IGNORED

Destroyers (aka The Eliminators) (Wicked Vision Collector's Edition #??) (Blu-ray/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release: ?

Link (Wicked Shop): ?

Price: ?

Limited: ?

94392676_2612164018887453_5317543784488108032_o.thumb.jpg.01f690b2a161794907ab18810b2b929c.jpg

And finally - the last pre-information announcement that Wicked did: "The Eliminators" is a 1986 science fiction movie directed by Peter Manoogian (who only did one other movie: Arena), and produced under Charles Bands first movie distribution company "Empire International Pictures. As such (same with "TerrorVision" or "Ghost Town") it will not be released under the "Full Moon Collection"/"Full Moon Classics Selection" of Wicked Vision, but in their Collector's series (even though Empire is the predecessor of Full Moon, and technically "Creepozoids" and "Dolls" are also Empire releases, but the first is in the "Full Moon Collection", while the later is in the "Full Moon Classics Selection" - it's a strangely entangled mess, if you ask me :D ). Other than that, there is no information on the extras or limitation, only the three cover artworks are revealed: Cover A is the old movie poster, and cover C looks very much like an artwork by Ralf Krause.

The movie itself is about an evil scientist who after creating a half man, half droid called "Mandroid" to serve him, orders to dismantle him after he has no use for him anymore. However his assistant disobeys his order and helps the Mandroid to escape. The Mandroid then seeks help by former colleagues of the scientist to stop him on his evil doings. The movie starrs Andrew Prine (The Miracle Worker, Amnityville 2), Denise Crosby (Star Trek: TNG) and Patrick Reynolds. Here's the trailer:

• Like 3

This movie is rather interesting to me because of Denise Crosby. In Star Trek: The Next Generation she plays Tasha Yar, and I cannot say why exactly, but she was one of the first characters that I really grew fond of, I loved her character and thought she was a great and interesting person. I was really shocked to see her die (if I remember correctly, right in the first season). Crosby of course returns, due to the temporal rift episodes, as well as the mirror universe episodes, plus the time-rift Tasha Yars half-romulan child, which is also portrayed by Crosby. Still, I liked Tasha Yar most, and was really sad.

I never ever saw any other movies or series starring Denise Crosby, so this one peeked my interest right off when I saw the trailer. Even though it looks rather trashy, I am looking forward to this one. I would probably go for Cover A; or maybe Cover C? Not too sure yet. We'll see :D

• Like 2

Hi there @pygospa and @Veum;

While Denise Crosby was certainly more involved with TV shows than films, two I recall her in, Pet Sematary (original) and Deep Impact I enjoyed.

I don't believe I've ever seen The Eliminators (Destroyers) and though it does look like hokey fun, I'll probably pass...🙃

If I were to pick it up, I agree with your selection, Cover C has the best art. 🙂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi there @pygospa and @Veum;

While Denise Crosby was certainly more involved with TV shows than films, two I recall her in, Pet Sematary (original) and Deep Impact I enjoyed.

I don't believe I've ever seen The Eliminators (Destroyers) and though it does look like hokey fun, I'll probably pass...🙃

If I were to pick it up, I agree with your selection, Cover C has the best art. 🙂

Oh yes, you are right! I remember her in Pet Sematary, now that you mention it. How could I forget? Not sure, if I've seen Deep Impact, though. I thought so, judging just the title, but seeing the movie poster and the trailer: Nope, doesn't ring a bell. Is it any good?

• Like 2

Hi again @pygospa; (and the rest of you MediaBook fans 🙂)

Well, Deep Impact was another "end of the world" action drama that, while certainly not a bad film, wasn't quite up to the theatrical extravaganza of say, "Armageddon" or "The Core".

I've personally got a soft spot in my heart for these types of films though, so I'd say it's worth a watch.

Plus it has Morgan Freeman as The President of the USA and a very young Frodo as a witless protagonist, heh.

I doubt it would be very expensive, perhaps through Amazon?

It's worth picking up in my books, if ya like end of world sci-fi dramas. 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought I'd just tag it to this discussion.

Wicked Shop has The two "Count Yorga" films for a pretty decent price at the moment.

Count Yorga, Vampire:

- Steelbook, with removable quarter slip (9 Euro)

Count Yorga, Vampire (Wicked Metal Collection Nr. 3) [Limited FuturePak Edition]

Return of Count Yorga:

- MediaBook; two covers ( Cover B = 25 Euro) ( Cover A = 20 Euro)

The Return of Count Yorga (2-Disc Collector's Edition No. 14) [Cover B]The Return of Count Yorga (2-Disc Collector's Edition No. 14) [Cover A]

I already have the Arrow releases of both, and though they are fun films, they are not great films, so I might pick up that Steel of the first one since the price is pretty nice, the covers of the sequel do not entice me.

Also, the titles are totally whack (again, sigh) so there's that.

Just thought I'd mention them my friends. 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally some news - preorder has started yesterday at 15:00 at the Wicked-Vision shop - other shops are sure to follow, so check your favourite Mediabook dealer (be aware though, Amazon will definitely be third party, so no guarantee and is usually a bit more expensive). Maybe some admin/mod can add this to the initial post (because I cannot :( )

Release: 31.07.2020

Link (Wicked Shop): Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price: 29,99€

Limited: 444 Cover A, 222 Cover B, 222 Cover C

They also provided a new banner, that I'll add, and on Facebook they added this little announcement text (in English):

Dear visioneers,

with ELIMINATORS / DESTROYERS we will release a Empire cult classic for the first time in Germany on Blu-ray and DVD. July 31st in three limited mediabook editions!

Again there are 200 cards for the first preorders. To save shipping costs, in Germany, when ordering this one as well (both released in July 31st, both preordable now), you won't pay anything. And unfortunately, if you reside in the US: Wicked is currently unable to send to the US, due to Corona. They'll take your pre-orders if you want (so you definately get your edition save), but will keep the editions untill shipping is permitted again.

105973936_2763564973747356_5745923885101459011_o.thumb.jpg.e30a084b6fe61a0fbea66679d9fa1f83.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone was really interested in this one, so no tags :D You'll probably follow me anyways, and get all the updates you need - or follow this thread, or... maybe get tagged by the others who know you better than I do :D

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, pygospa said:

Finally some news - preorder has started yesterday at 15:00 at the Wicked-Vision shop - other shops are sure to follow, so check your favourite Mediabook dealer (be aware though, Amazon will definitely be third party, so no guarantee and is usually a bit more expensive). Maybe some admin/mod can add this to the initial post (because I cannot :( )

Release: 31.07.2020

Link (Wicked Shop): Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price: 29,99€

Limited: 444 Cover A, 222 Cover B, 222 Cover C

They also provided a new banner, that I'll add, and on Facebook they added this little announcement text (in English):

Again there are 200 cards for the first preorders. To save shipping costs, in Germany, when ordering this one as well (both released in July 31st, both preordable now), you won't pay anything. And unfortunately, if you reside in the US: Wicked is currently unable to send to the US, due to Corona. They'll take your pre-orders if you want (so you definately get your edition save), but will keep the editions untill shipping is permitted again.

105973936_2763564973747356_5745923885101459011_o.thumb.jpg.e30a084b6fe61a0fbea66679d9fa1f83.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone was really interested in this one, so no tags :D You'll probably follow me anyways, and get all the updates you need - or follow this thread, or... maybe get tagged by the others who know you better than I do :D

🥤morning here @pygospa

Do you have Wicked Shop’s facebook page, a link?... sorry I can not find it?🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🥤morning here @pygospa

Do you have Wicked Shop’s facebook page, a link?... sorry I can not find it?🤔

Of course, no worries - it's a bit tricky. Wicked Vision is a magazine/e-zine, not a label, so once the label was founded by one of the magazines employees, it was called "Wicked Vision Media" - and now they renamed themselves this year to "Wicked Vision Distribution GmbH" (GmbH = the British 'Limited') - so they are finally a "legit" big company :D. But when you look for just "Wicked Vision" you won't find them but the magazine...

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/wickedvision.media/
And if you are interested in the statement, that one was in a comment, here: https://www.facebook.com/wickedvision.media/posts/2763620617075125?comment_id=2763961707041016&reply_comment_id=2764868863616967

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

FLIPPING HECK 

I still have a V.H.S tape of this in the big box .

Cover A 

under rated gem of its time .

THANKS @pygospa  Valentines Day Love GIF

Oh, you are very welcome :) Always happy if I can point anyone to something interesting that'll make them happy :)

I also got Cover A in the end, because my girlfriend liked that one the best, and I was torn between A and C, so in the end she decided for me :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Heh, oh wow, talk about an old weird one.

I haven't seen that since VHS days either but um no, I didn't buy it @Scary Hair,   😀

Goofy but fun flik. I'll keep an eye on the price but doubt I'll get it immediately.

Thanks much for posting of course, @pygospa

Hey @Veum, you getting this one buddy?

I got it when the local video shop shut down 5 quid 

wanted Witchboard couldnt get that .

ended up with a few that I have since upgraded .

ITS time will come to be in my grubby mitts 

dog human drinking GIF

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow friend of the label with that wicked looking eye on the spine. Here are pictures of another wickedly looking wicked release. A few Words on the release: The cover, in my humble opinion looks really stunning, and even tough I was a bit disappointed to have chosen the cover that gets featured the most in the booklet, and on the disc artwork, I was lucky enough to get no. 22 of their limited pre-order cards, which is a bonus present exclusively for the first 200 to (pre-)order this release via the official Wicked Vision shop. The card features cover C, which is the exclusively commisionned artwork by Ralf Crause, which for me was a strong contender to my pick, cover A (which was the favorite of my girlfriend, to be quite honest, after I vetoed cover B). So in the end I got both my favourite cover artworks :D (luuuuuckey!). Fortunately they returned to the cover card, which for some of their releases was replaced by a sticker stripe on the wrapping foil, while others didn't even have any to begin with. I really like those cover cards, cause with the exception of the FSK seal I keep all of those sticker, j-card, etc. thingies with the edition, and cutting out a cover stripe and putting it in the mediabook is just too flimsy, while the card fits in probably and stays inside. Unfortunately they are not lying them onto the cover anymore but gluing them with two of this glue-buggers, so you've got to be extra careful to not destroy your cover when removing them :( On the backside of the cover card we find an advertisement - not for another movie release but for a book that Wicked Vision did in cooperation with Creepy Images (a German shop that sells movie memorabilia, such as lobby cards, original posters, etc.). I don't think it's worth doing a thread for this book as it will be in German, but if anyone's interested, its a 178 pages book on Cirio H. Santiago, "unknown master of b-movies" (subtitle), and contains 43 reviews of the "western" (he himself is from the Philipines) directed movies, a complete filmography as well as exclusive interviews with Roger Corman, Richard Norton and Jerry Trimble, "and a lot more". You can order it via Wicked shop and Creepy Images, and if you do so till August 31st, you'll get a copy that was signed by the author David Renske. Infos and a glance incide can be found here. For a Wicked release the booklet is surprisingly one-sided on the images which mostly consist of movie scenes, but I guess there wasn't much alternative material. We do get the original movie poster from cover A, as well as a text-less image of cover B, and as said, if you where early enough you can also enjoy cover C on the limited card.

But enough chit-chat. Just see for yourselves:

20200724_123608.jpg

20200724_123619.jpg

20200724_123645.jpg

20200724_123657.jpg

20200724_123705.jpg

20200724_123717.jpg

20200724_123725.jpg

20200724_123737.jpg

20200724_123745.jpg

20200724_123753.jpg

20200724_123801.jpg

20200724_123820.jpg

20200724_123903.jpg

20200724_123909.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lovely pick-up indeed @pygospa  🤩

I'm still debating on this one but your silky-silver keyboard fingers may have pushed me toward purchase. 😀

I may jump on that book about Santiago😀

I'm aware of the very close relationship he had with one of my Heroes, Roger Corman. 🥰

Thanks for the heads-up!

Just as an aside, I just received today, a rather large box containing my Wicked Vision order(s).  🤩

Pics will be up in the "New Receptions" Thread in a couple minutes buddy.

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

I'm still debating on this one but your silky-silver keyboard fingers may have pushed me toward purchase. 😀

hehehe, my silky-silver keyboard fingers?
orangutan lol GIF

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

I may jump on that book about Santiago😀

I'm aware of the very close relationship he had with one of my Heroes, Roger Corman. 🥰

To be quite honest: I've never heard of this guy. And at first glance I might not even know a single movie he did. I am wondering, why Wicked decided to do a book on him, maybe this is hinting on comming releases from him at Wicked Vision? I am a bit intreagued, but also unsure. Maybe I'll try to watch a few movies of his before deciding on a buy/not buy. If I do get one, I'd love it to be before August 31st, as I am a sucker for these limited special bonuses 🤣 But yeah, we'll see. I was planing to skip this, but now I am a bit intrigued as well. And given it's "just a book", this is not nearly as expensive as most of our usual movie buys ;) 

• Like 1

Hi @pygospa ;

I trust you slept well? 😀

So the short version wrt Mr Santiago ( as I'm sure some Wiki page can do more justice with);

Corman knew all to well, how to stretch a dollar when making films.

One of his methods was by making a number of films in the Philippines, where not only could he get a tax credit but also production funding.

His chief contact and go-to-guy was Santiago, a relatively small time film producer in the Philippines.

For a nunber of years following, they both provided support to each other, including cast members, production crew, etc...

Hence, Santiago began to make a name for himself in the Film Industry and Corman made a LOT of money.

I'd suggest it is worthwhile getting the book if for no other reason, than seeing how these guys pioneered guerilla film-making at its finest. 🙂

Edited by Grendel

Oh, also wanted to mention @pygospa and @Veum;

I'll undoubtedly get "The Rift" and "Pit & Pendulum" (remake) as well.

Just gotta cool the wallet off a bit as it's huddled in the corner whimpering in pain right now. 🤓

I won't worry about a sale, as I'm sure Daniel and friends could use the money and they've been treating me VERY well for some time now.
Probably next week.

I need to keep an eye for when "Donovan's Brain" comes in as well so if possible, I can get a bundle shipped vice 1 at a time.