IGNORED

Prefix-HDZeta The Hobbit Trilogy (HDZeta Silver Label Exclusive #??) (WWA 4K UHD Only Steelbook) [China]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I about had a heart attack on this one! I somehow didn't follow this thread and I didn't see the GB notice. I said a few choice words in panic as I frantically searched the closed Hobbit GB list for my name. It was there. Sigh of relief. I must have signed up for Hobbit the same time I did LOTR.

One major crisis averted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Awards

7 minutes ago, WesternBronco said:

I about had a heart attack on this one! I somehow didn't follow this thread and I didn't see the GB notice. I said a few choice words in panic as I frantically searched the closed Hobbit GB list for my name. It was there. Sigh of relief. I must have signed up for Hobbit the same time I did LOTR.

Now go make sure you're actually signed up for LotR

• Haha 6

Just now, Intentcoin said:

Now go make sure you're actually signed up for LotR

That was the first GB of the two that I signed up for:). I KNOW that one is fine. I was just curious about Hobbit beauty shots so I discover, to my horror, that the Hobbit GB was .... "closed." @$!#&^! Never again...

It did surprise me that Hobbit was closed. I suppose the powers that be know that it's gonna be really limited. No sense leaving disappointed members out to dry. I'm too lazy to compare both GBs to see how many members in common there are.

• Like 1
Awards

Spoiler
36 minutes ago, WesternBronco said:

star trek slapping GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, gojimadocta said:

Oh shooooottt when did this close? I got in on the LotR set but missed this one 😔

Somehow thought beauty shots were going to be released first...

My assumption is that the LOTR GB was WAY oversubscribed and so at least 1/3 of the buyers won't get a copy. To avoid the same disappointment for Hobitt MP closed the GB. It kinda looks like MP is expecting no more then 150 copies of LOTR/Hobbit for its members.

Another factor is that MP plans to give first priority to members who buy BOTH titles. This "might" mean that they could reopen the Hobbit GB to those who aren't on it already and were successful in getting a LOTR steel. All we can do is wait and see.

• Thanks 2
Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, gojimadocta said:

Oh shooooottt when did this close? I got in on the LotR set but missed this one 😔

Somehow thought beauty shots were going to be released first...

I posted twice in this thread on the 8th of March that both GBs were likely to close and that members should check they are on both GBs, if that is what they wanted.

I warned then that the GBs appeared to be massively oversubscribed and waiting for the beauty shots was not a good idea.

I also reminded folks about this, in the I&Q topic/thread on the 12th of March. 

It was still another week or more before both GBs actually closed. With Hobbit actually still being open for about a day after LotR. 

Can't see what more we (MP) could have done. 

• Like 12

I'm gonna make some guesswork here on the art for those silver front slips. Since they went with a more landscapish shots for LotR, I'm assuming they wil be doing the same with the hobbit. Here's some posters I found that could fit the bill:

An Unexpected Journey

officialhobbitposter_228x338-ashx.jpg.d908a31fea8ed459e2c0aac28d5510c1.jpghobbit.thumb.jpg.8d0cbab2a09ea8109542cad51620ba37.jpg

The Desolation of Smaug

51S4EO1pKEL._AC_.jpg.f6dea0ad2d9546d6555eaefc62de1502.jpgthe-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-poster-30.thumb.jpg.2df599a7af485bcf0baeaa544e0bf9c4.jpg

The Battle of the Five Armies

the_hobbit__the_battle_of_the_five_armies_poster_by_camw1n_d7h1xxo-fullview.thumb.jpg.5b84088aae8c7718f92aad390b7a82d4.jpg71rSBbxwOeL._AC_SL1015_.thumb.jpg.a24301d6566838c84191df15a8d3d632.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, ThereIsNoooSpoon said:

I'm gonna make some guesswork here on the art for those silver front slips. Since they went with a more landscapish shots for LotR, I'm assuming they wil be doing the same with the hobbit. Here's some posters I found that could fit the bill:

An Unexpected Journey

officialhobbitposter_228x338-ashx.jpg.d908a31fea8ed459e2c0aac28d5510c1.jpghobbit.thumb.jpg.8d0cbab2a09ea8109542cad51620ba37.jpg

The Desolation of Smaug

51S4EO1pKEL._AC_.jpg.f6dea0ad2d9546d6555eaefc62de1502.jpgthe-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-poster-30.thumb.jpg.2df599a7af485bcf0baeaa544e0bf9c4.jpg

the_hobbit__the_battle_of_the_five_armies_poster_by_camw1n_d7h1xxo-fullview.thumb.jpg.5b84088aae8c7718f92aad390b7a82d4.jpg71rSBbxwOeL._AC_SL1015_.thumb.jpg.a24301d6566838c84191df15a8d3d632.jpg

🥤Hey @ThereIsNoooSpoon, thank you very much for this, these are beautiful & definitely would love to have any of them 🙏:)...

Has got me pretty...

Excited Family Guy GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ThereIsNoooSpoon said:

I'm gonna make some guesswork here on the art for those silver front slips. Since they went with a more landscapish shots for LotR, I'm assuming they wil be doing the same with the hobbit. Here's some posters I found that could fit the billl.

71rSBbxwOeL._AC_SL1015_.thumb.jpg.a24301d6566838c84191df15a8d3d632.jpg

I love this shot! I have this steelbook. It's one of my favorite covers. A lenti could be awesome!

• Like 2
Awards

1 minute ago, WesternBronco said:

I love this shot! I have this steelbook. It's one of my favorite covers. A lenti could be awesome!

🥤Yeah @WesternBronco, I love all six of those shots and any of them would be a winner in my book for a beauty of a lenti! 👊

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, Horrorman1 said:

This is not true that MP gave first priority to members who buy BOTH titles LOTR and Hobbit.

@Horrorman1 The LOTR I&Q thread explains the selection process in great detail. Tier was given priority and then members who signed up for both after that, as many as we could manage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 9 minutes, Horrorman1 a dit :

This is not true that MP gave first priority to members who buy BOTH titles LOTR and Hobbit.

Wow woww wow...

listen to me carefully,

you keep moaning and you tire me seriously .. always asking where is my copy when it will be sent and harassing each staff member by private message even if it means asking me in private if you could have a second  copy to this GB.  while you are already on the final list .. and there you continue to come and post a little unpleasant message .. yes we have favored the members registered on the TWO GROUPBUY and FOLLOWING THE MEMBERSHIP of its members !!  

So now stop coming and posting your bullshit and just try to figure out what we're explaining.  now there will never be a decision without some members crying.  

it is obvious.  

we do our best and that in all cases.

and believe me my friend continue like this and you will go and see if it's better elsewhere.  ;)

• Like 25

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Benoit46:

Wow woww wow...

listen to me carefully,

you keep moaning and you tire me seriously .. always asking where is my copy when it will be sent and harassing each staff member by private message even if it means asking me in private if you could have a second  copy to this GB.  while you are already on the final list .. and there you continue to come and post a little unpleasant message .. yes we have favored the members registered on the TWO GROUPBUY and FOLLOWING THE MEMBERSHIP of its members !!  

So now stop coming and posting your bullshit and just try to figure out what we're explaining.  now there will never be a decision without some members crying.  

it is obvious.  

we do our best and that in all cases.

and believe me my friend continue like this and you will go and see if it's better elsewhere.  ;)

Hello community!

Benoit's annoyance is understandable.

Although I only joined MP in 2020, I am glad to have found this safe haven for the serious fanatic  of premium editions.

Even when I had many questions at the beginning, the Staff always answered with the greatest possible courtesy, friendliness and a helpful effort.

Above all, however, I can REPORT FROM THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE AT MP, that if you carefully observe the threads available for the respective editions (release thread, questions & info thread) - and not least the "follow content" function of the topic "Release News, Beauty Shots, Group Buys & Info" activated (and thus receives immediate email notifications in the event of new information from the staff), it is actually hardly possible to seriously miss a coveted group buy - if You have time to follow it (if occasionally not - something else was more important - and in this case - that's life).

And that the accusation,that important release informations or GB-Closure warnings come too late would be just as accurate as criticizing the light that it was particularly slow again today ... because if something applies to MP then this: "See it first at Media Psychos".

By the way - the author of this message could write it with the broad, satisfied grin, that he was lucky enough to appear on the final list for both "LOTR" and "Hobbit" - even without TIER membership... 😎 - nevertheless, this spiteful chap will try to succeed in the next hunt for tiered membership - not just because it increases the chances of group buys [wasn't it Gordon Gecko who said: "I would never give preference to such low motives. .."? ... ehem, oh Shi ... he used a quite ifferent quote] - but seriously - life is not just taking but also giving - and the acquisition of tiered membership (at least if you are to be counted among the community members, that are so lucky to call a full wallet their own) supports a great place for all of us; a place for lively intellectual (or insane...) exchange among like-minded people - and a place without wich many members would simply have no chance at all to get the coveted treasures at acceptable prices - and not to forget - the staff does not consist of damn robots, but of people who sacrifice large parts of their free time to make all of this possible. - for us. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

As said above, we are all grateful to MP for all the hard work done for us collectors🙏
Of course we all know the rules, and we all certainly have very good reasons to have missed this GB, so as apparently I am not the only clumsy one, it would be «interesting» to know how many of the famous 24 members are extremely disappointed to have only half of these great editions.

And at the same time to ask if there is still a chance to catch our mistake or to accept that sh*t really happens🥲

25C57A99-85CD-4A04-A875-E8748F114872.gif.5c5501b1d474d8a2a418b1c6ea163912.gif
Thanks MP team🖖

C'est justement parce que j'ai attendu trop longtemps les beauty shots du Hobbit et je ne suis donc inscrit que sur le GB lotr.

Alors comme apparemment je ne suis pas le seul, j'aurais voulu savoir s'il nous restait une toute petite chance de pouvoir compléter la saga, même si je n'y crois pas trop🤗

• ★ Administrators ★
il y a 1 minute, Limited Edition a dit :

C'est justement parce que j'ai attendu trop longtemps les beauty shots du Hobbit et je ne suis donc inscrit que sur le GB lotr.

Alors comme apparemment je ne suis pas le seul, j'aurais voulu savoir s'il nous restait une toute petite chance de pouvoir compléter la saga, même si je n'y crois pas trop🤗

Non pour le moment et à mon avis jusqu'au expédition il n'y aura aucun moyen d'obtenir une copie via GB

Le peu de copies disponibles hors GB seront ou pas mis en vente au bénéfice de MP par Masterblaster.

Malheureusement c'est le jeu mais sur une édition Silver HDZETA limitée généralement à 400/500 exemplaire quand on voit les inscriptions grossir et passer les 200 inscriptions, il est plus judicieux de s'inscrire quitte à revendre après que de passer à côté  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1