Darkness
Regie: Terence Fisher
Darsteller: Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Andrew Keir
Bildformate:  16:9, HD
Tonformate:  Deutsch, Englisch
Bonusinfo:

Doppel-Blu-ray-Edition mit der Studio-Canal-Mastervariante auf Disc 1 und dem neu von der 4K-Abtastung gezogenen HD-Master von Shout Factory auf Disc 2
    Back to Black: The Making of Dracula Prince of Darkness
    Audiokommentar mit Christopher Lee, Barba

Blu-ray
Great Britain 1966 | FSK from 16 years Released: October 30, 2020
Original title: Dracula, Prince of Darkness
Directed by Terence Fisher
Actors: Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Andrew Keir
Image formats: 16: 9, HD
Sound formats: German, English
Bonus info:
    Double Blu-ray edition with the Studio Canal master version on Disc 1 and the new 4K HD master from Shout Factory on Disc 2
    Audio commentary with Christopher Lee, Barba

blut-fuer-dracula-sarg-edition-mb-cover.jpg

Edited by CAYENNE-FAHRER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mehr Infos und Bilder

• 2 Discs: 1x Studio-Canal-Master Variante & dem neu von der 4K-Abtastung gezogenen HD-Master von Shout Factory
  • Sarg Replik + Abdecktuch (Stoff) und einer Kissenminiatur (Resin)
  • Die Maße betragen 255 x 180 x 140 mm & ca. 2kg schwer
  • Das Replik beinhaltet ein Fach für das Mediabook (Cover D)
  • Back to Black: The Making of Dracula Prince of Darkness
  • Audiokommentar mit Christopher Lee; Barbara Shelley; Francis Matthews und Susan Farmer
  • „Behind the Scenes“-Homemovie
  • Andrew Keir und Barbra Shelley erzählen (Bühneninterviews aufgenommen auf dem Festival of Fantastic Films in Manchester)
  • Bis zur Veröffentlichung werden noch viele Bonusfeatures hinzukommen

Quelle: bmv-medien.de

image_14160.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this, @CAYENNE-FAHRER. I wanted to but totally forgot about it. Here are just a few more information about this release:

This "coffin"-release is (as was the wood box for the initial Dracula) by Anolis to celebrate them finally managing to get these editions to be released in Germany by them. "Dracula" of course had other releases as well, but The Prince of Darkness was never before released - hence the special coffin release. As with Dracula, this mediabook has an exclusive artwork (Cover D) that comes just with the coffin, but also three additional mediabook releases and an Amaray release - if you don't want the coffin, you can still own the movie in a beautiful mediabook. However, these will be available for preorder only shortly before release (all together on Oct. 30th), whereas the coffin release is available for preorder since January 2020, and on Febuary 2020 they posted that 50% is already ordered (however, I guess since then not much more happened, as there was no other update regarding the stock). But to be sure: If you really want the coffin, don't wait too long.

Here's a pciture of all the other mediabooks (unfortunately in bad qualit) as well as one other shot of the coffin. Be aware, that as the release is only in October these are still subject to change (according to Anolis).

069f35ff670e684d0bde0ce351dfbf1d5ce3844b.png

82114983_10158731703889672_5344849013302624256_o.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 3:29 AM, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

Blu-ray
Großbritannien 1966 | FSK ab 16 Jahre | VÖ: 30.10.2020

Amazon:Amazon.de 

Price: 136,99€

bmv-medien: bmv-medien

Price: 129,99€
Originaltitel:  Dracula, Prince of Darkness
Regie: Terence Fisher
Darsteller: Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Andrew Keir
Bildformate:  16:9, HD
Tonformate:  Deutsch, Englisch
Bonusinfo:

Doppel-Blu-ray-Edition mit der Studio-Canal-Mastervariante auf Disc 1 und dem neu von der 4K-Abtastung gezogenen HD-Master von Shout Factory auf Disc 2
    Audiokommentar mit Christopher Lee, Barba

Blu-ray
Great Britain 1966 | FSK from 16 years Released: October 30, 2020
Original title: Dracula, Prince of Darkness
Directed by Terence Fisher
Actors: Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Andrew Keir
Image formats: 16: 9, HD
Sound formats: German, English
Bonus info:
    Double Blu-ray edition with the Studio Canal master version on Disc 1 and the new 4K HD master from Shout Factory on Disc 2
    Audio commentary with Christopher Lee, Barba

blut-fuer-dracula-sarg-edition-mb-cover.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 3:43 AM, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

mehr Infos und Bilder

• 2 Discs: 1x Studio-Canal-Master Variante & dem neu von der 4K-Abtastung gezogenen HD-Master von Shout Factory
  • Sarg Replik + Abdecktuch (Stoff) und einer Kissenminiatur (Resin)
  • Die Maße betragen 255 x 180 x 140 mm & ca. 2kg schwer
  • Das Replik beinhaltet ein Fach für das Mediabook (Cover D)
  • Back to Black: The Making of Dracula Prince of Darkness
  • Audiokommentar mit Christopher Lee; Barbara Shelley; Francis Matthews und Susan Farmer
  • „Behind the Scenes“-Homemovie
  • Andrew Keir und Barbra Shelley erzählen (Bühneninterviews aufgenommen auf dem Festival of Fantastic Films in Manchester)
  • Bis zur Veröffentlichung werden noch viele Bonusfeatures hinzukommen

Quelle: bmv-medien.de

image_14160.jpg

2 hours ago, pygospa said:

Thanks for posting this, @CAYENNE-FAHRER. I wanted to but totally forgot about it. Here are just a few more information about this release:

This "coffin"-release is (as was the wood box for the initial Dracula) by Anolis to celebrate them finally managing to get these editions to be released in Germany by them. "Dracula" of course had other releases as well, but The Prince of Darkness was never before released - hence the special coffin release. As with Dracula, this mediabook has an exclusive artwork (Cover D) that comes just with the coffin, but also three additional mediabook releases and an Amaray release - if you don't want the coffin, you can still own the movie in a beautiful mediabook. However, these will be available for preorder only shortly before release (all together on Oct. 30th), whereas the coffin release is available for preorder since January 2020, and on Febuary 2020 they posted that 50% is already ordered (however, I guess since then not much more happened, as there was no other update regarding the stock). But to be sure: If you really want the coffin, don't wait too long.

Here's a pciture of all the other mediabooks (unfortunately in bad qualit) as well as one other shot of the coffin. Be aware, that as the release is only in October these are still subject to change (according to Anolis).

069f35ff670e684d0bde0ce351dfbf1d5ce3844b.png

82114983_10158731703889672_5344849013302624256_o.jpg

🥤Oh, Oh snap Udi @CAYENNE-FAHRER thanks for posting this... I have to have this my Dracula 🧛‍♂️ fix 🩸

I’m going to ask Thomas to order me one TU❣️

shocked gif GIF

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just a teeny tiny information flyer, but this is what Anolis printed on the backside of the cover card for their Quatermass 2 release:

photo_2020-08-31_00-24-22.thumb.jpg.e18ba80a751871fa0ca44682ddfc77ce.jpg

With this flyer they once more commit to the "coming soon" release for "Prince of Darkness" which was initially announced for release in the first quater of 2018, which they also did on facebook. So both, the coffin edition as well as the three other Mediabook covers and the Amaray will probably comming this year, and even though they did not reiterate the date, I guess they'll try to fulfill their December 2019 claim for Halloween this year.

I already pre-ordered the coffin-version at the beginning of this year, and I'll probably also order cover B additionally to this release - normally I never double dip on the releases for Anolis, but I don't like the coffin-cover and I also did not like the cover on their original Dracula release [see picture below] but stuck with the coffin release of that one as well, and now whenever I look at that release in my collection I feel a slight regrett of not getting the cover B in addition to the coffin as well. This will not happen with this release! :D

2017_09_17_dracula_packshots_web.png.d9ceed30a8bed5b32e38383e0a250402.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for the heads-up news @pygospa🙂

I am indeed looking forward to the MB release.

I'm afraid I'll need to forego the coffin release at this time however both covers B and C are certainly inspired works, so I'll need to determine which before ordering, heh.

I'm quite happy that the goal markers are finally creeping forward at least!  🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I'll use this thread also for the other covers - I think that makes more sense than opening up a new one (as they will be released in a set, and the coffin release is "Cover D" of that set):

120446445_10159643029679672_495779793422

Anolis as finally made the announcement and send out the pre-order information to all shops out there, so in the comming days, these will pop up at your favorite mediabook dealer. Demand for these is of course pretty high, and Anolis has asked to preorder as soon as possible so they can plan the demand appropriately (they've probably been overwhelmed by the really fast selling "Frankenstein created Woman" that sold out within hours or even minutes). So you've been asked to preorder now - however the product is not yet finnished, and is postponed as well (given that these should have all come out at the same time, which was planned for Oct. 30th).

First of, here are the pre-order links from Wicked-Vision who where once more fastest to post: Cover A, Cover B, Cover C. Price will be 29,99€ as usual, and the new release date is Dec. 12th, however Anolis stated that this might still postpone further, (quote):

Wir arbeiten aktuell noch an der Edition. Was bedeutet, dass die nachfolgenden Infos UNTER VORBEHALT zu betrachten sind und sich noch ändern können!!

Da wir am Beginn des Weihnachtsgeschäfts stehen (zumindest was die Entertainment-PRODUKTION angeht) und die Hammer-Dracula-Titel ein ganz anderes Potential haben als die restlichen Titel, möchten wir den Händlern die Gelegenheit geben, schon mal „vorzufühlen“, was für einen Bedarf bei der Kundschaft vorhanden ist (insbesondere im Bezug auf die Covervarianten). Daher gibt es ausnahmsweise bereits 2 Monate vor VÖ das Gros der Editions-Infos

And my translation:

We are still working on this edition. This means that this information is WITHOUT WARRANTY and could still be subject to change!!
Because we are already at the beginning of the Christmas season (at least regarding Entertainment PRODUCTION) and given that the Hammer-Dracula-titles have a totally different potential compared to our usual titles, we want to give the Resellers the opportunity to "feel out" the demand they have with their customers for this releases (and especially also regarding the different cover variants). Because of this, as an exception you'll the shop will get the preorder information 2 months ahead of the scheduled release date

And for all you fans of the nitty gritty details, here you go:

There will be two blu-ray discs (unusuall for Anolis, whose one-tray releses I'd rather call "digibooks") containing two different masters. One is an all new master that was created from the 4K transfer, the other one is the HD Master created by Studio Canal.

And on the bonus side we get:

• Audio commentary with Christopher Lee, Suzan Farmer, Francis Matthews and Barbara Shelley
  • Audio commentary with Uwe Sommerlad and Volker Kronz (definately in German)
  • Audio commentary with Troy Howarth
  • Audio commentary with Constantine Nasr and Steve Haberman
  • Documentation: "Back to Black - The Making of Dracula: Prince of Darkness"
  • Super 8mm "Behind the Scenes" footage
  • Trailer, movie programms, picture galery.

Rather packed, not so much with documentations and featurettes, but four audio commentaries, including one with the legendary Christopher Lee - that's something to lookk forward to! :)

Booklet will be a bit thicker as well, with 32 pages by Dr. Rolf Giesen and Uwe Sommerlad (the usual) - but this of course is most interesting to those able to read German.

I again, went the extra mile and looked up all the other releases out there, and it seems like regarding the extras you'll definately be getting an upgrade:

• The Studio Canal Disc, that was released in the UK Amaray with Slipcover and also by Zavvi for their exclusive Steelbook just lists the Christopher-Lee Audiocommentary, the Back to Black and the Super 8 footage. There is an additional extra on that "Hammer Stars: Christopher Lee"
  • Old US release is identical to the UK release.
  • New US release by Shout Factory does not have the "Hammer Stars: Christopher Lee" featurette, but instead the "Dracula and the Undead" featurette. It misses the Super 8 footage, but adds the Audio commentary with Troy Howarth
  • All the other European releases (Spain, France, Italy) don't list any other extras than the trailers.

So while you always miss one of the featurettes (and we don't know if Anolis is maybe even working on getting one more featurette on this disk?) when going for the Anolis release, you'll alywas miss out one or two of the Audio commentaries (the one with Constantine Nasr and Steve Haberman seems to be exclusive, as far as I can tell?) plus maybe also the super 8 footage. And of course the excellent booklet that will most definately not only contain stills but a lot of "rare" archival pictures and poster wartworks from around the world. So I guess, even if you own the movie in another release, this might still be worth owning (I myself am on the lookout for that Zavvi Steelbook, and I would still get that in addition to Anolis' release).

And because we didn't have a trailer yet, I'll close with the trailer - never break with traditions :D

• 2 months later...

This picture was posted by Anolis today. Apparently those are the coffin editions of Dracula. 1.5 months later than planned (and before that actually 1.5 years later than originally announced), this could actually still be happening this year! 🤩

As I have probably already mentioned somewhere above, I've pre-ordered the coffin back in February this year, so with 10 months this is probably the longest time I've been waiting between order placement and arrival. Well, patience is a virtue, and I am all but impatient (or at least I try to be). Really happy, to get this as well as the Cover B that I've ordered as well (the very first double dip I did with Anolis) 😇

130305903_10159850525164672_1938277895700564311_o.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 4:01 AM, thomue1987 said:

@Veum

order placed 🤞

On 6/29/2020 at 8:32 PM, Veum said:

🥤Hi Thomas @thomue1987,

Would you please order for me this from Amazon.de or BMV-Medien.de

1x Blut für Dracula - Sarg-Edition - Mediabook - Limitiert auf 666 Stück - Sammler-Edition [Blu-ray] to the USA 🇺🇸  

136,99 €

image.jpeg.aeb512ea94eb909675979ad7a10c4f92.jpeg

OR

1x Blut für Dracula - Limited Uncut 666 Sarg Edition (2x Blu-ray Disc) - Mediabook

129,99 €

image.jpeg.aeb512ea94eb909675979ad7a10c4f92.jpeg

Thank You! Veum🤠😇😷😊

@pygospa your post got me to thinking of when did I order this and I went back on my threads and I ordered this from Thomas in the “old” media markt/Saturn [German] General GroupBuy on June 30. 2020...

Can I/we expect this to come of fruition soon then @pygospa?

On 12/8/2020 at 8:42 PM, pygospa said:

This picture was posted by Anolis today. Apparently those are the coffin editions of Dracula. 1.5 months later than planned (and before that actually 1.5 years later than originally announced), this could actually still be happening this year! 🤩

As I have probably already mentioned somewhere above, I've pre-ordered the coffin back in February this year, so with 10 months this is probably the longest time I've been waiting between order placement and arrival. Well, patience is a virtue, and I am all but impatient (or at least I try to be). Really happy, to get this as well as the Cover B that I've ordered as well (the very first double dip I did with Anolis) 😇

130305903_10159850525164672_1938277895700564311_o.jpg

@Veum Oh - I guess best to find out is by asking Thomas directly then. I actually didn't even know that you could also buy them via Mediamarkt. So not sure if he really ordered them at Mediamarkt or somewhere else. I ordered my Coffin edition via Pretz Media, and they have not changed the status of my order in any way. Still, the photo I posted was by Anolis and they tagged the image with coffin edition and dracula, so those releases should be available for shipping as well, very soon.

Anolis' original plan was to release all four Mediabooks the same time, I guess, that's for logistics reasons - they'll probably produced all 4 Mediabooks at the same time. The coffins only arrived now, maybe they where only waiting for those.

The single Cover B Mediabook I ordered via Wicked Vision. They just changed their status, so I guess Anolis has delivered them their batch for distribution amongst the people who ordered it.

• Thanks 1

But generally: Yes. I would think they'll be delivering very soon now. Anolis will probably unpack the delivery and check it for correctness, then send them to the retailers, and as soon as the retailers have it, they'll send it to the customers. So I would imagine retrailers could be getting this maybe even end of this week, or beginning of next, so beginning to middle of next week, delivery to the customers should start. And then it'll need some time to arrive at Thomas and he'll need to relay it to you. If you are lucky it'll be there between Christmas and New Year's Eve? Depending on how shipping to USA takes these days... Recon there could be Corona and Christmas shipping madness related delays. But I'll keep my fingers crossed, that you'll get yours very soon :)

• Thanks 1

Aaaand... the Coffin, that I ordered from Pretz got shipped, just today. I recon this will come earlier, than the mediabook from Wicked, as I always ask Wicked to include single orders to another in order to safe some shipping money. I expect it to come together with these two beauties that I ordered, so not earlier than Dec. 18th. But with a little bit of luck the coffin could arrive this weekend - so I'd be able to share some photos for everyone still undecided, and to sweeten the time for anyone still waiting for their order to arrive ;)

170001675_Screenshotfrom2020-12-1014-40-06.png.e90c71c950c9cda15c86813b501bee35.png

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, pygospa said:

But with a little bit of luck the coffin could arrive this weekend

Well.... it's Christmas season, so they took the full 5 days they estimate (2-5 days). But finally it's here. Package was crazy! On the photos I included a "Mediabook for scale". I don't recon they'll (i.e. Pretz Media) choose this packaging for all the orders, as mine also included two additional mediabooks (typically wrapped into so much bubble-wrap that you could throw it around. My inner box for the coffin (probably the original shipper), which has the warning "handle with extreme care" was rather damaged on one of the sides, so I was a bit scared, but luckily they've included an extra set of styrofoam wedges to secure the inner-inner-package (yes, it was a bit like opening Matryoshka dolls), and if you finally got to that one and opened it, there was another layer of styrofoam protecting the actual coffin.

The coffin itself consists of 4 parts: A cushion (that is unfortunately made out of resin), a blanket, that is made out of real cloth, the actual "coffin" (now that I think of it, that's actually the wrong name for it. This should be called sarcophagus, not coffin, shouldn't it? - I FEEL CHEATED! I WILL RETURN IT 🤣 ), and a separate base to place the coff... sarcophagus (okay that's far too long to write it out all the time) on, that also has a little slot for the Mediabook. The set is really heavy, and once I assembled it i put it on my scale: nearly 2.3kg!!! It's made to look rather used, so you have little cracks everywhere (and if you compare them with the beauty-shots you'll see that they are intentionally), but you do also clearly see the non-voluntary lines where things where glued together, which is a bit of a shame. Also some sides look a bit crooked (e.g. compare the corners of my base where the slot for the Mediabook is), in if you compare these to the beauty shots, this is also definitely not voluntary. Also on the bottom you have some felt cloth glued to the base, and my one has some bubbles in it and is not even straight (see the right hand side). But what is even more bothersome is the paint job. If you compare it to the beauty shots, you'll recognize a huge difference - the triangles are never in their lines, and the triangles don't have sharp corners. This might be seen rather pedantic, as it still looks great (especially from afar), but given the price tag (130€ - 30€ for the Mediabook = 100€ for the sarcophagus), you could have expected a bit more, I guess. I still love it, non the less. But resellers are already offering it for up to 200€s and that's far too much. Other than that, I am happy that this movie finally - FINALLY made it to Germany. Since the first (and only) release on DVD by Anolis in 2003 there hasn't been another German release for this, and it is one of the most sought after film in the Hammer Dracula series. So finally we can still our thirst for it (get it? The German translation literally means "Blood for Dracula" 😅 *badum-tssss*).

I've added their first "coffin" release for Dracula, which still looks and feels more high-grade than this release (though it was probably much cheaper in production), just for comparison and fun. Enjoy the pictures.

Oh and btw. I usually don't do this, but with this one I'll keep the Mediabook sealed (at least for now), because it is not my favorite cover and I've also ordered cover B separatly. When that one arrives, I'll also post some pictures from the inside - for now you'll have to wait and make due with that sarcophagus.

20201216_110211.jpg

20201216_110641.jpg

20201216_110853.jpg

20201216_110947.jpg

20201216_110957.jpg

20201216_111215.jpg

20201216_111236.jpg

20201216_111248.jpg

20201216_111519.jpg

20201216_111541.jpg

20201216_111743.jpg

20201216_111747.jpg

20201216_111800.jpg

20201216_111854.jpg

20201216_112008.jpg

20201216_112031.jpg

20201216_112039.jpg

20201216_124344.jpg

20201216_124357.jpg

20201216_124634.jpg

• Like 1

And a second set of pictures, this time from the separate mediabook I bought. The one that goes into the shelf with the others :)

Again it's a great mediabook, same design as all the others, but different to the edition that is included in the sarcophagus it comes with a cover card that has the FSK seal on it and a look at the edition up next: The Revenge of Frankenstein. Other than that, and the cover the inside should be totally identical. The booklet is really great once more, with a lot of different artworks and posters (from Catalan, France, Spain and the USA), lobby cards, behind the scenes photographs with autographs by the actors (2x Christopher Lee, as well as Suzan Farmer, Francis Matthews and Barbara Shelley -- that's a really neat thing), and if that's not enough, we get the British and the US Cut on different discs, with the GB edition having the British poster artwork and the US edition having the US poster artwork. That's some crazy attention for detail. The one I am really loving 😍

Wonderful edition, through and through.

20201219-145223-4760_ 200-4-1.7-27.jpg

20201219-145232-4761_ 200-4-1.7-22.jpg

20201219-145426-4762_ 200-4-1.7-28.jpg

20201219-145451-4763_ 200-4-1.7-21.jpg

20201219-152303-4765_ 200-4-1.7-14.jpg

20201219-152311-4766_ 200-4-1.7-22.jpg

20201219-152317-4767_ 200-4-1.7-10.jpg

20201219-152328-4769_ 250-4-1.7-14.jpg

20201219-152335-4770_ 200-4-1.7-11.jpg

20201219-152348-4772_ 250-4-1.7-13.jpg

20201219-152356-4773_ 200-4-1.7-12.jpg