The Ninth Gate (Initial Press Limited Edition) (ARA Media) [Korea]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @Mr.Transfer ;

I'm still awaiting arrival of my copy but I'll be sure to post comments on the PQ/AQ when it does arrive and I've spooled it up.

Considering the new inclusion of some Asian dialect tracks for subs and I believe a new DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 track, we may luck in to a new xfr.

I'm not holding my breath but if they scored a master direct from Universal, we may be lucking in...🙂

p.s. welcome to Media Psychos! 😀

Thanks, I appreciate it. Man it's really taking a long time for these to make their travel. I own so much promo material, cards, stickers, movie theater mylar and a prop book. Also, the DVD and the soundtrack on vinyl. So I'm not really keen on throwing down for this if the transfer is not improved. The packaging and bonuses are quite nice but not particularly valuable to me.

Edited by Mr.Transfer
  • Like 1

mine turned up last week it is lovely but i haven't got the heart to open it yet so cant comment on the transfer for you @Mr.Transfer

you need to find someone that has opened its is a true thing of beauty from the outside looking in and that is why i can't open it yet its brewing for me, could be a while though these things need time in my case.

maybe @Mad-martigan has opened his idk or @Scary Hair has opened hers again idk

but it is so nice even under the cellophane

salivating homer simpson GIF

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I bought the Fargas copy from swakprops on Etsy like 3-4 years ago, I'm not sure why I chose the Fargas though. It is very well made and he provides extras which is nice. Cloth cover, post card, business card, the hand written chart of which engravings are in which book, plus the extra pages of engravings that were torn from the books and the original ninth gate engraving the Ceniza brothers removed. I would recommend it. Also bought a nice wooden lectern shelving unit thing that I keep the book on.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Bones🙂

I'm very pleased you were able to order a copy of this beloved film but was surprised to see you purchased it from EBay, as it is still available from two sources, both Nova and Kimchi.

Mind, with the interruptions to mail service we are experiencing, especially from some Asian companies, you may well receive your copy before I receive mine! (ordered quite some time ago).

Regardless, I'm confident you will enjoy this quaint little flik, that actually holds a larger audience of fans than I anticipated. 😉

Thanks for the info wrt the 'Book' @Mr.Transfer. By the sound of your description, it is a lovely and unique item indeed and one I may still pull the trigger on.

I know @Mad-martigan also has a lovely copy of it and is quite taken by the quality and craftsmanship it exudes.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so I know I'm late to the party but I just received mine in the mail. This was my first ARA media purchase. I have to say, it's nice but it's not spectacular. 

The art work is very dark, including the stills that you receive inside the case. The blu ray itself did not boot up the first time I put it in my PS4. I I ejected it, then reinserted the disc than it ran fine. 

The video transfer to my eyes is the same exact one as the lionsgate release. It's washed out, a bit hazy with some blur. 

Overall I would say if someone is a big fan of the film, it is an upgrade over the lionsgate release and it may be worth it for you or if you just collect releases from ARA.

I don't regret the purchase but I'm still holding out for a release with a better video transfer.

• Thanks 1