IGNORED

Schloss des Schreckens (OT. The Innocents) (Capelight) (BD/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release : 09.04.2020

Link Capelight-Shop

Price : €18,95

4042564190823.thumb.jpg.2f1a08c4a9bc8767c7e985d65fd1306d.jpg

For their current release, Capelight dug really far into the movie archives: The Innocents is a 1961 black-and-white psychological horror movie from Great Britain that was directed and produced by Jack Clayton and was excellently filmed by no other than Freddie Francis, who would later become a stable director for Amicus and Hammer, directing such movies as "Evil of Frankenstein", "Dr. Terror's House of Horrors", "Dracula Has Risen from the Grave" or "Tales that Witness Madness". It stars Deborah Kerr (6-times Oscar nominee - world record for nominations without winning), Michael Redgrave (3-times Oscar nominee) and Megs Jenkins, and is well received by the audience, and well discussed amongst film theorists, as well as - according to The Guardian - one of the 25 best horror films ever made.

Capelight released this movie in a Mediabook that - for the first time for capelight - uses silver foil lettering, which makes it look really stunning. Front and backside show different movie poster artworks, that works really well with the red-foil lettering, and next to the BD and DVD copy of the movie there is also a lot of extras on the discs: an introduction by movie historian Christopher Frayling, as well as an audio commentary by that guy, a number of featurettes and even a 72 minutes radio play named "Die Unschuldsengel" that is unfortunately in German. The movie however features both German and English audio as well as subtitles.

And as always, here's the movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsF0S65RR0

• Like 2

While I came home with much more than I wanted, what I actually went out for was this classic movie. As you might already know through my other Mediabook posts, I really enjoy these classics (if they are of the horror genre, at least), but as a child of the 80s I never grew up with them, so most of them are bought without knowing what to expect. It was the same with this title, and even though I saw that this would be interesting for me, I first wanted to wait for a possible pricedrop. However then I saw that some YouTubers got samples to present, and I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want to risk not getting a copy. So full price paid, but it really looks gorgeous, don't you think?

Looking forward to seeing how terrifying this "Castle of Terror" (the literal translation of the German title) really is...

20200408_211529.jpg

20200408_211544.jpg

20200408_211452.jpg

20200408_211509.jpg

20200408_211850.jpg

20200408_211602.jpg

20200408_211652.jpg

20200408_211708.jpg

20200408_211616.jpg

20200408_211628.jpg

20200408_211639.jpg

20200408_211737.jpg