R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/29/2020 at 1:15 AM, Grendel said:

I'll just toss this out there for thought as well @Russt;

First, the translate button on Amz.jp  is located where you see the Japanese flag at top ( just to the right of the search block)

Hit the scroll button beside the flag and choose "English".

Take note, as @Veum mentioned, not everything on their pages gets translated, so;

a- use Google translate while searching,

b- have a very good idea in advance, specifically what edition you want, as sometimes there are similar looking items that have slight differences between eds, and

c- this is the Japanese for "English";  "英語"   so if you see that in the stats listing for the title, you know it has either a sub, dub or original OST in English.

Last, whenever I purchase a  pricey edition from Amz.jp, I usually toss in one or two magazines with the order.

The reason?

Amz.jp will place the mags and your Blu(s) on a piece of cardboard, then shrink-wrap them together before placing the order in a box.

This practice is referred to by users as "planking".

It's to date, the best way of assuring your purchases will get the TLC treatment, vice tossed in a bubble mailer.

Now, some may say; "well, they planked my order anyway and I didn't need to buy any silly magazine!"

Sure, if ya like gambling you can always take the chance.

However since most of my orders with Amz.jp usually cost a couple hundred $, I for one won't chance it, heh.

What mags, are of course totally your call.

I like anime, so "New Type", "Shonen Jump" and a few others fill my bill.

But any cheap mags will do.

Bizarre, I know;

- $200 Blu-ray? toss it in a jiffy mailer

- $10 mag? Oh baby! gotta protect that sweet treasure! Plank It!

Go figure...🤪

That is a great idea, many thanks!

Is it possible to set an option - such as "send all items together"?.

Otherwise I would get the magazines now and the steel without this "planking" in September (preorder)... 😅

@Russt

Have you already tried to order from UK?

The order from Germany is not possible - the magazines are okay, but the steel "can't be shipped to the selected address" (Amazon-info)...

• Like 1

^^ @Cornbuster;

Regarding your query, once shipping becomes more closer to the norm, I recall their being an option on their check out page, requesting all items be held and shipped together.

If you study how it works with a more (to you) cognitive Amazon site ( say, Amz.de) then you could apply the same method on the Amz.jp site, despite language barriers.

Best of luck buddy.  🙂

• Thanks 1

Le 05/07/2020 à 11:25, Cornbuster a dit :

That is a great idea, many thanks!

Is it possible to set an option - such as "send all items together"?.

Otherwise I would get the magazines now and the steel without this "planking" in September (preorder)... 😅

@Russt

Have you already tried to order from UK?

The order from Germany is not possible - the magazines are okay, but the steel "can't be shipped to the selected address" (Amazon-info)...

Do you want buy this edition? 

I've someone in Japan if you wanna ^^

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

@R1s1ngs0n, Do we have a general idea how much this would cost someone from the USA to acquire this product thru u in this Groupbuy???

Just to be clear, this here is not a GB, only a release thread that includes information about this product. 
MP doesn’t host any GB for Amazon titles but you can try sending a PM to someone you know on this forum that lives in a country where this item can ship.

• 3 weeks later...