• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

‘Orphan Black’ Sequel a Go at AMC Networks

OB5-FIRST-LOOK8-H-2022.jpg?w=681&h=383&c

The world of Orphan Black is expanding, some five years after the original series left the air.

AMC Networks has greenlit a new series, Orphan Black: Echoes, that’s set in the same fictional world as the BBC America cult favorite that ran from 2013-17. The series, set to debut in 2023 on AMC+ and the company’s linear networks, comes from writer and showrunner Anna Fishko (Pieces of Her) and Boat Rocker, whose Temple Street Productions produced the original series. Orphan Black co-creator John Fawcett is also on board as executive producer and director.

Echoes is set in the near future and will take “a deep dive into the exploration of the scientific manipulation of human existence,” per AMC’s description. The new series will follow a group of women who work their way into each other’s lives unravel the mystery of their identity and uncover a wrenching story of love and betrayal. AMC Networks announced the project in 2019, and Fishko — whose credits also include AMC’s Fear the Walking Dead and Netflix’s The Society — came aboard in February.

“Orphan Black had a remarkable run on BBC America, attracting millions of dedicated and highly engaged fans, captivated by a smart and engrossing story and a star-making and Emmy-winning performance by Tatiana Maslany,” said AMC Studios and AMC Networks entertainment president Dan McDermott. “We can’t wait to dive back in with Anna, John and our partners at Boat Rocker and deliver an all-new version of this rich world that is worthy of the Clone Club.”

Said Fishko, “I am thrilled to begin this new chapter in the world of Orphan Black. Creating a story that embraces the legacy of the original show has been so gratifying, and I’m excited for audiences to embark on a new journey that explores the big questions of what makes us who we are. I’m incredibly lucky to have such supportive partners in Boat Rocker, John Fawcett and AMC, and can’t wait to introduce audiences old and new to the next installment of this beloved story.”

Orphan Black premiered on BBC America in March 2013 and ran for five seasons, with Maslany winning an Emmy in 2016 for her breakout role(s). Its first season won a Peabody Award.

“Embarking on a new saga of Orphan Black with Anna, our partners at Boat Rocker, and AMC could not be more exciting,” said Fawcett. “For all our dedicated OB fans out there, I am thrilled that we can bring this new chapter to them. Without our fans, this new show certainly wouldn’t exist and for that I am deeply grateful. I can’t wait to ‘follow the crazy science’ for them.”

Added Boat Rocker Media co-executive chairmen and Boat Rocker Studios co-chairmen David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg, “We started our journey down the Orphan Black rabbit hole when Sarah Manning watched Beth Childs inexplicably jump in front of an oncoming train. Since then, a passionate fandom has joined us for a wildly entertaining ride. We’re delighted to be partnering with AMC and Anna Fishko and joining forces again with John Fawcett, to boldly re-enter the Orphan Black universe. Once again, we welcome Clone Club along for the ride and look forward to adventuresome new fans taking the leap.”

Fishko and Fawcett will executive produce Orphan Black: Echoes with Fortier and Schneeberg (who also exec produced the original) and Boat Rocker’s Katie O’Connell Marsh, Nick Nantell, and Kerry Appleyard.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Veum said:

Secuela de 'Orphan Black' a prueba en AMC Networks El mundo de Orphan Black se está expandiendo, unos cinco años después de que la serie original saliera del aire. AMC Networks ha dado luz verde a una nueva serie, Orphan Black: Echoes, que está ambientada en el mismo mundo ficticio que el favorito de culto de BBC America que se desarrolló entre 2013 y 2017. La serie, que debutará en 2023 en AMC+ y las redes lineales de la compañía, proviene de la escritora y showrunner Anna Fishko (Pieces of Her) y Boat Rocker, cuya Temple Street Productions produjo la serie original. El co-creador de Orphan Black, John Fawcett, también está a bordo como productor ejecutivo y director.

OB5-FIRST-LOOK8-H-2022.jpg?w=681&h=383&c

Echoes se desarrolla en un futuro cercano y se sumergirá "profundamente en la exploración de la manipulación científica de la existencia humana", según la descripción de AMC. La nueva serie seguirá a un grupo de mujeres que se abren camino en la vida de las demás para desentrañar el misterio de su identidad y descubrir una desgarradora historia de amor y traición. AMC Networks anunció el proyecto en 2019, y Fishko, cuyos créditos también incluyen Fear the Walking Dead de AMC y The Society de Netflix, se incorporó en febrero.

“Orphan Black tuvo una carrera notable en BBC America, atrayendo a millones de fanáticos dedicados y altamente comprometidos, cautivados por una historia inteligente y fascinante y una actuación estelar y ganadora de un Emmy de Tatiana Maslany”, dijo el presidente de entretenimiento de AMC Studios y AMC Networks. Dan McDermott. “Estamos ansiosos por volver a sumergirnos con Anna, John y nuestros socios en Boat Rocker y ofrecer una versión completamente nueva de este rico mundo que es digno del Clone Club”.

Fishko dijo: “Estoy encantado de comenzar este nuevo capítulo en el mundo de Orphan Black. Ha sido muy gratificante crear una historia que abarque el legado del programa original, y estoy emocionado de que el público se embarque en un nuevo viaje que explora las grandes preguntas de lo que nos hace ser quienes somos. Soy increíblemente afortunado de tener socios tan solidarios en Boat Rocker, John Fawcett y AMC, y no puedo esperar para presentarle al público antiguo y nuevo la próxima entrega de esta querida historia”.

Orphan Black se estrenó en BBC America en marzo de 2013 y estuvo al aire durante cinco temporadas, y Maslany ganó un Emmy en 2016 por su(s) papel(es) destacado(s). Su primera temporada ganó un premio Peabody.

“Embarcarse en una nueva saga de Orphan Black con Anna, nuestros socios en Boat Rocker y AMC no podría ser más emocionante”, dijo Fawcett. “Para todos nuestros fanáticos dedicados de OB, estoy encantado de que podamos traerles este nuevo capítulo. Sin nuestros fanáticos, este nuevo espectáculo ciertamente no existiría y por eso estoy profundamente agradecido. No puedo esperar para 'seguir la ciencia loca' por ellos”.

Los copresidentes ejecutivos de Boat Rocker Media y los copresidentes de Boat Rocker Studios, David Fortier e Ivan Schneeberg, agregaron: “Comenzamos nuestro viaje por la madriguera del conejo de Orphan Black cuando Sarah Manning vio a Beth Childs inexplicablemente saltar frente a un tren que se aproximaba. Desde entonces, un fanático apasionado se ha unido a nosotros para un viaje tremendamente entretenido. Estamos encantados de asociarnos con AMC y Anna Fishko y unir fuerzas nuevamente con John Fawcett, para volver a entrar con valentía en el universo de Orphan Black. Una vez más, damos la bienvenida a Clone Club y esperamos que los nuevos fanáticos aventureros den el salto”.

Fishko y Fawcett serán los productores ejecutivos de Orphan Black: Echoes con Fortier y Schneeberg (que también produjeron el original) y Katie O'Connell Marsh, Nick Nantell y Kerry Appleyard de Boat Rocker.

I loved Orphan Black, one of my favorite series 😍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 7:35 PM, Veum said:

Anne Rice’s '‘Vampire Chronicles’' (AMC)

Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles,’ ‘Lives of the Mayfair Witches’ Rights Land at AMC

image.jpeg.83d1b4be97dadac86531412c31491eef.jpeg

Quote:
AMC Networks has acquired the rights to Anne Rice’s best-selling book series “The Vampire Chronicles” and “The Lives of the Mayfair Witches,” Variety has learned exclusively.

AMC now holds the comprehensive rights for the much sought-after intellectual property and will develop film and television projects for its own television networks and streaming services under the AMC Studios umbrella as well as external partner licensing. Anne Rice and her son Christopher Rice will serve as executive producers on all series and films developed under the deal.

Rolin Jones, who recently signed an overall development deal with AMC Studios, will be directly involved in developing projects based on the Rice catalog for television. The deal encompasses 18 titles between the two book series, which together have sold more than 150 million copies worldwide. Among the books in the two series are “Interview with the Vampire,” “Queen of the Damned,” “The Vampire Lestat,” and “The Witching Hour.”

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/vam...ce-1234605490/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Administrators ★
58 minutes ago, Veum said:

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series [Collector's Edition]

Pre-order $151.98

The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series - July 12, 2022

uenJSBY.gif

take my money shout factory, just take it. 

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Edited by Gary K
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gary K said:

Pretty cool news about Mary Elizabeth Winstead being involved in Ahsoka. Really looking forward to The Acolyte, too. I'm glad to see they're more fully embracing the universe of Star Wars outside the Skywalker family (although I'm excited to see Obi-Wan, too!)

• Like 1

I am super-excited for the new season of Stranger Things to get started. Sounds like we're going to get a lot of story this season!

We’ve been waiting a long time for the fourth season of Stranger Things, and the Duffer Brothers are rewarding our patience with many, many hours of content. Specifically, Matt Duffer told The Wrap, “Seven and nine in particular are movies. And nine is a long movie.”

Considering the rest of the episodes are already reportedly around an hour and fifteen minutes, we can only imagine that the longer ones are approaching Marvel movie length. Ross Duffer confirmed as much regarding the finale, admitting: “We’re still refining it but we will say that it is over two hours. It’s a big one.”

This is after they had already added an extra episode to the season order, Matt explained to The Wrap. He said, “The more we were writing, the more we realized we need more time in order for these reveals to land, in order for these storylines to work. Partway through we knew we needed to ask Netflix for nine episodes instead of eight and as we started shooting we realized, Oh these are mega-long episodes.”

https://www.avclub.com/stranger-things-season-4-movie-length-episodes-1848945627

• Like 2

Netflix is bringing back Iron Chef! My wife and I were both addicted to Iron Chef America, and even rewatch the occasional episode on Discovery+, so I find this news absolutely wonderful. Weird that Netflix is the one to reboot it instead of Food Network, but whatever, I'll take it. And it starts next month!

https://ew.com/tv/meet-the-new-iron-chefs-netflix-reboot/

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 1