IGNORED

2001: A Space Odyssey (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #05) [UK]

R1s1ngs0n

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K Titans Of Cult

NOW LIVE ON ZAVVI FOR RED CARPET MEMBERS 

Here's a link to click below 👇

JUST LAUNCHED! NEW Titans of Cult 4K UHD Limited Edition Steelbook! Secure yours: https://bit.ly/31oLVDH OptOut: STOP to +447401951073

12621922-1614779225633381.thumb.jpg.74534e81d4cf3cfa0ce4607e6f633103.jpg

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

As can be seen in the photographs uploaded by @popohd, Titans of Cult have totally spoiled their own  edition by placing the age rating symbol ... 4 times! 

No legal provision requires you to put that four times, and there are many ways to do it so as not to spoil the cover.

You have a nice, symbolic design, and ... you screw it up. They didn't even try to put it on a sticker that we could remove later, no: printed on the cover itself.

Conclusion: There is no any Titans of Cult edition of this historic Kubrick's film with its original title and clean cover.

PS: 4 times! I still can not understand it.

PS: Yes, I am outraged. I loved the design, I adore this movie, and when my copy arrived ... it was a deception.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

As can be seen in the photographs uploaded by @popohd, Titans of Cult have totally spoiled their own  edition by placing the age rating symbol ... 4 times! 

No legal provision requires you to put that four times, and there are many ways to do it so as not to spoil the cover.

You have a nice, symbolic design, and ... you screw it up. They didn't even try to put it on a sticker that we could remove later, no: printed on the cover itself.

Conclusion: There is no any Titans of Cult edition of this historic Kubrick's film with its original title and clean cover.

PS: 4 times! I still can not understand it.

PS: Yes, I am outraged. I loved the design, I adore this movie, and when my copy arrived ... it was a deception.

I agree 100% 

That rating logo is like an ugly pimple on an otherwise beautiful face. Why indeed not use removable stickers or better still, print the logo on a self adhesive j-card which can be removed to reveal some clean minimal artwork... even a barebone back is better than having all this text ruining an overall nice package.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 4

Has anyone happened to ask them why on Earth they do it this way? I would buy the French editions of their releases, but then all the text is in French. It couldn’t cost that much more to just do a separate j-card with all the info/rating logos on it. I’m sure we would all gladly pay a bit extra if that were the case. The discs too🤮! Some UK releases are just infested with those ugly rating logos. I almost always end up buying US discs to replace them. 

• Like 2

Hello my friends, @FlanInTheFace, @Intentcoin and others; 🙂

The ratings logos/stickers are required by law in many countries, England is one of those countries.

Germany has elected in many circumstances, to utilize peelable stickers of the ratings but not all eds get them.

I believe there are a few UK distributors that do as well but cannot name them without research right now.

We in NA, and many Asian countries, are quite lucky this situation is not enforced.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grendel said:

The ratings logos/stickers are required by law in many countries, England is one of those countries.

Germany has elected in many circumstances, to utilize peelable stickers of the ratings but not all eds get them.

I believe there are a few UK distributors that do as well but cannot name them without research right now.

We in NA, and many Asian countries, are quite lucky this situation is not enforced.

I'm sure there's a way around it though right? Zavvi puts all their ratings on the removable j card and I've seen some with stickers. Is the law so strict that it requires they print the ratings directly on the packaging? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Buddy @Intentcoin;

I honestly don't know what methods can or cannot be used to circumvent the regulation.

I do know, from reading discussions on web-sites that there are a few distributors that wish they did not need to comply. So, yeah, they're upset as well as us customers.

I've personally gotten to the point where I just look past them now.

Mind, here in Canada, we have to have all Blu-ray label descriptors in both English and French, so ratings logos pale in significance to that, for me. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Grendel said:

Probably you're right, but... four times in the same edition? How many UK editions needed legally to have the age rate symbol four times, printing it directly on the edition?

There are two options:

1) The UK law changed and from now we've to be careful with UK editions covers.

2) Someone around this edition has done a little/big disaster...

I was very outraged because I was very excited, it's one of my favourite films, and if elsewhere there is the same edition without that ugly symbol on the cover, which looks like the pimple on the face of a fifteen-year-old...., I will try to sell this copy and buy another with a really clean cover.

But, my question now is ... can we be sure that the next releases of Titans of Cult will not do the same?

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

Probably you're right, but... four times in the same edition? How many UK editions needed legally to have the age rate symbol four times, printing it directly on the edition?

There are two options:

1) The UK law changed and from now we've to be careful with UK editions covers.

2) Someone around this edition has done a little/big disaster...

I was very outraged because I was very excited, it's one of my favourite films, and if elsewhere there is the same edition without that ugly symbol on the cover, which looks like the pimple on the face of a fifteen-year-old...., I will try to sell this copy and buy another with a really clean cover.

But, my question now is ... can we be sure that the next releases of Titans of Cult will not do the same?

It's not just this edition though, every ToC that I own have the ratings printed on

• Sad 1

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to 2001: A Space Odyssey (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #05) [UK]