IGNORED

The Pit and the Pendulum [1991] (Wicked Vision Full Moon Collection #05) (Blu-ray/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

1 minute ago, Veum said:

^^^ Yeah @Grendel I see that so far I want the Wicked version of:

*Running tab

1. The Pit and the Pendulum

2. Madhouse

@RAK do you know if the arrow boxset has more extras then the individual ones (without me having to look them up please)?🤔

image.jpeg.7c97d2136fe43609419774b440082b82.jpeg

Im not sure, I know Arrow is pretty good with a lot of the extras. But I wouldn’t know without comparing them side by side.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Nice choices @Veum !

Regarding the Arrow box-set, It looks like the included amarays won't contain the 'booklets' that were released with the 1st pressing singles but reading through the on disc extras, looks like the same ones from the 1st pressings. The booklets are sometimes no more than 'leaflets' though, so not a big loss for the most part.

I very much enjoy the Shout/Scream releases and have many but I'd probably agree with you @RAK that Arrow always seems to put out top tier quality releases. Sure there might be a few that folks will bicker over but usually it's just a matter of tastes. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Oh, as an aside, @RAK , I see you listed a link to the Shout Universal Horror Collection Vol 4.

Indeed, they are just about to release Vol 6. 🙂

I have them all of course but not an enormous fan of the fliks contained in Vol 5 as they are all gorilla themed and monkeys and their ilk creep me the hell out.

I still bought it though. 🤗

image.jpeg.ae6e7f8c8d2bea4c38938b9bffb2b1a3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh, as an aside, @RAK , I see you listed a link to the Shout Universal Horror Collection Vol 4.

Indeed, they are just about to release Vol 6. 🙂

I have them all of course but not an enormous fan of the fliks contained in Vol 5 as they are all gorilla themed and monkeys and their ilk creep me the hell out.

I still bought it though. 🤗

image.jpeg.ae6e7f8c8d2bea4c38938b9bffb2b1a3.jpeg

^^^ Me too @Grendel b/c I am...

collector GIF  john c. mcginley laughing GIF

• Like 2

Woha, so much is happening here! Wow.

7 hours ago, RAK said:

I was thinking of buying it, and yes the price is very good for it being a 6 movie Boxset. I already have 

these, but may get the Boxset anyways.

B5BFECED-E3EE-4151-AF4C-7BF941336ADF.jpeg

That's a lovely collection, man! Thanks for sharing. I really like the Arrow releases, they look beautiful (thanks to the transparent cases), would love them even more if they where Scanavos, but they are nice none the less. But I still only got a few of those. Need to get my hands on some more of them. I love Shoutfactory for their YouTube channel with the HighDef trailers :D Other than that, I don't own any Shoutfactory - as they are from the US they are Region A locked, which is a pitty. However, since they ship in blue Amarays, it's not that big of a loss - I tend to avoid them, as I find those standard Amarays really ugly.

7 hours ago, Grendel said:

^^ Nice choices @Veum !

Regarding the Arrow box-set, It looks like the included amarays won't contain the 'booklets' that were released with the 1st pressing singles but reading through the on disc extras, looks like the same ones from the 1st pressings. The booklets are sometimes no more than 'leaflets' though, so not a big loss for the most part.

I've heard they remove the booklets even once their releases are restocked, so the booklet is just for the first edition. I think that's a pity, for me it's a reason to not buy. If I get something, I want it all :D

6 hours ago, Veum said:

Here is some in my collection I cherish:

image.thumb.jpeg.aa93e3e3a9add205ed6fc1836b083989.jpeg

image.jpeg.8326005c9fe2f3fcda15df37fc22b412.jpeg

I know the top pictures steelbooks (they where also released in Germany, I however got them from Zavvi in the UK because they had a box set. But what are the bottom ones for editions? Im really curious because I love Glow in the Dark and these look incredible!

• Like 3

Hi folks;

I'm sure @Veum can provide appropriate details but I believe those glow-in-the-dark covers on the Universal "Big-8" are Halloween timed releases (2018? / 2019?).

There are probably some still around though I believe they were NA releases, so you may need assistance @pygospa to track them down.

Perhaps I should consider them as well, they look very nice and I don't think they would be too expensive?

I too purchased my Steel set from Zavvi as I appreciated having the box to store them in. 🙂

Since the topic has come up, I suppose no harm in tossing this pic in here from my collection.

Note 1: it is out of date as there's been a number of new releases since I took this ( i.e. The Lugosi and Karloff sets are now part of the new Blu-ray Universal Horror Series).

note 2: the larger boxes are Sideshow 12" figures of the characters and the art-boxes all display the original movie posters.

image.thumb.jpeg.59872d729e47a5c208b2a5062a3ee110.jpeg

note 3: I still need the Claude Rains version of Phantom in Blu-ray it seems...🤔

(edit; heh, nope, it's in the Monsters Coffin set, far right)

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

So, continuing to bastardize this thread from its original OP, I noticed this up on both Kimchi and Nova today;

image.thumb.jpeg.1dc47df0442f75aa1aa2c8dc92f3c42a.jpeg

This film is excellent!

I purchased a copy from Nova, as I get special deals from them (probably since my purchase totals have put their kids through college, heh).

I have a standard Blu in amaray of this already but have never seen a special edition released for it yet.

Polanski and Depp were both at the top of their game when they made this and having Frank Langella as the baddie was perfect!

If you are not familiar with this, @pygospa. @Veum, @RAK and others, I trust you will want to be.

Probably my fave Depp flik (well, perhaps except for Pirates Of The Carribean #1)

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

@Grendel Wow. Beautiful collection, man! This is really nice. I only have that boxset from Zavvi for the Universal monsters, plus the Invisible Man Boxset from Turbine. That's also a pretty nice collection, though: Comes with a booklet (in German, of course), plus 6 individual Digipacks each featuring an artwrok from different regions (French, Spanish, English, Italian). Unforutnately only a couple of them are on Blu-ray. A few titles are DVD only. But still, it's a great Boxset. Would be lovely if they had similar ones for the other Universal monsters (Frankenstein and Mummy have a few titles, as well as the Werewolf, afaik).

91tx2KszV9L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

^^ Gorgeous looking set @pygospa  🤩

It looks like the contents are similar to that contained in the individual Universal series released in North America but with a lot more style to it.

(see the Invisible Man collection release in my pic above, just below the "Dracula" Tombstone Collection).

Each of those Blu collections has all character associated films in their respective set.

I love the art cards and they look a bit similar to the card collection that came in the "Monsters" Coffin set in my pic (far right) being the original film poster reproductions.

If they (Turbine) did boxes like this for the others in the Big-8 as well, I may need to track these down....sigh....😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, pygospa said:

Woha, so much is happening here! Wow.

I know the top pictures steelbooks (they where also released in Germany, I however got them from Zavvi in the UK because they had a box set. But what are the bottom ones for editions? Im really curious because I love Glow in the Dark and these look incredible!

🥤Hi @pygospa / @Grendel,

Those glow in the dark were from as grendel said from a Halloween period exclusively from our Wal-Mart stores here in the 🇺🇸 & they are extremely hard to find today. 

Here is a site that has some of these for only $5.95 (just put in the name/blu-ray i.e. Frankenstein, The Mummy, etc. however they did not have Dracula or Phantom of the Opera, However I do not think they ship outside the USA 🇺🇸 IDK though... (I found an expensive copy for each from bluraysforeveryone.com I think these guys ship world-wide).

Glow-in-the-dark blu-rays

& You could also look in eBay or Amazon.com, I’ve seen some there!

I hope that helps some fellows, let me know if I can help any other way!!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Grendel said:

So, continuing to bastardize this thread from its original OP, I noticed this up on both Kimchi and Nova today;

image.thumb.jpeg.1dc47df0442f75aa1aa2c8dc92f3c42a.jpeg

This film is excellent!

I purchased a copy from Nova, as I get special deals from them (probably since my purchase totals have put their kids through college, heh).

I have a standard Blu in amaray of this already but have never seen a special edition released for it yet.

Polanski and Depp were both at the top of their game when they made this and having Frank Langella as the baddie was perfect!

If you are not familiar with this, @pygospa. @Veum, @RAK and others, I trust you will want to be.

Probably my fave Depp flik (well, perhaps except for Pirates Of The Carribean #1)

Hell Yeah! I’m in I never even noticed this scrolling through there pages. I love this movie.

• Like 3

^^ Glad ya noticed @RAK  🙂

I quite like the art they used as it is extremely subtle, perhaps too subtle though?

I personally would have liked to have seen Emmanuelle Seigner used in the art somehow (perhaps not of her riding Depp but still... )

Don't sleep on this my friend, it may be gone quick. Hard to ever tell with Hollywood non-Steel releases and the Korean/Asian market. 🙂

I grabbed this also while at Nova, as I usually always buy two films at a time from them to save on shipping costs;

The Bad Guys: Reign Of Chaos

image.jpeg.c5cb91e406dfcb22142350274e4071e3.jpeg

If you have any fondness for Asian crime dramas, this one by Yong-ho Son is pretty good.

It's not up there with;

- Bullet In The Head

- Believer,

- The Outlaws, or the

- God Of Gamblers series

and nothing like "The Raid" duet

(all of which I'd pick up before it)

but it's still a good flik. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 7:25 PM, Grendel said:

As to which ones I'd grab 1st, if needed it;

- The Pit and the Pendulum (Corman version)

- The Fall of the House Of Usher

- Masque of the Red Death

- Tomb Of Ligea

- The Oblong Box

- The Haunted Palace

All of the rest are certainly excellent and deserve picking up as well of course but the ones listed are my fave to start with.

Aaaaand you've got me. I'm currently going through my movie collection in alphabetical order, and just realized that I miss 300: Rise of an Empire, as well as 300 on blu-ray. So while ordering it from Amazon, I added "Masque of the Red Death" and "The Haunted Palace" to my order -.-"

Now I own 4 of the 6 you recommend :D

I ordered those strange Hansesound Mediabooks (they rather sound like a audio CD label, rather than a movie label), so let's see if they are worth their money :) I'll let you know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice, @pygospa, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed. 🙂

I am interested in your considerations regarding the Hansesound Mediabooks when they arrive.

I'm not above double or even triple dipping on Price fliks!

Oh, did you by chance consider The Ninth Gate?

Highly recommended and the release I posted above, either from Nova or Kimchi, looks quite lovely. 🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

Oh, did you by chance consider The Ninth Gate?

Highly recommended and the release I posted above, either from Nova or Kimchi, looks quite lovely. 🥰

Yeah, I did, but I'll wait a while I guess. I was going through their other program (Nova) and didn't find anything to get with it; as the shipping is rather high I would like to split it up, to different titles. On the other hand, I spend too much money on blu-rays as it is, so maybe it's a good thing, that I cannot find anything else? :D I know the movie, I've seen it a while ago, but cannot remember too much of it, so I'd be happy to get it, though. I thought I had it on DVD as well, but I confused it with "From Hell" which I got on DVD. But yeh, would be fun watching it once more!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This topic really took a long off-topic turn. But alas, finally we can get back to topic as we have some news on this release! :)

Release: 31.08.2020 (pre-orders open!)

Link (Wicked Shop): Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price: 29,99

Quantity: Cover A: 222, Cover B: 444, Cover C : 333

110325467_2838512072919312_4121543294352068732_o.thumb.jpg.8f3575aa728f65900fc46a916fda5f15.jpg

Also important: This will not be a BD+DVD combo! They changed it to BD + Audio CD! So if you planed to get this because of the DVD, please don't! (maybe a moderator/admin can fix the title). The CD contains the "authorized expanded" 27-titles soundtrack of the movie. There is German dubbing plus original soundtrack on the movie, with both German and English subtitles on the movie, as well as German subtitles on the extras (presumably all in English). The 24-page booklet will probably be just in German (with an Essay by Christoph N. Kellerbach), on-disc extras include an introduction by Charles Band to the movie, the featurette "Behind The Pit & The Pendulum: The Inquisition of Stuart Gordon", bloopers, the Videozone that accompanied this movie on VHS, picture gallery and original trailers. cover B by Ralf Krauset and cover C by Timo Wuerz will again come with a autographed and personalized card, if you are amongst the first 111 people to pre-order directly from Wicked Vision (each), Cover a will have a limited card for the first 50 pre-orders.

For you international buyers that already own the Amaray-version that was released in the US and Canada, the only different in extras that I could find is the Introduction by Charles Band, which is probably new for this release. All other extras are shared with that release (and probably also with the UK release, but I couldn't find any informations on the extras for the UK release). Other than this releases there is also a french one in Amaray as well, with no listing of Extras on it's back. So if it's just the disk you are after, there are cheaper options, however none of them with that classy Wicked Vision packaging, and don't forget the "expanded version" of the soundtrack! :) 
For German customers this is an HD premiere.

What's your cover choice? This time for me it was pretty easy: Cover C! :)  (guess why :D ).

• Like 2

Spoiler
25 minutes ago, pygospa said:

This topic really took a long off-topic turn. But alas, finally we can get back to topic as we have some news on this release! :)

Release: 31.08.2020 (pre-orders open!)

Link (Wicked Shop): Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price: 29,99

Quantity: Cover A: 222, Cover B: 444, Cover C : 333

110325467_2838512072919312_4121543294352068732_o.thumb.jpg.8f3575aa728f65900fc46a916fda5f15.jpg

Also important: This will not be a BD+DVD combo! They changed it to BD + Audio CD! So if you planed to get this because of the DVD, please don't! (maybe a moderator/admin can fix the title). The CD contains the "authorized expanded" 27-titles soundtrack of the movie. There is German dubbing plus original soundtrack on the movie, with both German and English subtitles on the movie, as well as German subtitles on the extras (presumably all in English). The 24-page booklet will probably be just in German (with an Essay by Christoph N. Kellerbach), on-disc extras include an introduction by Charles Band to the movie, the featurette "Behind The Pit & The Pendulum: The Inquisition of Stuart Gordon", bloopers, the Videozone that accompanied this movie on VHS, picture gallery and original trailers. cover B by Ralf Krauset and cover C by Timo Wuerz will again come with a autographed and personalized card, if you are amongst the first 111 people to pre-order directly from Wicked Vision (each), Cover a will have a limited card for the first 50 pre-orders.

For you international buyers that already own the Amaray-version that was released in the US and Canada, the only different in extras that I could find is the Introduction by Charles Band, which is probably new for this release. All other extras are shared with that release (and probably also with the UK release, but I couldn't find any informations on the extras for the UK release). Other than this releases there is also a french one in Amaray as well, with no listing of Extras on it's back. So if it's just the disk you are after, there are cheaper options, however none of them with that classy Wicked Vision packaging, and don't forget the "expanded version" of the soundtrack! :) 
For German customers this is an HD premiere.

What's your cover choice? This time for me it was pretty easy: Cover C! :)  (guess why :D ).

🥤Hey @pygospa morning here,

Looks like it could be an interesting take IDK though (I do not believe I’ve seen this version though?🤔) on my favorite Vincent Price The Pit and the Pendulum!

I think I’d take cover “A” for me (guess why 😋). 😝 

🤠

• Like 2

Good Morning @pygospa, @Veum, @RAK and others 🙂;

Thanks again for posting very worthwhile info on this release Pygospa.

As Veum mentioned, the Corman/Price version is considered a verified classic but I've heard good things about this release, so I'll assuredly pick it up.

With a cast like;

- Lance Henrikson

- Jeffrey Combs, and

- Oliver #%*@ Reed!

I would suspect it is no less than watchable and hopefully very entertaining.

I'll no doubt go with Cover C, as that artwork is very unique and one I've not seen prior.

I'll place an order soon, probably Monday. 🙂

Just cruising through some of the posts above for a refresher, I'm reminded to do a cruise about to see what eds from Turbine are still available for the Universal critters.

I'm also curious Pygospa if any of those Hansesound Mediabooks arrived as yet?

Heh, I suspect if they had, you would have mentioned them, just curious.

I'll pop over to the "Sirene" (The Rift) Thread next.

Cheers.

edit: Oh, wanted to mention, the inclusion of an "audio CD" I find quite curious and am anxious to discover more of what it entails.

If it is essentially the OST, that would be great.

I don't recall the music but looking forward to hearing it.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Hey @Grendel, my forgetful friend :)

I'm also curious Pygospa if any of those Hansesound Mediabooks arrived as yet?

I did a typical writeup on both of them, and you actually commented on both of them ;) But no worries, I am rather forgetful myself, so I can totally sympathize with you :D 

edit: Oh, wanted to mention, the inclusion of an "audio CD" I find quite curious and am anxious to discover more of what it entails.

If it is essentially the OST, that would be great.

Sorry, if I wasn't too clear on that, but yes, basically it is the OST, but with more tracks, I guess - maybe unused songs?

8 hours ago, pygospa said:

The CD contains the "authorized expanded" 27-titles soundtrack of the movie.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening @pygospa, @Veum @RAK, @Hollywood E Rock and other Friends;  🙂

Just wanted to take a moment to mention that I placed an order this eve at Wicked Vision for the following;

- The Pit & The Pendulum (1991 remake) [Cover C]

The Pit and the Pendulum (Full Moon Collection No. 5) [Cover B, Limited to 333 units] incl. Soundtrack-CD

- The Rift (1990) [Cover B],

The Rift (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition Nr. 38) [Mediabook, Cover B, Limited to 444 units]

- The Cirio Santiago Book.

CIRIO H. SANTIAGO – UNKNOWN MASTER OF B-MOVIES

Very much looking forward to ALL of these.  🤩

I saw no mention of new Anolis '50s Sci-Fi titles as of yet but as Donovan's Brain hasn't even come in yet, I suppose it will be a while until Vol-3 of the new boxset is announced.

Of course, should you get wind of it @pygospa buddy, let us know.  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1