IGNORED

I wanna be one of the greats

Hi,

I've been lurking on this forum for well over five years, so I figured it was time to finally sign up! I've always had an interest in steelbooks, but have never had a lot of money to purchase them, so I've become very envious looking at all of your collections! The first ones I purchased were 'Up' and 'Robin Hood' from the Zavvi in 2014, though I only have a modest collection of around 25 steelbooks currently.

I've been sucked back into the world of steelbooks as I've been getting into film a lot more recently. I had a mostly movie-free childhood, and I was in a long term relationship where anything resembling a plot was off limits! People are always shocked at the amount of 'classic' movies I haven't seen, but I'm sure people would love to be able to experience the films I haven't seen for the first time again. My tastes are probably a bit mainstream. My favourite film is 'Whiplash' and I'd love to get my hands on either the Filmarena or Kimchidvd special editions. 

I look forward to contributing to the forum. While I'm here......I recently purchased two steelbooks from Best Buy - 'Arrival' and 'Cinderella' (animated). The digital codes don't work in the UK, so if any members from the USA would like them then please reply to this message. I can't guarantee they won't have expired but it's worth a try! I'll give one each to two members. 🙂

• Like 2

Welcome @ExitsCovered!

bom dia hello GIF

I also still have to catch up with a lot of classics but I'm getting there. Also don't worry about your taste being "mainstream" enjoy what you like! 😁 if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Also very kind of you to offer your digital codes ☺️ maybe you can post your offer here

so more people will see it

• Like 2

@ExitsCovered

First of all, welcome to the asylum. Better late than never, as they say 😁

I think you will quickly find that you are far from being alone in having to catch up with the ‘classics’ as we all have different tastes and preferences.

Whiplash being your favorite film is certainly a testament to your good taste as it is without question one of the finest movies of the last decade. I own the wonderful Kimchi white Fullslip which is one of the Crown Jewels of my modest collection.

We look forward to seeing you partake in the different chat rooms and should you have any question or inquiry, don’t hesitate to tag a staff member or Guardian - rest assured that we will help as best we can 😊

cheers

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 2

Howdy @ExitsCoveredI’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊

The Simpsons Hello GIF

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

Yeah, I hear you, I’m a collector too that started w/Best Buy/Target exclusives that really got me into the Premium editions (I started way back though  & gradually upgraded from VHS to DVD to BD to 4K oh my 🤣). then I was fortunate to find out about this terrific forum MP from another forum I followed & MP took over my #1 place since March ‘19 hey 👋 

collector GIF

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP as I enjoy communicating with all the peeps and I’m the Ol’ American guy lol!😄

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

regards your new friend Veum 🤠

Edited by Veum