Veum

TV News

Anne Rice’s '‘Vampire Chronicles’' (AMC)

Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles,’ ‘Lives of the Mayfair Witches’ Rights Land at AMC

image.jpeg.83d1b4be97dadac86531412c31491eef.jpeg

Quote:
AMC Networks has acquired the rights to Anne Rice’s best-selling book series “The Vampire Chronicles” and “The Lives of the Mayfair Witches,” Variety has learned exclusively.

AMC now holds the comprehensive rights for the much sought-after intellectual property and will develop film and television projects for its own television networks and streaming services under the AMC Studios umbrella as well as external partner licensing. Anne Rice and her son Christopher Rice will serve as executive producers on all series and films developed under the deal.

Rolin Jones, who recently signed an overall development deal with AMC Studios, will be directly involved in developing projects based on the Rice catalog for television. The deal encompasses 18 titles between the two book series, which together have sold more than 150 million copies worldwide. Among the books in the two series are “Interview with the Vampire,” “Queen of the Damned,” “The Vampire Lestat,” and “The Witching Hour.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/vam...ce-1234605490/

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

SNOWPIERCER

SUNDAY 5/17/20 TNT PREMIERE

🚨 

*SPOILER*

DO NOT READ if you do not want to know a snippet of the 1st. Episode,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 😂 

flashing lights sirens GIF by SundanceNOW DocClub

”FIRST THE WEATHER CHANGED” 

Spoiler

A GRISLY MURDER STOKES CLASS DIVISION ON SNOWPIERCER, THE GREAT ARK TRAIN; MELANIE CAVILL, THE POWERFUL HEAD OF HOSPITALITY, DEPUTIZES A DANGEROUS REBEL TO HELP SOLVE THE KILLING — ANDRE LAYTON, THE WORLD’S ONLY SURVIVING HOMICIDE DETECTIVE.

• Like 1

Ken Osmond Dies: Actor Who Played Eddie Haskell On ‘Leave It To Beaver’ Was 76

RIP EDDIE HASKELL🙏 😞  you will be well missed as I enjoyed you so much on Leave It to Beaver you were extremely funny & entertaining!😇

image.jpeg.3cdd7d6c55d0ae35488a37e54a11aa1a.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Grendel said:

^^ Hey @Scary Hair; (see above)

How's the Snowpiercer series shaping up?

I'd appreciate your thoughts as well @Veum 🙂

@Grendel

When/if I get to it on my TV 📺 queue LOL 😆 

Lots in front of it at the moment!😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Hey @Scary Hair; (see above)

How's the Snowpiercer series shaping up?

I'd appreciate your thoughts as well @Veum 🙂

UK we have to wait for it .

Kai said that Netflix here will show 2 episodes on the 25th .

There was I ready Hungry Lets Eat GIF by TikTok and empty GIF

I have waited THIS LONG so I'll live .

THE GREAT news is at LONG LAST THE UK HAS ITS OWN Snowpiercer Blu Ray incoming on the 25th of May so 

Chris Evans GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

• Thanks 1

🥤Oh please be a good series YES, YES (& have a very attractive actress like my love Noomi please!) 😍 

image.jpeg.3dd266fd35c40b7411ca9f4b3315ed43.jpeg

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’: Lisbeth Salander standalone TV series (Amazon)

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’: Lisbeth Salander standalone TV series in the works at Amazon.

%7B6931FEB4-4CE2-4A3C-A434-3DB778A1C594%

Quote:

Amazon is developing a series centered on Lisbeth Salander, the character created by Stieg Larsson for the so-called Millenium books.

The project, which is currently titled “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” will not be a sequel or continuation of the story from the books or the films into which they were adapted. It will instead take Salander and place her in today’s world with a wholly new setting, new characters, and a new story.

No writer or lead actress is currently attached to the series. Andy Harries, founder and CEO of Left Bank Pictures, will executive produce along with Rob Bullock. Amazon Studios and Left Bank will produce in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Harries’ extensive list of past executive producer credits include “Quiz,” “The Crown” “Strike Back,” and “Outlander.” Bullock was also an executive producer on “Strike Back” as well as the YouTube series “Origin.” He has also produced shows like “The Night Manager” and “Wild at Heart.”

Salander is the primary character of the Millennium book series, of which Larsson had completed three before his death — “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” “The Girl Who Played With Fire,” and “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest.” David Lagercrantz then took over writing for the characters, publishing the books ” The Girl in the Spider’s Web,” “The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye,” and “The Girl Who Lived Twice.” The books have sold more than 100 million copies combined worldwide.

Salander has also been portrayed by multiple actresses onscreen in the past. In the Swedish film trilogy based on the first three books, she is played by Noomi Rapace as an adult and by Tehilla Blad as a child. Rooney Mara then played her in the 2011 American adaptation of “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” while Claire Foy played her in the 2018 film adaptation of “The Girl in the Spider’s Web.”

‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’: Lisbeth Salander Standalone TV Series in the Works at Amazon (EXCLUSIVE)