IGNORED

Flash Gordon - 40th Anniversary (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [UK]

Scary Hair

Flash Gordon (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray ) (40th Anniversary Collectors Edition 5 Disks ) [UK]

Realease Date: TBA 

Price: £49.99

Purchase Link: Amazon UK ZAVVI

12564828-2124766520293322.jpg

913OO3MEBqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Extras:

Collector’s Edition :

● New Lost in Space: Nic Roeg’s Flash Gordon

● Audio commentary with Mike Hodges

● Audio commentary with Brian Blessed

● Behind the scenes of Flash Gordon

● Stills gallery

● Storyboards gallery

● Original theatrical trailer

● Interview with Mike Hodges

● Interview with comic book artist Alex Ross

● Interview with screenwriter Lorenzo Semple, Jr.

● Episode 24 of Flash Gordon (1979-1982): The Survival Game / Gremlin’s Finest Hour

● Sam Jones’s acting start

● Entertainment Earth on Flash Gordon merchandise

● Bob Lindenmayer discussed deleted scenes and original endings

● 35 th Anniversary Greenroom

● 35 th Anniversary reunion featurette

● Renato Casaro extended interview

● Brian Blessed anecdotes

● Melody’s musings on the soundtrack

● The UHD and 2 Blu-ray discs

● Bonus Blu-Ray Disc of LIFE AFTER FLASH

● Soundtrack

● 32 page booklet

● 16 page Titan mini book (The Story of Flash Gordon)

● Reproduced booklet of the first strip of original comic books

● Poster of original artwork

Edited by ShadowWarrior
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Flash Gordon (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray) (40th Anniversary Collectors Edition 5 Disks) [UK]
1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Veum when I was young I really liked the movie, then after some time I though

😅

6bBa.gifgiphy.gif

but when I saw on BD a few years back it was okay again.

giphy.gif

I know it Is one of those that is SO BAD ITS GOOD 

queen flash GIF

I  can remember watching the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon cliff hanger ending black and white on BBC 2 on the Saturday morning .

YES A GUILTY PLEASURE IF EVER THERE WAS ONE

flash gordon GIF by Maudit 

• Haha 4

Just now, Grendel said:

Oh, should have mentioned @Scary Hair, I too have the old Buster Crabbe Serials on dvd, as I grew up with those.

LOVE 'EM! 🤗

It was the highlight of the weekend back then . The cliff hanger ending to this day week to week have never been matched .

Each one chewing your nails up to the elbows as the impending doom was left to be viewed next episode stressed sylvester the cat GIF

This is a true cracking collectors set and of Late with the slips and goodies Zavvi have upped tire game .

ALSO 1p under £50 is I feel a fair price for this amount of care taken with a total cult well loved iconic film .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

GORDON’S ALIVE in 4K!

Gorgeous looking set prepared by Studio Canal for UK market is the best option from all that are prepared for the release of Flash Gordon in 4K. This edition has the biggest variety of disc and goodies compared to other countries, so watch out what you are buying as it may not be the same.

Digipack is stocked in very nice rigid hard box that reminds me of limited Arrow releases, however this is more glossy and some elements of it have holofoil effect. Size of it is similar to hard box sets from FilmArena, but little bit thinner. For protection I used pet sleeves aimed for that, so I have a gap around amaray width. Edition consists of 5 discs, film on 4K and BD as well as special features and future length new documentary – Life After Flash. Last disc is CD Queen Soundtrack.

This edition feels like premium and it is for those who remember old school collector’s edition from the past (ex. Troy Ultimate Collector’s Edition on DVD). Fantastic package with posters, artcards, booklets gives an impression that producers wanted to celebrate anniversary with this release. Collector’s booklet and minibook are nice however comic book strip is so small that it’s hard to have fun with reading it. It’s so spectacular set that I miss only some kind of letter from the cast or crew with foreword or something like that – about their feelings how it looks in 4K after so many years.

Great job, Studio Canal – I am hungry for more treatment like this! See you with the new video!

https://youtu.be/d3nNlOjiVz0

• Like 2

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Flash Gordon - 40th Anniversary (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [UK]