IGNORED

Cine Museum The Goonies (Cine Museum Exclusive #03) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Italy]

31 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

You did not order through our GB, correct? Those go out after GB copies.

Two boxes sent from CM to our UK HUB over a month ago never made it there (nice postal system you got there UK 😜) and were returned to CM, who have now re-shipped them. Hopefully won't be too long now.

I was in the GB well I got in after it reopened luckily.

I don’t mind waiting doesn’t really bother me. That sucks but nothing surprises me with the UK.

Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, deckard99 said:

You did not order through our GB, correct? Those go out after GB copies.

Two boxes sent from CM to our UK HUB over a month ago never made it there (nice postal system you got there UK 😜) and were returned to CM, who have now re-shipped them. Hopefully won't be too long now.

Thank you for the update,  I honestly don't mind waiting, i just couldn't resist poking some fun at cinemuseum 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened my Boxset and it’s just superb 😊 letting is sharp(clarity and depth) the spot gloss and bossing treatment is minimal but very classy. In love with this release worth the time waiting and money well spent on a high quality item. Here are some pics while I was opening everything but I am no expert so picture might not do it justice.

thank you soooo much @Masterblaster @Count Dantes and all involved in the group buy :)

5B768B98-2D61-40AD-BEA7-88240526A124.jpeg

D4794402-80D0-407E-A127-1F8375F6CC85.jpeg

D245DC21-8436-425D-8764-24209A87E129.jpeg

186C5FB7-4625-419D-A9DC-C829D6BC4CE6.jpeg

C1462DF0-B59A-4EAC-BDB6-2A969CB7110E.jpeg

15DDBFB5-75C8-432A-97B6-C2450E359448.jpeg

A5410E33-1A08-4F4E-A1C4-D5AA7E8C3DD3.jpeg

A1AFD919-9F3C-43F1-8D82-50AAC3283728.jpeg

641EFC46-12BE-4B0B-96E3-E84A3B3CACBA.jpeg

6AD1B371-8C15-48BA-B51B-A4E514479CB6.jpeg

Edited by LectroluvIV
  • Like 19

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you interested, here is a nice review of the 4K UHD 35th anniversary Disc;

The Goonies was shot on 35 mm photochemical film using Panavision cameras and anamorphic lenses. It was finished on film at the 2.39:1 aspect ratio for theatrical exhibition. For its 35th anniversary Ultra HD release, Warner has scanned the original camera negative in 4K to create a new Digital Intermediate and graded the color for high dynamic range (available here in HDR10). The resulting image is very good looking overall. Fine detail and surface texturing are strong—and pretty dramatically improved over the previous Blu-ray—save for some of the opticals and occasional shots exhibiting soft focus (or anamorphic softness around the edges of the frame). Film grain is light-medium and organic looking. Colors are accurate and bit more vivid, with added 10-bit nuance. The expanded contrast offers deep black shadows with enhanced detail in most shots, though occasionally they look a little gray. Highlights are bolder, which is especially effective given the film’s exterior overcast skies (not to mention lantern light, water reflections, and the aforementioned treasure). All in all, this is a nice presentation that certainly represents the film looking better than ever.

The 4K disc includes a lossless English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio encode that’s improved yet similar in quality to the 5.1 Dolby TrueHD mix found on the previous 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray release from 2010. The soundstage is big and wide across the front, with the surrounds used mostly for music and atmospheric fill. There are some nice panning and directional effects, but they tend to be more subtle. Dialogue is clean and clear, while the music and score are presented with excellent fidelity. The overall tonal quality is full, with a solid foundation of low end, though the mix still retains much of its original stereo character.

There are no extras on the 4K disc itself, though the package also includes 2010 Blu-ray release. (Note that this disc is definitely not mastered from the new 4K scan.) 

• Thanks 4

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...