IGNORED

Related Topics (to Anime)

Grendel

Hi Folks;

These eds were a bit slower to jump on, as the prices seemed to be carved in granite.
I finally decided to pull the trigger, regardless.
- Berserk, Vol-6
- Hellsing, Vol-2
- Blade Of The Immortal, Vol-1

I cracked open BotI immediately, as I was very curious what the art style was like. Needless to say, I was quite happy!

Name:  BotI Vol 1,  inside.jpg Views: 2 Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  Bsrk 6,Hlsng 2, BotI 1    50.jpg Views: 2 Size:  93.4 KB

🤩

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to quickly mention, Sentai is FINALLY releasing a Blu for "Blade Of The Immortal", only took what, 20 years?

Should be out by end Jan, '21;

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/blade-of-the-immortal-complete-collection-blu-ray

Blade of the Immortal Complete Collection Blu-ray Front Cover

It's a bit pricey to pre-order ($63Usd) and I don't think they'll sell out immediately, so probably safe to wait a bit for a price drop (I hope!)

I was of course hoping for an LE but they may be a bit nervous wrt sales, I dunno.

If they come out with one later, I'll just forward this one to my Gals, heh.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Just wanted to update the post above;

The Anime Blu for BotI is out now, currently available at Amz.com for $48Usd as well as other locales.

It's not listed at Amz.ca yet (figures, either is the JoJo Golden Wind Pt-2) so will wait a bit to see if they get it before I import.

I haven't checked Amz.uk, Zavvi or Kaze.de yet but will look soon and report if I see it.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks;

It's been a while since I've actually put strong thought into picking up a new statue.

That is, until GoodSmile just dropped this nuke bombshell;  :Bang:

Ghost In The Shell: Major Motoko Kusanagi

Link:

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/10986/Motoko+Kusanagi.html

Pic:

e9ce709212627d2dbbf33d30f6b21079.jpg

Approx 11inches (275 mm) in height, considering Motoko is kneeling, that is an impressive dimension.

At ~ $1K Usd, this is very doable for me.

The facial features, the intricate tubing and the amazing body sculpt make this one of the nicest Figs I have ever seen.

Release is in Jun '22 but pre-orders will close (and no doubt sell-out) around end May this year.

I've got ~ $200Usd in TOM points built up (if I order via Tokyo Otaku Mode) and shipping would be free, so, yeah.

This could easily happen.  :D

Tag: @extantsrevenge, @Trianna, @LeGonze, @RAK, @DarthEd, @Veum, @Magnifly, many others.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

It's been a while since I've actually put strong thought into picking up a new statue.

That is, until GoodSmile just dropped this nuke bombshell;  :Bang:

Ghost In The Shell: Major Motoko Kusanagi

Link:

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/10986/Motoko+Kusanagi.html

Pic:

e9ce709212627d2dbbf33d30f6b21079.jpg

Approx 11inches (275 mm) in height, considering Motoko is kneeling, that is an impressive dimension.

At ~ $1K Usd, this is very doable for me.

The facial features, the intricate tubing and the amazing body sculpt make this one of the nicest Figs I have ever seen.

Release is in Jun '22 but pre-orders will close (and no doubt sell-out) around end May this year.

I've got ~ $200Usd in TOM points built up (if I order via Tokyo Otaku Mode) and shipping would be free, so, yeah.

This could easily happen.  :D

Tag: @extantsrevenge, @Trianna, @LeGonze, @RAK, @DarthEd, @Veum, @Magnifly, many others.

Holy dear God!! Just do it Sensei!!... 😍😍😍😬😬😬😃😃😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Grendel: It’s gorgeous, certainly, but it’s wayway too expensive for me and I could do without the bare breasts, personally. I’d rather have this:

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4507/figma+Motoko+Kusanagi+S+A+C+ver.html

I have the Hot Toys Scarlett Johansson Black Widow figure from Captain America: Winter Soldier. That’s the only expensive figure I own, and, at times, I’ve regretted spending as much as I did for it and I even pre-ordered it at a discount. Which is weird, I guess, because I’ve spent more on one-clicks like the HDzeta Dark Knight Trilogy boxset that I’ve never even opened. 🤔😁

Edited by DarthEd
  • Like 3

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
21 hours ago, Trianna said:

Oh my good, wtf 😥 I can't belive it, that is simply devastating news. The Berserk Manga is together with the Nausicaä Manga my favorite. I'm a little shocked that I completely missed this news. And now we will most likely never see the end of the story. Damn and 54 is not old.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Good Evening @extantsrevenge🙂

Just a friendly heads-up my Buddy, TOM has a new Sakura Figure up for sale that looks gorgeous! 😍

Pricey, at $478 Usd but felt I had to let ya know, heh (same as I'm sure you would, for new Madoka Gals for me!)

TOM Link;

https://otakumode.com/shop/60ef9542a684a16817da3ea5/Sakura-Kinomoto-Always-Together-~Pinky-Promise~-TOM-Exclusive-Bonus?utm_source=tom&utm_medium=ec&utm_campaign=EC_20210727_FigureNews_US_CA&utm_content=IMG_01

TOM pic;

Sakura Kinomoto: Always Together ~Pinky Promise~ [TOM Exclusive Bonus] Cardcaptor Sakura 1

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
5 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @extantsrevenge🙂

Just a friendly heads-up my Buddy, TOM has a new Sakura Figure up for sale that looks gorgeous! 😍

Pricey, at $478 Usd but felt I had to let ya know, heh (same as I'm sure you would, for new Madoka Gals for me!)

TOM Link;

https://otakumode.com/shop/60ef9542a684a16817da3ea5/Sakura-Kinomoto-Always-Together-~Pinky-Promise~-TOM-Exclusive-Bonus?utm_source=tom&utm_medium=ec&utm_campaign=EC_20210727_FigureNews_US_CA&utm_content=IMG_01

TOM pic;

Sakura Kinomoto: Always Together ~Pinky Promise~ [TOM Exclusive Bonus] Cardcaptor Sakura 1

🥰

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wow @Grendel what a terrific figure 😍. Simply amazing to see the level of details in figures these days. But I have to stay strong. Simply no room 😪

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Hi Folks!  😀

Well, been a while since we dropped in here but I think ya might like this.

So, this is just too damn cute for words (as I've heard the Series is)

RightStuf: (Figs Dept)

Link:
- https://www.rightstufanime.com/Dralu...ndoroid-Figure

- Draluc (and John!)  (from the Anime, "The Vampire Dies in No Time").
- Nendoroid
- $62Usd
- Rel Date: Aug 31 2022

Also comes with a Cape shrouded pile of dust and a Bat he transforms into, as well as John, the Armadillo.
Pre-ordered!!! rock.gif

edit: Oh, for those possibly too young to understand why the hell Draluc would have an Armadillo, it's a throw-back homage to the 1931 Lugosi flik of "Dracula" where, during a castle exploration scene, we see an armadillo scurrying across the ground.
I suppose back then, folks were rather unaware of exotic species and they thought tossing an armadillo in the mix, looking sort-of like a very large scaly rat, it would creep folks out. ( yeah, I'm a huge Universal's Monsters geek...)

[Wow, could you even imagine a Hollywood Studio caring enough to do that amount of research/inclusion?
What pathetic sociopaths they've become...]

Anyway;
For that reason alone, I'll buy this Blu and the fig(s), to pay respect to them going into that amount of detail for the series. rock.gif
- I've also heard it's funny as all hell!

Draluc.jpg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3