IGNORED

Event Horizon (Blu-ray) (Shout Factory) [USA]

Grendel

Hey @Grendel

When I’m on Shout Factories website I’ve noticed that some movies are advertised w/slipcovers & others are not. For example their release of The Blob came with a slipcover but on the website the movie wasn’t shown with having one. I ended up purchasing my copy from an eBay seller because I was guaranteed their copy came with a slip. When it comes to ordering from them directly how do you know if your copy is coming with a slipcover?

• Like 2

Good Morning my friend @Hollywood E Rock 🙂

I'm afraid there's no easy answer to that one my friend.

And I've yet to see a deciding statement come from Shout in this regard either.

Shout ( and a few other companies) have reps that occasionally hang-out at blu-ray.com.

They've been asked this and all they've said is they try to ensure all the 1st print runs for select titles do get a slip and if you order direct, your chances are better.

What they don't say, is what constitutes "select titles".

As to why they show some releases with slips and some without on their web-site? not a clue....

Sorry buddy. 😟

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Shout ( and a few other companies) have reps that occasionally hang-out at blu-ray.com.

They've been asked this and all they've said is they try to ensure all the 1st print runs for select titles do get a slip and if you order direct, your chances are better.

As to why they show some releases with slips and some without on their web-site? not a clue....

Sorry buddy. 😟

@Grendel

Thank you my friend it’s nice to know I’m not the only one puzzled by this particular situation. It would be nice if they where clearer about the situation just like how they are about their limited poster that come with their releases. They always let you know that their limited & you better hurry & pre-order if you expect your copy to come w/one. Wish they did that for their slipcovers also.

• Like 2

Oh, wanted to mention @Hollywood E Rock, I'm quite pleased to hear you grabbed a copy of the Chuck Russell '88 SFX extravaganzzzzzza!

The Blob   🥰

Another very cool flik that does proper homage to its original. 🤗

I keep forgetting to order some cheap dip movie with a pink case so I can xfr The Blob into it.

- now on top of my 'To Get' list...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh, wanted to mention @Hollywood E Rock, I'm quite pleased to hear you grabbed a copy of the Chuck Russell '88 SFX extravaganzzzzzza!

The Blob   🥰

Another very cool flik that does proper homage to its original. 🤗

I keep forgetting to order some cheap dip movie with a pink case so I can xfr The Blob into it.

- now on top of my 'To Get' list...

Oh yeah I couldn’t miss out, before then I only own the movie on dvd. Been wanting to upgrade for some time now. When I saw it on Shout Factory’s website I was very excited, but confused because like I said I didn’t know if it would come w/a slip. I also have the Criterion version of the original, I’m talking about money well spent 😁. Getting a pink case would be a nice touch. I think I’m going to have to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Hey @Grendel

When I’m on Shout Factories website I’ve noticed that some movies are advertised w/slipcovers & others are not. For example their release of The Blob came with a slipcover but on the website the movie wasn’t shown with having one. I ended up purchasing my copy from an eBay seller because I was guaranteed their copy came with a slip. When it comes to ordering from them directly how do you know if your copy is coming with a slipcover?

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

Sorry buddy. 😟

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Grendel

Thank you my friend it’s nice to know I’m not the only one puzzled by this particular situation. It would be nice if they where clearer about the situation just like how they are about their limited poster that come with their releases. They always let you know that their limited & you better hurry & pre-order if you expect your copy to come w/one. Wish they did that for their slipcovers also.

🥤morning here fellows,

@Grendel / @Hollywood E Rock / @RAK

I received an email from Shout! Factory just on this topic fellows the other day, here it is :

Slipcovers are only guaranteed for the first three months after street date.”😇

happy big lebowski GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Event Horizon (Blu-ray) (Shout Factory) [USA]