Spartacus (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive) [UK]

romain

Release Date: August 3, 2020

Price: £42,99

Purchase Link: EverythingBlu

Pre order: June 8, 2020 8PM UK time 

store-banner_01c0a45d-a194-4d41-afd6-0b2

Limited & Numbered to Only 500 Units worldwide

BluPick Series 006 brings you Stanley Kubrick's classic, Spartacus. This release features a high quality slipcase to the same standards as our more expensive BluPack editions. We have used the same materials and printing techniques to achieve a true premium finish. We have also packed more items into this BluPick Series release than ever before.

• Premium Slipcase with Multi-Level Embossing and Metallic Details
  • 60th Anniversary Limited Edition 4K + Blu-ray SteelBook 
  • Exclusive Plastic Numbering Card (1 - 500)*
  • Classic Spartacus A4 Poster 
  • Collectors Folder
  • 7 x Exclusive Art Cards
  • Red Envelope with Gold Foiling
  • Exclusive 28pp Booklet

*The numbering card that you receive will be sent at random

Disc 1 4K
English SDH, Cantonese, Complex Mandarin, Czech, Danish, Dutch,
Finnish, French, Hindi, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Simplified
Mandarin, Swedish, Thai

Disc 2 BD
English SDH, Arabic, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German,
Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

I received the email from EB announcing this release about 2 hours ago. Thanks very much for creating a Thread @romain 🥰

It's more than coincidence I'm sure that this gets released so close to the new stand-alone Steel of course but I'd rather a nice slip to house the new Steel anyway.

As the release by HDZ will no doubt be wonderful, it will be interesting to see what similarities the two releases exhibit.

I'll undoubtedly grab both, regardless...🙂

The new Steel looks like they've taken the silhouette art from the Criterion package and enhanced it with a lifelike colourized depiction ( of the raised arm), a nice touch as well.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

il y a 6 minutes, Grendel a dit :

I received the email from EB announcing this release about 2 hours ago. Thanks very much for creating a Thread @romain 🥰

It's more than coincidence I'm sure that this gets released so close to the new stand-alone Steel of course but I'd rather a nice slip to house the new Steel anyway.

As the release by HDZ will no doubt be wonderful, it will be interesting to see what similarities the two releases exhibit.

I'll undoubtedly grab both, regardless...🙂

you're welcome @Grendel, it's also thanks to the mail that I was informed of the release

and having seen nothing on the subject I said to myself that I'd take the plunge and create your first article on MP to inform members who have not received the mail

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:48 PM, Grendel said:

Their info on the slipcover for this sounds breathtaking.

" Premium Slipcase with Multi-Level Embossing and Metallic Details"

I think that poster will be a lovely addition as well. 🙂

I almost binned the Gladiator poster under all the styrofoam Whatsits 

image.jpeg.66b6f636d356416f4a778724032d5abc.jpeg

pleased to say I was not the only Psycho to almost do this 

frustrated homer simpson GIF

looking like a class set . 

• Haha 2

I also have the digibook sets which I quite like. I don't have any other TV series packaged that way.

I'm glad I got in an order for this EverythingBlu set! Each release has been a knockout and I expect the same from this one. 

BTW I messaged them recently to ask if they would be doing Jaws, and they said it's not on their schedule. So I'm curious what's coming after this!

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Grendel said:

I'm sure there must be a few folk that quite enjoyed the TV series from 2010-2013?

I've had the digibook set since their release but before I do a web walkabout, curious what other folk picked up for a spec ed of the series?  🙂

Enjoyed.....

i love it GIF by Team Coco

To be honest the real Spartacus for me is

pwYMp3oy4A0eY.gif

Andy Whitfield. The Series is awesome, I'm currently doing a 10th Anniversary presentation run. I think it is a modern Masterpiece.

giphy.gif

I'm still sad that they only released the first two seasons as Steelbook here in Germany. I have the first release US Digibooks and the 2 SBs.

• Like 5

This shows again that, in addition to the latest blockbusters, there is a very interesting market -and with a lot of potential for development- around films that were successful in recent decades, and, above all, with great classics with prestige among fans. 

In particular, everything that is collecting on Kubrick usually sells very well.

From a business point of view, this should lead to more collector editions of his films. So far it has all been sold out pretty quickly. 

• WCL's "2001, A Space Odyssey" (a tragedy for all of us who did not know MP then...)
  • Black Baron's "The Shining" 
  • CM's "The Shining"
  • CM's "Full Metal Jacket"

All sold out fast and easy.

We'll see how the HDZeta Spartacus edition works. Or the "2001, A Space Odyssey" CM's edition.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 7