IGNORED

Midsommar (Blu-ray Steelbook ) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty confident in saying, @mjk that steep prices for some items in Japan is not the least unusual.

As I'm sure some of my Anime loving friends here will attest, some prices can get outrageous and though they can boast superlative quality for the items so priced, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

It's not just Amazon.jp either.

CDJapan, YesAsia, PlayAsia, DDDHouse etc, you will normally always see a "made in Japan" item costing more.

Are they worth it?

Only if their offering is the only edition/copy available, in my estimation.

If I can source seek a cheaper version elsewhere, I'll usually try.  🙂

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'm pretty confident in saying, @mjk that steep prices for some items in Japan is not the least unusual.

As I'm sure some of my Anime loving friends here will attest, some prices can get outrageous and though they can boast superlative quality for the items so priced, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

It's not just Amazon.jp either.

CDJapan, YesAsia, PlayAsia, DDDHouse etc, you will normally always see a "made in Japan" item costing more.

Are they worth it?

Only if their offering is the only edition/copy available, in my estimation.

If I can source seek a cheaper version elsewhere, I'll usually try.  🙂

I have actually ordered stuff from Amazon jp and yes their prices are generally higher. But not everything is super expensive though. 

I agree they do have a lot of beautiful editions especially Anime stuff 😍 

I have watched a lot of vlogs of people shopping there, from what I have seen people get crazy deals over there. Especially collector editions games and consoles. Would love to visit Japan and fill a few bags with games and movies😅

• Like 2

Oh, indeed my friend @mjk, I'd dearly love to do a shopping trip to Japan.

I don't know if my bank account could suffer and survive the damage though...🤒

I do wish they provided subs more frequently for those shows native to Japan though.

Mind, often it's easy enough to track down at least an English friendly version of a show elsewhere but then, you are not getting the incredible PQ/AQ experience meant for purchasing the dang thing in the first place heh hehe.

Ah well, as you said, at least for the most part they look gorgeous! 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Guiltybyproxy:

I got this and it does not disappoint. The only weird thing is it seems to be a little shorter than regular steelbooks (like 1-2 cm). Other than that it's great and beautiful. 

That's wierd. I didn't notice that. I keep it in the Slip cover anyway because I think it's a bit nicer than the steelbook itself.

• Like 1