IGNORED

Preserve our cherished cartoons & POSTERS for (Hollywood E Rock)hehe! 😂​​​​​​​

Veum

Now this has to take the cake w/the PC crowd trying to recreate our cherished cartoons plzzz!🤣

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

Elmer Fudd won't be using any guns in the new Looney Tunes cartoons, according to the producers. Instead he'll be rocking a scythe. Yes... a SCYTHE. 

Elmer Fudd given the PC ho!

'Looney Tunes' reboot ditches guns for Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam

200.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

What difference does it make if the cartoons are still going to be violent? Taking the guns away doesn’t make it more kid friendly or acceptable behavior when you have characters trying to kill one another. The cartoon probably will still be enjoyable but 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

The classic Looney Tunes and Tex Avery cartoons are mini-masterpieces that should not be touched in any way!

Sometimes that PC bullshit really gets on my nerves 😡
What’s next? They’re going to re-dub the early Bond movies because they contain some offensive dialogue? 

It’s a f*ckin’ joke!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The classic Looney Tunes and Tex Avery cartoons are mini-masterpieces that should not be touched in any way!

Sometimes that PC bullshit really gets on my nerves 😡
What’s next? They’re going to re-dub the early Bond movies because they contain some offensive dialogue? 

It’s a f*ckin’ joke!

Yeah, that’s why I have the Looney Tunes/Tex Avery on blu, before they try to take them away!😉

image.jpeg.1945cf225dc9ee2075ed90eadd0e8a34.jpeg    image.jpeg.4d8b232a37d3aa72676475cd4d93555f.jpeg      image.jpeg.c359ca208cd123da790817ea13dbdb76.jpeg   image.jpeg.c7ff3ffbadb39fb9753cf9ab9aed2438.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

What difference does it make if the cartoons are still going to be violent? Taking the guns away doesn’t make it more kid friendly or acceptable behavior when you have characters trying to kill one another. The cartoon probably will still be enjoyable but 

giphy.gif

I was afraid it actually affected the old classic cartoons.

Couldn’t care less about these new series, as long as they don’t mess with the classics I’m fine.

But frankly it becomes ridiculous.

• Like 2

Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

I was afraid it actually affected the old classic cartoons.

Couldn’t care less about these new series, as long as they don’t mess with the classics I’m fine.

But frankly it becomes ridiculous.

You have to get physical copies b/c the PC crowd is starting w/their continued dumbing-down of the peeps & trying to get rid of anything classic (b/c in their minds we are all wrong, but they are always right huh) fer sure!😉

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

Yeah, that’s why I have the Looney Tunes/Tex Avery on blu, before they try to take them away!😉

Oddly enough, only France released a comprehensive collection of Tex Avery's shorts. There were 3 versions (all OOP and worth quite a lot now on the secondary market)

Regular Boxset

51N0MpyX4aL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Limited Edition Blue Metalpack 

41ABu3kJJ+L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Limited Edition Bordeaux Metalpack (the version I own)

81b1jgRa-mL._AC_SY445_.jpg

• Like 2

It was the same, for the Americans at least, with certain animes which are really not all kid-friendly but since it is drawn = yeah kids-show. 4Kids is notoriously known for doing this just a few examples:

latest?cb=20081125173137&path-prefix=demzt31x7wirk21.png

In Germany we had also a few examples were the licensing company bought the censored versions of animes and nobody was allowed to say "die" or "kill". Instead people would go "missing". I don't think it has to do with the more PC culture which admittedly has gotten worse, but it has been like that for a few years already. The examples above are at least 15 years old.

They just want to do the same thing Disney does: include all age groups which sometimes just doesn't work. And parents should just take the time to explain to kids what's going on in shows instead of trying to shelter them from everything.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Trianna said:

And why would a scythe be in any way better than a rifle? Wouldn't that be a more gruesome death? slicing off limbs? on top of giving him a reaper kind of look which clearly makes it better than giving him a rifle /sarcasm

A chainsaw would have been tops 😂

• Haha 3

I think it's not enough. They should post a notice before the cartoon where children are warned three times that rabbits don't usually speak.

It's very urgent.

What would happen if any child thinks they do speak, and tries to speak to one? The rabbit will not respond, this child will be traumatized forever. And then the producer will have a big trouble with the ACWTTR (Association of Children Who Tried to Talk to a Rabbit). A big disaster.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Casiusco said:

I think it's not enough. They should post a notice before the cartoon where children are warned three times that rabbits don't usually speak.

It's very urgent.

What would happen if any child thinks they do speak, and tries to speak to one? The rabbit will not respond, this child will be traumatized forever. And then the producer will have a big trouble with the ACWTTR (Association of Children Who Tried to Talk to a Rabbit). A big disaster.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trianna said:

And why would a scythe be in any way better than a rifle? Wouldn't that be a more gruesome death? slicing off limbs? on top of giving him a reaper kind of look which clearly makes it better than giving him a rifle /sarcasm

If they wanted to make it even more kid-friendly, they should've had Elmer Fudd dressed as Death. The entire short will consist of him and Bugs Bunny engaging in philosophically-laden discussions over a game of chess about life and death.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

If they wanted to make it even more kid-friendly, they should've had Elmer Fudd dressed as Death. The entire short will consist of him and Bugs Bunny engaging in philosophically-laden discussions over a game of chess about life and death.

They just need to let your children watch what we did/do of Looney Tunes, 3 Stooges, etc, hey!😇

Leave Us Alone GIF by HARLEY QUINN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

🥤for those of you who collect/have room for Posters here is a few beauties (unfortunately our walls are full 😢) to order Each poster is set to release Thursday, June 18th at 11am Central on The Drop!😊

New BATMAN: TAS and SUPERMAN: TAS from Phantom City Creative

image.thumb.jpeg.53267cf262479cbbf4d4e40d3ec15aca.jpeg  

image.thumb.jpeg.c9dcc3d2c759ab203846326b58a6360e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86cfe331a4b02f889ca19b4e7bfdba44.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.6feb60ffb475ee9350672fafa968ab9e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.23b67624a911ffa22155c832eab25ab1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6e7681115777a649755e9b7464f3f2f1.jpeg

• Like 1

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤for those of you who collect/have room for Posters here is a few beauties (unfortunately our walls are full 😢) to order Each poster is set to release Thursday, June 18th at 11am Central on The Drop!😊

New BATMAN: TAS and SUPERMAN: TAS from Phantom City Creative

image.thumb.jpeg.53267cf262479cbbf4d4e40d3ec15aca.jpeg  

image.thumb.jpeg.c9dcc3d2c759ab203846326b58a6360e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86cfe331a4b02f889ca19b4e7bfdba44.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.6feb60ffb475ee9350672fafa968ab9e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.23b67624a911ffa22155c832eab25ab1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6e7681115777a649755e9b7464f3f2f1.jpeg

@Veum

Why did you post this here? It doesn’t have much to do with your original topic. You tricked me I thought you was posting about something else being censored.

laugh laughing GIF

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...