Dawn of the Dead (4K UHD/Bonus Blu-ray Boxset) [UK]

Release Date: October 26th, 2020

Price: 79.99 GBP

Purchase Link: ZAVVI

12590568-6334770480768879.jpg

Note:

Special Features:

UHD DISC 1: THE THEATRICAL CUT

• New 4K scan and restoration of the Original Camera Negative by Second Sight at Final Frame New York and London supervised and approved by DoP Michael Gornick
  • Presented in HDR10+
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono - New restoration of the original OCN Optical / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 
  • Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest
  • NEW commentary by Travis Crawford
  • New optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired

UHD DISC 2 – THE EXTENDED (‘CANNES’) CUT

• Produced using 4K scan of the Theatrical Cut Original Camera Negative and 4K scan of the Extended Cut Colour Reversal Internegative
  • Presented in HDR10+
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono
  • Commentary by Richard P Rubinstein

UHD DISC 3 – THE ARGENTO CUT

• 4K scan of the Interpositive by Michele De Angelis at Backlight Digital, Rome 
  • Audio: DT-HD Master Audio Mono 1.0 / Surround 5.1 / Stereo 2.0
  • Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, David Emge

BLU-RAY DISC 4: SPECIAL FEATURES

• NEW Zombies and Bikers
  • With John Amplas, Roy Frumkes, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest, Tom Dubensky, Tony Buba, Taso Stavrakis and a whole host of zombies and bikers! (59 mins)
  • NEW Memories of Monroeville
  • A tour of the mall with Michael Gornick, Tom Savini, Tom Dubensky and Taso Stavrakis (34 mins)
  • NEW Raising the Dead: The Production Logistics 
  • With Michael Gornick, Christine Forrest, John Amplas, Tom Dubensky (23 mins)
  • NEW The FX of Dawn with Tom Savini (13 mins)
  • NEW Dummies! Dummies! – An interview with Richard France (12 mins)
  • NEW The Lost Romero Dawn Interview: previously unreleased archive interview (20 mins)
  • Super 8 Mall Footage by zombie extra Ralph Langer with option of archive commentary by Robert Langer and new commentary by Ralph Langer (13 mins)
  • Document of the Dead: The Original Cut with optional commentary by Roy Frumkes (66 mins)
  • Document of the Dead: The Definitive Cut (100 mins)
  • The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary (80 mins)
  • Trailers, TV and Radio Spots (TBC)

LIMITED EDTION CONTENTS

AUDIO CD DISC 1

• The Goblin Soundtrack – 17 tracks including Alternate and Bonus Tracks

AUDIO CD DISC 2

• The Complete De Wolfe library Cues Part 1

AUDIO CD DISC 3

• The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 2
  • Rigid box with lid featuring the original iconic artwork
  • 2 inner digipaks 
  • 150 page hardback book featuring 16 new essays, archive article, archive George A Romero interview and rare Behind-The-Scenes stills
  • Dawn of the Dead: The novelisation book by George A Romero and Susanna Sparrow with exclusive artwork
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, RAK said:

How come you ordered both versions. There the same with the exception of ones 4K, and the other is just Blu-Ray?

At the time of preorder i didnt have a full 4k set up yet so i grabbed both just to be on the safe side. Now i will have an extra bluray copy just in case. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Uh ok!

So how should I proceed? (forgive me, it's the first time I use the thread for purchase), I make a request on that thread for 1 copy?

update: I'm reading the Info And question thread..   see if I can work it out

Edited by Slask

7 minutes ago, Slask said:

Ok, thank you very much. One last thing, where can I find a summary of all the costs added to the item's price?
For example, this box I want costs £ 79.99, how much I can expect to be the total sum for the GB?

There is no such summary. This GB is managed by a Hub Master @blu.steel33 who places orders for members and then invoices them for the item, adding to that MP fees (cost of shipping materials) and shipping cost which naturally varies, depending on country.

We have no way of giving an exact estimate so it’s up to each member to do the maths, more or less.

• Thanks 1

Alright..

I suppose I should count the boxset price + shipping costs from SecondSight store + GB fee + deposit + shipping costs for the destination + Paypal fees...  
Problem is I don't know if I can afford it, so I wanted to be sure before confirming the GB. Anyway, thanks for the help and for the patience.

Edited by Slask
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to somewhere post a group buy directly for second sight? Or is anyone from Britain willing to get me one from second sight and forward it to me? I actually wanted to get this via amazon.co.uk, but then I was in hospital and afterwards I totally forgot about this release -.- Checking the sites, it seems like everyone that was sending to Germany is not having this in stock anymore, and resellers are asking far too high prices (~150GBP). However, Second Sight still has this in stock for original price.

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/products/dawn-of-the-dead-limited-edition-4k-uhd