IGNORED

WeET Captain Marvel (WeET Exclusive #005) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Steelbook) [Korea]

ksosk

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, now that I think about it, this didn't come with the MP protective cover. I believe that was supposed to come free with this release. I might need to tag the higher-ups on that one. Not sure if mine just got missed or what. 

Other than that, I would say this has been a successful first group buy for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CryoSteel said:

Although, now that I think about it, this didn't come with the MP protective cover. I believe that was supposed to come free with this release. I might need to tag the higher-ups on that one. Not sure if mine just got missed or what. 

Yeah @CryoSteel I have this with my order ‘One Click + Protective Slip OC + 3 X Protective Slips Single’...

... what is real strange is if you all are receiving yours, I always get either a PayPal notice or I can see through my USPS informed delivery when it’s this close to being delivered,  however nothing as of yet... maybe I’ll bend the Bosses ear on this image.gif.7d62a05cafb660d6baced4e90a270963.gif

1 minute ago, Veum said:

Yeah @CryoSteel I have this with my order ‘One Click + Protective Slip OC + 3 X Protective Slips Single’...

... what is real strange is if you all are receiving yours, I always get either a PayPal notice or I can see through my USPS informed delivery when it’s this close to being delivered,  however nothing as of yet... maybe I’ll bend the Bosses ear on this image.gif.7d62a05cafb660d6baced4e90a270963.gif

Yeah, I tagged Deckard and Icewire in the GB Info & Questions thread. Wasn't quite sure who to tag, or if any others might have this same issue, so I wanted to put it out there. I didn't specifically request any slips like you though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cryginic said:

haha, i'm not too savy sending photos to my email to download to the computer to upload. haven't done before, so i might do it the future once i get some help from family to do it as easy as possible, lol.

@cryginic I use my iPad and if anyone like me can get ‘er done anyone can 😂 

image.gif.0104f8ca0ce30ee22ab8dcd249e8125e.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, CryoSteel said:

Just received mine today as well! Looks great, haven’t opened it yet, but I too am missing the MP Protective cover. 

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Hi guys,

There have been tons of praises for this release and it gladly deserves so 😃

Let me share some details that I know of!

Hopefully, it makes owning this boxset even more special 😁

WeET went through about 3-4 tries before getting the printing for the OC box done right.

This box is considered a rather high standard product!

The diagonal shape of the lids.

This is usually avoided as folding and bending of the printed art over the cardboard box is extremely tricky.

23590150_CaptainMarvel.thumb.jpg.74e6cebf9c8beb1f36d81cf6498de1b7.jpg

Two types of papers used

The main paper used for printing is the smooth artcard commonly found among boxset in retailers like HDZeta and Mantalab. 

It is a fingerprint magnet unfortunately, haha.

However, at the top half, WeET selected another paper with texture to merge together. This paper has been used previously by Kimch and Filmarena.

But, to use both together takes alot of planning and effort, and getting it right isn't easy.

For those collectors who are slightly more picky, hope you can bear with some slight imperfection with the craftsmanship at the corners and joints.🙏

20200924_012456.thumb.jpg.54b5330c1ec9fe048beef2dfaef60925.jpg20200924_012552.thumb.jpg.cd22af3d93cf03d4295f1fd34bc6082f.jpg

[Even though the blue portion seems to have a texture look, but it is indeed a smooth paper print. The red portion is the part with texture]

Symmetrical design

The box design mimics the costume worn by captain marvel. Unfortunately, it has a perfect symmetrical layout.

WeET did a slight spotgloss on the threads of the box and pasting / aligning takes a huge amount of effort and precisions.

20200924_012403.thumb.jpg.f01ca295015bfad5e3714c4aba1e5e18.jpg20200924_012442.thumb.jpg.3d5259225a25707e5925422c06add069.jpg

The star may end up being a saving grace to allow some buffer for flaws 😃

Special details to slip printing

I love testing out printing styles, so I normally look at retailers' slip to spot for good and unique effects.

WeET squeezed foil effect in between embossing which I feel perfectly captured the feel of the costume plus it makes the shoulder pad 

looks even more protruded. 

Love it 😃

Also,  the foil gloss on the 4K logo on spine against a dark background is superb!

I love this release so much, and hope those who got it cherish too.

Next year is going to be exciting!

HDZeta with their new manufacturer for their slips.

UHD CLUB starting a new 3 transition lenticular technique.

WeET testing and pushing the boundaries for packaging.

Hope Mantalab will continue to have fun and design special boxsets.

Hope Kimchidvd will continue to play with slip effects.

Hope Cinemuseum will continue to use special artwork.

Cheers,

KS

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, ksosk said:

Hi guys,

There have been tons of praises for this release and it gladly deserves so 😃

Let me share some details that I know of!

Hopefully, it makes owning this boxset even more special 😁

WeET went through about 3-4 tries before getting the printing for the OC box done right.

This box is considered a rather high standard product!

The diagonal shape of the lids.

This is usually avoided as folding and bending of the printed art over the cardboard box is extremely tricky.

23590150_CaptainMarvel.thumb.jpg.74e6cebf9c8beb1f36d81cf6498de1b7.jpg

Two types of papers used

The main paper used for printing is the smooth artcard commonly found among boxset in retailers like HDZeta and Mantalab. 

It is a fingerprint magnet unfortunately, haha.

However, at the top half, WeET selected another paper with texture to merge together. This paper has been used previously by Kimch and Filmarena.

But, to use both together takes alot of planning and effort, and getting it right isn't easy.

For those collectors who are slightly more picky, hope you can bear with some slight imperfection with the craftsmanship at the corners and joints.🙏

20200924_012456.thumb.jpg.54b5330c1ec9fe048beef2dfaef60925.jpg20200924_012552.thumb.jpg.cd22af3d93cf03d4295f1fd34bc6082f.jpg

[Even though the blue portion seems to have a texture look, but it is indeed a smooth paper print. The red portion is the part with texture]

Symmetrical design

The box design mimics the costume worn by captain marvel. Unfortunately, it has a perfect symmetrical layout.

WeET did a slight spotgloss on the threads of the box and pasting / aligning takes a huge amount of effort and precisions.

20200924_012403.thumb.jpg.f01ca295015bfad5e3714c4aba1e5e18.jpg20200924_012442.thumb.jpg.3d5259225a25707e5925422c06add069.jpg

The star may end up being a saving grace to allow some buffer for flaws 😃

Special details to slip printing

I love testing out printing styles, so I normally look at retailers' slip to spot for good and unique effects.

WeET squeezed foil effect in between embossing which I feel perfectly captured the feel of the costume plus it makes the shoulder pad 

looks even more protruded. 

Love it 😃

Also,  the foil gloss on the 4K logo on spine against a dark background is superb!

I love this release so much, and hope those who got it cherish too.

Next year is going to be exciting!

HDZeta with their new manufacturer for their slips.

UHD CLUB starting a new 3 transition lenticular technique.

WeET testing and pushing the boundaries for packaging.

Hope Mantalab will continue to have fun and design special boxsets.

Hope Kimchidvd will continue to play with slip effects.

Hope Cinemuseum will continue to use special artwork.

Cheers,

KS

Its is an amazing boxset, it dethroned the terminator 2 maniacs box as my favorite boxset. WeETs use of the holofoil is some of the best I've seen. One instance you didn't point out but I really like is the holofoil around her hands on the fullslip that makes the "fire" glow and move

Also, the gold holofoil star is very eye catching

Edited by Intentcoin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

around her hands on the fullslip that makes the "fire" glow and move

Yes. That too!!

16 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

gold holofoil star is very eye catching

OMG... the star... 

It keeps reflecting light from the shelf I placed it on and makes me glance over non-stop haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thought i’d share a few pics of my full slip! Absolutely perfect! Thank you WeET and Media Psychos. It’s a tough decision, but i’d honestly say they are currently my favorite retailer! Everything is always such high quality😁 Lol I’m starting to regret not having went for the One-Click!! Sorry I didn’t take pics of the art cards. For some reason I always have the hardest time closing the envelope😄

4A91551F-F82B-4F4E-AFE2-697BE1E12F41.jpeg

6D0FC97C-F4D2-4B72-BE95-9EF366DC1D44.jpeg

6278E0AB-4E9D-43FA-B009-A7F001BC2B23.jpeg

9BC9C13A-8309-43AE-B087-FB10F14168F5.jpeg

9FCD9939-64FD-4258-84D5-364F7848F028.jpeg

F23F8562-A357-4F88-8CF1-E3DAA6B6FE2E.jpeg

AEAFEDA0-4AA6-4F0D-9FA6-3568371D99CB.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2