IGNORED

Related Topics (to Anime)

Grendel

Good Evening My Friends; ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Well, I elected to create a Thread in which we can discuss items and subjects that are related to anime but not necessarily the shows themselves.

Such as;

- Manga

- Manhwa (and associated webtoons)

- Music

- Figures, posters, artwork

- and what ever else you deem appropriate.

No sales though of course, please. We have an excellent "Classifieds" for that.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

One that has a larger audience base;

Motoko Kusanagi: (GitS: SAC)

ย 

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C._2045 Motoko Kusanagi 5

Avail at both TOM and RightStuf:

ย 

TOM: ($130Usd)ย  https://otakumode.com/shop/5edd9e673cb79aa1271a4fb7/Ghost-in-the-Shell-S-A-C-2045-Motoko-Kusanagi

ย 

RS: ($180Usd)ย  https://www.rightstufanime.com/Motoko-Kusanagi-Ghost-in-the-Shell-SAC-2045-Figure

ย 

• Like 3

Good idea to create this topic! ๐Ÿ‘ better to discuss our hobby here than in the release topic ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

One that has a larger audience base;

Motoko Kusanagi: (GitS: SAC)

ย 

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C._2045 Motoko Kusanagi 5

Avail at both TOM and RightStuf:

ย 

TOM: ($130Usd)ย  https://otakumode.com/shop/5edd9e673cb79aa1271a4fb7/Ghost-in-the-Shell-S-A-C-2045-Motoko-Kusanagi

ย 

RS: ($180Usd)ย  https://www.rightstufanime.com/Motoko-Kusanagi-Ghost-in-the-Shell-SAC-2045-Figure

ย 

I'm always dissappointed they don't make a more true to the first movie like figure. Oh well maybe someday...

• Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

Great idea @Grendel.

ย 

I'm currently thinking about placing a pre-order fot the newest Berserk Statue

ย 

upmbr-15dx_a03.jpg

ย 

Here is the link to more pictures. But I'm not sure yet, as they do take so much room and are expensive ๐Ÿ˜….

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Great idea @Grendel.

ย 

I'm currently thinking about placing a pre-order fot the newest Berserk Statue

ย 

Here is the link to more pictures. But I'm not sure yet, as they do take so much room and are expensive ๐Ÿ˜….

ย 

ย 

Would love it but soooo expensive ๐Ÿ˜ญ though all of them look so beautiful

ย 

• Like 3

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
10 hours ago, Trianna said:

Would love it but soooo expensive ๐Ÿ˜ญ though all of them look so beautiful

ย 

Yes, the Berserk Line is amazing. Prime-1 is doing some great stuff. But it is hard to find a place for them and you also have to store the boxes somewhere. These come in 2 giant boxes each ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Attic is getting crowded ๐Ÿ˜ช.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Walking past my bookcase(s) I happened to stop and notice;

WTF? where is my Berserk vol-4 ?

Sure enough after checking, I see I had not ordered it yet!

Well not only did I remedy that pronto, I saw that Vol-5 came up today as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

(which if memory serves, was why I waited, to order both at once)

So both on order with Amz.ca which shouldn't take too long at all ( and free Prime shipping).

ย 

51SgP+x6egL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgย ย  51hJg4c3IsL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ย 

Also checked on the Vol-1 for Hellsing;

Only one week to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

51Ttpu1yAcL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Grendel said:

Walking past my bookcase(s) I happened to stop and notice;

WTF? where is my Berserk vol-4 ?

Sure enough after checking, I see I had not ordered it yet!

Well not only did I remedy that pronto, I saw that Vol-5 came up today as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

(which if memory serves, was why I waited, to order both at once)

So both on order with Amz.ca which shouldn't take too long at all ( and free Prime shipping).

ย 

51SgP+x6egL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgย ย  51hJg4c3IsL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ย 

Also checked on the Vol-1 for Hellsing;

Only one week to go! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

51Ttpu1yAcL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

ย 

ย 

Ahh yeah beautiful editions. we didn't get them in Germany just some "premium" paperback editions in a bigger format...and well Hellsing should also be bought only in english here since all n.azi related things got censored ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Anyway I finished watching Made in Abyss last night. Can only recommend though the characters look very chibi like in Magica Madoka the scenery art is very beautiful, the story is interesting and gets very, very dark and sad. The series won't be continued but instead sequels will follow as movies. And from what I read in the manga it will be horrifying.

c653ed45c2888ee3e1059b262cbf934e6a35ee5c_hq.gif?w=780&ssl=1tenor.gif

• Like 3

Thanks for the supporting thoughts @Triannaย  regarding the books.ย  ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

I too quite loved Made In Abyss and purchased the Premium ed from RightStuf last year during one of their sales.

I already had the amaray ed ( also bought one for my girls, though I don't think my daughter has let my G-D watch it yet, need to ask) so after watching, definitely wanted the CE.

The OST by Kevin Penquin is jaw-dropping gorgeous as well!

I've heard of the films planned for follow-up.

As much as I'd love an S-2, film budgets usually are larger than that assigned to a series, so I am indeed anxious to view them!

If you hear of Blu-ray release before I do (hey, it's possible...๐Ÿ˜‰) let us know my friend!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Good Evening My Friends;ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

I've started to take a keener interest in the artwork of some shows, to the point I'm starting to track down associated art books.
I've discovered I am certainly developing a preferred taste for some art styles, as they just illicit the right emotions when I see them and when they also pay significant compliment to the story-line as well, then that's a winner.
I have a few already (will post later) but I have the following in mind;

I love the Vamp D artist Yoshitaka Amano, who illustrates the novels.
The artist for the manga Saiko Takaki is excellent as well, I just have a preference.
So, I've just ordered this;

ย 

image.jpeg.139a8c1727bcae0129140aecc5889bdf.jpeg

ย 

The price is pretty good at Amz.com, (3rd party sellers), less than $40Usd avg.
I also have strong interest in the SBY 2199 artbooks, principally the technical drawings, which are a tad pricey for some but are also rather large, so no doubt worth it.

ย 

I'm also a big fan of the horror artistry of Junji Ito.

I ordered this as well;

ย 

The Art of Junji Ito: Twisted Visions Hardcover (Amz.ca: $37Cdn)

ย 

image.jpeg.2eb8bf3041d112fb040386c6ab331e00.jpeg

ย 

I have a few at home already I may post pics of a bit later.

ย I'd be keen to hear some recommendations from you very knowledgeable folk regarding some faves.

Please post pics (and if possible) links my friends.๐Ÿ™‚
Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

I love artbooks though I own more from games than from mangas or animesย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

But I do have those two:

Sui Ishida's Tokyo Ghoul ZAKKI:re got it also from azon.de for around 25โ‚ฌ though it's the french versionย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย the german version won't be released til November and will nearly cost double sooo baguette language it is

20200711_105959.thumb.jpg.a158ac9cf0c17c60c0bc03d59433ba22.jpg

20200711_110014.thumb.jpg.9bdcd77f80f674422e2a88d0fc044689.jpg

Love his style and use of color

ย 

And technically not an artbook but production notes for the anime to keep the consistency but nevertheless very insightfulย Neon Genesis Evangelion TV Animation Production Art Collectionย for around 35โ‚ฌ.ย 

20200711_155805.thumb.jpg.b26f8187960eb970f21d433b97ef2a98.jpg20200711_155824.thumb.jpg.099baf5cd945a464b608f02d9331914d.jpg

ย 

• Like 3

Hi @Triannaย  (and other Friends)ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ ;

Thanks much for contributing pics and thoughts, of some very lovely art books indeed.

I've never delved much into Tokyo Ghoul.

I know it has a large fan base and is well reputed for (principally) having a strong story-line and well developed characters.

Most complaints I've heard, is simply how some plot points get dragged out and begin to wander ( aka 'filler' arcs).

I may give it another go, we'll see. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

NG Evangelion has I think, as many dedicated books (art or otherwise) as many other titles combined.

Considering it's longevity and popularity, it's easy to determine why.

I've got a couple on a short list and may pick them up soon.

I suspect it would be wise to do so prior to the new Blu-ray release for the series...heh.

I'll no doubt approach you folk for thoughts on my short list before purchase. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Tomorrow, I'll post a couple pics of other art books I already have.

Should any of you have some you'd wish to bring to our attention and brag about, I'd me most happy to view them and hear your thoughts.

Cheers!

ย 

edit: and speaking of books, only a week until Hellsing Vol-1 is out ๐Ÿคฉ

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Spoiler
On 7/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;ย  ๐Ÿ™‚
Just wanted to take a moment and toss up a pic of my new arrivals;

Berserk:
Vols 4 & 5

image.thumb.jpeg.53fb5ee6648848a4824c225dcf5b9bb2.jpeg

ย 

They arrived boxed, from Amz.ca today (minty). ๐Ÿฅฐ

ย 

ย 

๐ŸฅคNice my friend @Grendel, I do not know anything aboutย BERSERKย but those look real sweet, congratsโฃ๏ธ

ย 

happy for you congratulations GIF

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

@Trianna @Grendel so busy currently that I have not so much time to to get back to all the interesting posts, sorry.

I also have some Artbooks (Card Captor Sakura, Neon Genesis, Berserk and a few others).

ย 

I got the following The Art of Ghibli Books to my Birthday last week (now I almost have the complete Set ๐Ÿ˜…). I only wish I had bought them from the beginning, some are not first prints ๐Ÿ˜ช

ย 

Ghibli Artbooks.JPG

• Like 2

I may have posted this pic in another thread last year, I honestly can't recall.

So, I wanted to mention this set of Manga that I've recently finished and that I can confidently recommend.

I've been an ardent fan of H.P. Lovecraft's writings since, well, forever and I have more than a couple of copies of everything he wrote that's been published.

I discovered last year that there was acclaim for an excellent Manga adaptation, of one of Lovecraft's more famous stories;

"At The Mountains Of Madness"

ย 

It was pretty easy to track down. I bought my copies at RightStuf but pretty sure Amazon had some as well.

The author and artist, Gou Tanabe, I think did an excellent rendition of this classic spooky,

which helped fuel the inspiration for John W. Campbell's story "Who Goes There?".

Which, fans will recognize as the story the exceptional films The Thing and The Thing From Another World were based on.

ย 

In addition, I discovered Tanabe did a previous collection of Lovecraft shorts in Manga, so of course, picked it up as well.

Titled;

"The Hound and Other Stories"

This too was an outstanding read.

ย 

Pictured below, are the three Manga, overshadowed by one of my HC eds of Lovecraft's collected works;

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.fc9d093034cae56f4e4a6c2a788613de.jpeg

ย 

Should you have any interest in the subject materials, I would highly recommend them.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

edit: I'm of course aware that Lovecraft himself, was a total misanthrope that had less than honourable predilections for others.

It's simply a case of separating the art from the artist (as I find I need to do with a number of them lately...).

ย 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening Friends;
I am very pleased to have finally received my order for;

Hellsing: Vol-1
- Dark Horse (HC)
This is assuredly one of my fave anime, as it rings all the bells for me;

- Vampires ? = ๐Ÿ‘

- Monsters ? = ๐Ÿ‘

- Super-powered badass ? = ๐Ÿ‘

- great art ? = ๐Ÿ‘

- great storyline ? = ๐Ÿ‘

- lots of crazy spooky action ? = ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

- a touching feel good love story ? = :huh:ย  not in this universe... ๐Ÿคก

image.thumb.jpeg.fc0015d864cca573f3647ffb598f49ba.jpeg

ย 

- displayed with my Three-set of Hellsing: Ultimate because of course it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

And just because I can, I gotta show off my;

ULTIMATE Hellsing:Ultimate set from WeET once more...๐Ÿฅณ

ย 

image.thumb.jpeg.fcbc082da9de65f1e66ba9e446c8e78c.jpeg

ย 

- to the far left, is my dvd set of the Hellsing: Original series.

- that long black strip in centre, is a film strip from the anime.

- the reflective item top rh side, is the PET slips (still in cellophane) for the two chipboard boxes perched on top the cardboard box.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...