IGNORED

Sirene I (OT: The Rift / Endless Descent) (Wicked Vision Collector's Edition #??) (Blu-ray/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release: ?

Link (Wicked Shop): ?

Price: ?

Limited: ?

95224480_2622645084506013_507181263371632640_o.thumb.jpg.4df432b0e457cf125233a8ebdc80391d.jpg

"The Rift", aka "Endless Descent" is a 1990 B-movie in the action/adventure/horror genre, directed by Juan Piquer Simón (Pieces, Slugs: The Movie), staring Jack Scalia (All My Children), Ronald Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket) and Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, RoboCop). In the movie, the submarine Siren I goes missing, and the experimental submarine Siren II is sent to find out what happened. It's one of many underwarter-themed movies of the 90s (The Abyss, Leviathan, DeepStar Six, etc.) that might just gain popularity again due to the current cinema movie "Underwarter" staring Kirsten Stewart.

Another pre-information from Wicked Vision for a coming release where there is no information yet on the release date, price or limitation, but we already get to see that there are going to be three covers again: I couldn't get any information on the first cover, but covers B and C are both classic movie poster designs; of course with the German title instead of the original "The Rift"/"Endless Descent" title. According to Wicked, there will be a ton of extras, including exclusively produced material, such as an interview with Colin Arthur, who did the effects on "The Rift" (as well as on "Conan" or "Total Recall"). And it is the first time that this movie is available in Germany.

Does anybody know this movie? Is it any good? Will you get this edition? And if so, what's your favourite cover artwork?

For all of you that are like me and have never heard of this movie, check out the trailer:

• Like 3

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, pygospa said:

Release: ?

Link (Wicked Shop): ?

Price: ?

Limited: ?

95224480_2622645084506013_507181263371632640_o.thumb.jpg.4df432b0e457cf125233a8ebdc80391d.jpg

"The Rift", aka "Endless Descent" is a 1990 B-movie in the action/adventure/horror genre, directed by Juan Piquer Simón (Pieces, Slugs: The Movie), staring Jack Scalia (All My Children), Ronald Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket) and Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, RoboCop). In the movie, the submarine Siren I goes missing, and the experimental submarine Siren II is sent to find out what happened. It's one of many underwarter-themed movies of the 90s (The Abyss, Leviathan, DeepStar Six, etc.) that might just gain popularity again due to the current cinema movie "Underwarter" staring Kirsten Stewart.

Another pre-information from Wicked Vision for a coming release where there is no information yet on the release date, price or limitation, but we already get to see that there are going to be three covers again: I couldn't get any information on the first cover, but covers B and C are both classic movie poster designs; of course with the German title instead of the original "The Rift"/"Endless Descent" title. According to Wicked, there will be a ton of extras, including exclusively produced material, such as an interview with Colin Arthur, who did the effects on "The Rift" (as well as on "Conan" or "Total Recall"). And it is the first time that this movie is available in Germany.

Does anybody know this movie? Is it any good? Will you get this edition? And if so, what's your favourite cover artwork?

For all of you that are like me and have never heard of this movie, check out the trailer:

Looks like my ‘cup of tea’ @pygospa, I’m in!😊

happy episode 8 GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This to me, is a difficult one. Not sure if the movie is worth it, as it looks really bad :D However, being that it's from Wicked Vision and that up to now I got every edition they released, I'll probably get this anyways. And judging the trailer it could be fun. Regarding the Cover artworks, I don't like the German title on it, the English one looks a bit better, the EN-Part is just to long and and giving that there is so much more to come, this semitry looks somewhat off. I like that better in the English title where it's just Rift, and going down on the FT-Part. Plus, it makes so much more sense that "Rift" is actually forming a rift. Also, the English title has the better coloring on it. Other than that, I don't like cover A at all (looks like a really bad computer rendering, whihc might be okey for inside the movie, but I don't like it on my cover artwork :D ). So it's cover B or C for me. Tough choice. The orginal poster artwork of cover C looks really bad, because it's too dark for my taste; but it is much lighter on the Wicked picture; reminds me a bit of one of the Leviathan artworks, though. But I really like the artistic style of it. Cover B is somewhat really cool, due to the colors and the artwork - looks like a 70s-90s Sci-fi novel cover :D

I think I have a tendency towards cover B.

I added the two original poster artworks for comparison, so it's easier to follow this posts ramblings of mine :D

hgMjsuAHnux4vXBO6tHUz6EXltF.thumb.jpg.9c9a324f8f688152d1358a62ef50a64f.jpgnyigQNqSK7acJD0lcF7eY9uIvmn.thumb.jpg.6bb32de11eb2cab2800bb641824507f9.jpg

• Like 3

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, pygospa said:

This to me, is a difficult one. Not sure if the movie is worth it, as it looks really bad :D However, being that it's from Wicked Vision and that up to now I got every edition they released, I'll probably get this anyways. And judging the trailer it could be fun. Regarding the Cover artworks, I don't like the German title on it, the English one looks a bit better, the EN-Part is just to long and and giving that there is so much more to come, this semitry looks somewhat off. I like that better in the English title where it's just Rift, and going down on the FT-Part. Plus, it makes so much more sense that "Rift" is actually forming a rift. Also, the English title has the better coloring on it. Other than that, I don't like cover A at all (looks like a really bad computer rendering, whihc might be okey for inside the movie, but I don't like it on my cover artwork :D ). So it's cover B or C for me. Tough choice. The orginal poster artwork of cover C looks really bad, because it's too dark for my taste; but it is much lighter on the Wicked picture; reminds me a bit of one of the Leviathan artworks, though. But I really like the artistic style of it. Cover B is somewhat really cool, due to the colors and the artwork - looks like a 70s-90s Sci-fi novel cover :D

I think I have a tendency towards cover B.

I added the two original poster artworks for comparison, so it's easier to follow this posts ramblings of mine :D

hgMjsuAHnux4vXBO6tHUz6EXltF.thumb.jpg.9c9a324f8f688152d1358a62ef50a64f.jpgnyigQNqSK7acJD0lcF7eY9uIvmn.thumb.jpg.6bb32de11eb2cab2800bb641824507f9.jpg

Yeah cover “B” for me... BTW, I think I may own a USA 🇺🇸 copy of this, I’ll need to check my data base right now!😉

UPDATE:

Just checked & I do have this one below, I’ll not need this one then from Wicked!!😊

The Rift Blu-ray

United States

Endless DescentKino Lorber | 1990 | 82 min | Rated R |

image.jpeg.d9b88bcf6677704cd4e864a40c674eae.jpeg

• Like 2

Hello again @pygospa and @Veum;

I actually enjoyed this little "B" flik, heh.

Ermey steals the show (of course) and Jack Scalia plays the no nonsense "hero" that uses his square jaw to get him through the troubles.

Is it a rip-off of Leviathan and to a degree, The Abyss ? Assuredly! but it was done with some care and consideration to plot, dialogue and SFX.

I can see myself grabbing this one, as I don't believe I have a previous copy.

As for covers, yeah, the original title would have been preferable but I quite like Cover B as it reminds me slightly of "Fantastic Voyage" but with a bit more creep factor.

Looking forward to hearing more on their plans for this one!

Thanks very much once more for Posting my friend! 😀

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some updates on this release are available, as pre-ordering has just opened up:

Release: 31.08.2020

Link (Wicked Shop): Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price: 29,99

Quantity: Cover A: 333, Cover B: 444, Cover C : 333

108964233_2838475192923000_4354312967514031234_o.thumb.jpg.a3a8a2a132b27d06d66ae0257e862af2.jpg

This release will be no. 38 on Wicked Visions "Limited Collector's Edition" series, and they refer to it as the 30th Anniversary Edition, which incidentally will also be the very first legal German release of this movie since it's VHS release in 1992! And because of this, they also commissioned a few extras, exclusively for this release: "What Lurks in the Dark?" is an interview with Colin Arthur on all the special effects of this movie, and "Danger Below" is a 10 minute featurette on special effects by Till Bamberg, who also presents rare archive material. Also included are the old interviews with actors "Ray Wise", "Jack Saclia" and "R. Lee Ermey" (all separate extras), plus of course the usual extras (trailer, original trailer, picture gallery and the 24-paged booklet with an Essay by Christoph N. Kellerbach). This time the release is once more locked on region B/2, as usually the case, we have German dubbing and English original audio, as well as subtitles for both languages, with additional German subtitles for the extras. And as usually, the first 200 pre-orders will get a limited numbered card.

Regarding the other releases, I could only find an Amaray release that is available in the US and Canada, that only has the Interviews as bonus features. So this release is probably the superior one, if you don't own this yet. If you are getting this, what is your cover choice? I picked the Cover B (even though my girlfriend liked C better :P:D ).

• Like 1

Hello again @pygospa, @Veum, @RAK and others 🙂

Thanks again for the update Pygospa.

As I previously mentioned, I have a warm and fuzzy for this little B Flik.

Predominantly for Ermey being in it but it is a decent creature feature and if you enjoy the genre, you could do a lot worse. 😉

I suspect I will go with Cover B  since as I mentioned previously, it gives me Fantastic Voyage vibes and I love the colours.

I'll probably submit an order on Monday, together with Pit & Pendulum (and possibly a couple more, heh).

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1