IGNORED

UHD CLUB The Dark Knight (UHD CLUB DP #07) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Hardbox) [China]

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

MP Group Buy SOON

Info & Questions Topic here

The Dark Knight (UHD CLUB Exclusive DP #07) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Digipak Hardbox) [China]

Release Date: 2020

Retail Price: TBA

Limited: 268 copies

Note:

Sneak Peak Beauty Shots. 

***Some Adjustments May Happen

trilogy.jpeg

6CFA941E-7F72-468E-860B-5078CF11BC8B.jpeg

C3B08E48-7130-4857-8049-C7D98FCD4994.jpeg

C41C09ED-6E1D-41D5-B090-9814C9D67DFF.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it might seem the opposite, there are many special -or supposedly collector's- editions of Nolan's Batman on the market, but, in my opinion, most are very improvable. Most of them are not truly special; there are limited editions like many others of other films. An unlimited of similar limited editions.

And although there are some really good ones, all we know, its design is only an option. And the universe of this Batman and how much fans and collectors like it, gives space enought for even more.

A real, tough, creative, fun, and interesting challenge awaits UHD Club.

PS: I just realized that I'm talking about "Nolan's Batman" as if it were a painting. The Picasso's "Gernika", Leonardo's "Mona Lisa", Kandinsky's "Red Spot II", and Nolan's "Batman". Is it love? Good taste? Artistic sensibility? Who knows ....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

What would you guys like to see included with this? First thing that comes to mind is two face's coin. I think someone mentioned a batarang for the first one. What about for DKR?

Maybe a little plaque with the Bat symbol etched in chalk like it is in the film? Or perhaps a badge made from that design?

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

wrt the OP, curious why UHD jumped straight to TDK ?

They never did a Bats Begins yet.

Or is there info stating they are?

If not yet, then they may not be doing the trilogy I guess?

Now, they could be 'testing the waters' with the most popular of the 3 and depending on sales, elect to do the other two.

Just a supposition of course...🤔

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

wrt the OP, curious why UHD jumped straight to TDK ?

They never did a Bats Begins yet.

Or is there info stating they are?

If not yet, then they may not be doing the trilogy I guess?

Now, they could be 'testing the waters' with the most popular of the 3 and depending on sales, elect to do the other two.

Just a supposition of course...🤔

@Grendel

They are doing all three link to Batman Begins

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

that is nice. Wheres it from?

@Intentcoin

It was at a time available at a few different retail stores, Best Buy, Wal-Mart etc, etc. Here is a link to an unboxing if you’re interested, & there are eBay sellers selling it also, but I don’t remember what it’s currently going for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Can you name some? Only ones i can think of are hdzeta and the white japan ones

My opinion is that there are many editions of one or more of these three films, but there are not too much truly collector's editions. So in my post I put "supposedly collector's" editions. But it is subjective, of course. ;) 

I think there have been some "supposedly" collector's editions, as also special/limited editions, some with amaray, others with a steelbook, others with digibook, some with more goodies, others with less or none.  In some cases it was done with all three films, in others only with some.

But I have always had the idea that much remains to be done.

I really love the HDZeta editions of this trilogy, for me it's the best option until now. But I hope that the UHD-Club editions get to go further. Nolan's Batman is a very powerful universe. And these three films give a lot of play when designing or configuring an edition.

A couple of examples about other editions we know:

- Germany Batman Begins Collector's Edition:

41NXMTE+MGL.jpg

- The Dark Knight Rises Korean Full slip edition:

UYHTF16201-3T.jpg?v-cache=1517944082

- The Dark Knight Rises Korean Lenticular Steelbook edition:

420_shop2_817877.jpg

- UK Edition:

91d9GxUSZPL._AC_SX522_.jpg

And to this type of single editions we should add those that included the three films together, such as a jumbo steelbook, or other options.

An UK example:

mis-ediciones-de-importacion-the-dark-kn

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3

@Casiusco I see, maybe i didn't know about these because when i started collecting I was all about steelbooks and nothing less would serve. Now I'm thinking I would much rather prefer a nice box like the ones UHD makes to a slip with a WWA steelbook. I'm thinking bumblebee here(although with how long UHD is taking, I regret passing up on hdzeta)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

@Casiusco I see, maybe i didn't know about these because when i started collecting I was all about steelbooks and nothing less would serve. Now I'm thinking I would much rather prefer a nice box like the ones UHD makes to a slip with a WWA steelbook. I'm thinking bumblebee here(although with how long UHD is taking, I regret passing up on hdzeta)

Many collectors start like this too, thinking only of steelbooks. Over the years, many of us end up appreciating other things as well. In my case, design at the aesthetic level is now essential.

It's part of the life cycle of the film collector, something genetic that -like the X-Men- each one lives in his own way; but hey, I guess we'll leave that for another thread. ;) 

I couldn't buy the HDZeta editions because  it was too expensive, and now I hope to have something nice and exciting with this release. At the moment I liked a lot what I have seen from UHD Club. And I think making the best Nolan Batman edition ever made is an absolutely exciting challenge. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Many collectors start like this too, thinking only of steelbooks. Over the years, many of us end up appreciating other things as well. In my case, design at the aesthetic level is now essential.

It's part of the life cycle of the film collector, something genetic that -like the X-Men- each one lives in his own way; but hey, I guess we'll leave that for another thread. ;) 

I couldn't buy the HDZeta editions because  it was too expensive, and now I hope to have something nice and exciting with this release. At the moment I liked a lot what I have seen from UHD Club. And I think making the best Nolan Batman edition ever made is an absolutely exciting challenge. 

Yeah, whatever it is, I'm here and I ain't missing out. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3