Jump to content
R1s1ngs0n

AMAZON Midsommar (Blu-ray Steelbook ) (Amazon Exclusive) [Japan]

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Nice.

I wish I liked the film more than I do but I don't.

It has elements in it I find quite frustrating not the least of which, is the rationale for the ending.


I was thinking about buying this because I wanted to hear the director’s commentary. Sometimes getting more insight into the creators point of view makes for a more richer experience, as it stands on its own I didn’t like it very much either.
 

I was hoping to like it more, but it was just okay. This is the second movie by this director that I didn’t really like. His first movie didn’t do it for me either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Wrong link, buddy 😂 But you're going to be disappointed anyway because for now it seems they don't ship outside Japan.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, Hollywood E Rock said:


I was thinking about buying this because I wanted to hear the director’s commentary. Sometimes getting more insight into the creators point of view makes for a more richer experience, as it stands on its own I didn’t like it very much either.
 

I was hoping to like it more, but it was just okay. This is the second movie by this director that I didn’t really like. His first movie didn’t do it for me either.

Haven't seen Hereditary but I hear good things about it. 

But this movie I saw alone in the theater, and all I recall from that experience is  Huh GIFs | Tenor  I guess I should've made some research on the background or something? seriously what was this movie about

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

7 hours ago, Veum said:

 

@Masada, what is Midsommar about?🤔

 

A girl loses her parents and sister in a terrible way, joins her boyfriend and his friends on a trip to rural Sweden, only to fall in the clutches of a cult.

It's unique because it's a horror movie, filmed almost entirely in bright sunlight. It's pretty unsettling.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, mjk said:

Haven't seen Hereditary but I hear good things about it. 

But this movie I saw alone in the theater, and all I recall from that experience is  Huh GIFs | Tenor  I guess I should've made some research on the background or something? seriously what was this movie about


Hereditary is worse to me. It has it moments, but overall I was left saying  

 

real housewives GIF by RealityTVGIFs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I REALLY want this, but I can’t find the button to translate Japanese amazon to English?

Yes, its stupidly overpriced and the steelbook really isn’t that special - but the outer case is stunning. And I’ve bought the other two blu Ray box sets and the Korean one due next month.

Midsommar is one of my favourite films in years. I love that it divides people.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Russt said:

I REALLY want this, but I can’t find the button to translate Japanese amazon to English?

Yes, its stupidly overpriced and the steelbook really isn’t that special - but the outer case is stunning. And I’ve bought the other two blu Ray box sets and the Korean one due next month.

Midsommar is one of my favourite films in years. I love that it divides people.

 

 

🥤Hi @Russt,

 

If you are familiar with the Amazon site (such as your amazon.co.uk) it is quite easy to navigate the AMZ.co.jp’s site also and if your PC/iPad has translations (they are located at the bottom of the page & you just click English (remember a lot of the page will still have Japanese language there... I hope this helps you some!😉

 

BTW, I love that cover also but this steel is too darn expensive for my blood hehe 🤑

 

Veum 🤠

 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just toss this out there for thought as well @Russt;

First, the translate button on Amz.jp  is located where you see the Japanese flag at top ( just to the right of the search block)

Hit the scroll button beside the flag and choose "English".

Take note, as @Veum mentioned, not everything on their pages gets translated, so;

a- use Google translate while searching,

b- have a very good idea in advance, specifically what edition you want, as sometimes there are similar looking items that have slight differences between eds, and

c- this is the Japanese for "English";  "英語"   so if you see that in the stats listing for the title, you know it has either a sub, dub or original OST in English.

 

Last, whenever I purchase a  pricey edition from Amz.jp, I usually toss in one or two magazines with the order.

The reason?

Amz.jp will place the mags and your Blu(s) on a piece of cardboard, then shrink-wrap them together before placing the order in a box.

This practice is referred to by users as "planking".

It's to date, the best way of assuring your purchases will get the TLC treatment, vice tossed in a bubble mailer.

Now, some may say; "well, they planked my order anyway and I didn't need to buy any silly magazine!"

Sure, if ya like gambling you can always take the chance.

However since most of my orders with Amz.jp usually cost a couple hundred $, I for one won't chance it, heh.

 

What mags, are of course totally your call.

I like anime, so "New Type", "Shonen Jump" and a few others fill my bill.

But any cheap mags will do.

Bizarre, I know;

- $200 Blu-ray? toss it in a jiffy mailer

- $10 mag? Oh baby! gotta protect that sweet treasure! Plank It!

Go figure...🤪

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'll just toss this out there for thought as well @Russt;

First, the translate button on Amz.jp  is located where you see the Japanese flag at top ( just to the right of the search block)

Hit the scroll button beside the flag and choose "English".

Take note, as @Veum mentioned, not everything on their pages gets translated, so;

a- use Google translate while searching,

b- have a very good idea in advance, specifically what edition you want, as sometimes there are similar looking items that have slight differences between eds, and

c- this is the Japanese for "English";  "英語"   so if you see that in the stats listing for the title, you know it has either a sub, dub or original OST in English.

 

Last, whenever I purchase a  pricey edition from Amz.jp, I usually toss in one or two magazines with the order.

The reason?

Amz.jp will place the mags and your Blu(s) on a piece of cardboard, then shrink-wrap them together before placing the order in a box.

This practice is referred to by users as "planking".

It's to date, the best way of assuring your purchases will get the TLC treatment, vice tossed in a bubble mailer.

Now, some may say; "well, they planked my order anyway and I didn't need to buy any silly magazine!"

Sure, if ya like gambling you can always take the chance.

However since most of my orders with Amz.jp usually cost a couple hundred $, I for one won't chance it, heh.

 

What mags, are of course totally your call.

I like anime, so "New Type", "Shonen Jump" and a few others fill my bill.

But any cheap mags will do.

Bizarre, I know;

- $200 Blu-ray? toss it in a jiffy mailer

- $10 mag? Oh baby! gotta protect that sweet treasure! Plank It!

Go figure...🤪

 

 

Learn something NEW every day here  BLOODY LOVE IT .

 

Amazon JP are fantastic expensive but well worth it MEGA BLING WORTH THE EFFORT AND TIP TOP @Russt

 

Songland Songwriting GIF by NBC

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Russt

Heh, just happened to be still here.

 

You will probably need to set up an individual account for Amz.jp.

Basically, just a new password as your log in name will be the same.

But the account does not link to the other country Amazon sites.

  🙂

 

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy