IGNORED

Ask A Silly Question

🥤🍿🎬

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

The Dark Knight (2008)

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

Spider-Man 2 (2004)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)

Superman II (1989)

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)

Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan (1982)

The Godfather Part II (1974)

From Russia With Love (1964)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) 

Child's Play 2 (1990)

Batman Returns (1992)

Addams Family Values (1993)

Paddington 2 (2017)

• Like 3

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I figured I may add one that I don't see mentioned a lot.

While I love both these films, which both hold positions amongst my favourite films...

I've always preferred French Connection II to The French Connection.

*runs away* xD

Both are excellent and II is indeed often overlooked when discussing great sequels. The way it ends is brilliant and totally unexpected. Still prefer the first one, though.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3
Awards

12 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

@Veum @Hollywood E Rock @Casiusco @hal56 @LeGonze @extantsrevenge @Basil @RAK @Scary Hair @Trianna @BobaFett1974 @RileyLad @Pbsw23 @R1s1ngs0n @bearlol @Catgirl @Cornbuster @CAYENNE-FAHRER @raylight @icewire @deckard99 et al.

What is a sequel/instalment that you prefer either to the original or the most acclaimed instalment in a series/franchise?

Cannonball Run 2 is the only “Banker” I can think of 😁

Besides that, Erm.... Ragnarok, Star Trek Into Darkness, Mad Max 2?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

That’s because you watch to much MCU 😂 

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

There is no such thing as “too much MCU” 😉

But I do watch other stuff y’know mate, I just don’t believe anything else is worth making a focal point in my home. 🤣👍🏼

• Sad 1

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

There is no such thing as “too much MCU” 😉

But I do watch other stuff y’know mate, I just don’t believe anything else is worth making a focal point in my home. 🤣👍🏼

I love 💕 such a variety of film 🎞... it is so much fun to see other genres once in awhile (I hear ya though Westerns are my fav genre 🤠)!😊

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Veum said:

I love 💕 such a variety of film 🎞... it is so much fun to see other genres once in awhile (I hear ya though Westerns are my fav genre 🤠)!😊

When I say focal point, I am referring to my display and not the TV by the way 😂 The TV has a tonne more variety going on 😁👍🏼

• Thanks 1

@Veum @Hollywood E Rock @Casiusco @hal56 @LeGonze @extantsrevenge @Basil @RAK @Scary Hair @Trianna @BobaFett1974 @RileyLad @Pbsw23 @R1s1ngs0n @bearlol @Catgirl @Cornbuster @CAYENNE-FAHRER @mjk @thomue1987 @SilentasKnight @raylight @icewire @deckard99 et al.

What television series do you think would've functioned better as a feature film and what feature film do you think would've functioned better as a television series?

• Like 7
Awards

8 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

What television series do you think would've functioned better as a feature film and what feature film do you think would've functioned better as a television series?

Good question... not sure I can even come up with a specific example for each case. 

So instead I'll mention Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as an example of both formats having produced masterful works in regards to the source material. Fargo is another prime example of a wonderful series honoring an iconic movie despite only sharing its setting and general atmosphere.

• Like 4
Awards

vor 41 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

@Veum @Hollywood E Rock @Casiusco @hal56 @LeGonze @extantsrevenge @Basil @RAK @Scary Hair @Trianna @BobaFett1974 @RileyLad @Pbsw23 @R1s1ngs0n @bearlol @Catgirl @Cornbuster @CAYENNE-FAHRER @mjk @thomue1987 @SilentasKnight @raylight @icewire @deckard99 et al.

you can ask questions * laughs *, no idea, I can't think of anything.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

I think its Incredibly hard to suggest a TV series that should have been a feature film, purely because you would have to cut sooooo much out of it. The one recent series I have watched recently and Loved, was Lovecraft Country and you could argue would make for an epic feature film. Helps that Abrams was involved mind you.

As for for the other way around, Something like Chappie or District 9 could make for an enjoyable series, provided it was kept to about 6-8 episodes. Maybe Hellboy would be another?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I think this was a great series but I would have enjoyed a feature film 🎞 of...

These were some of my fav films and I would have enjoyed a TV series where she kicks butt 😝 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

The Marvel and DC shows. I would rather to watch movies of them instead of TV shows because I just think superhero tales are much better as movies. 

Lord of the rings series would benefit from getting a TV series but like the production value of Game of theones. 

Great question thank you😁

• Like 3
Awards

23 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

It is a difficult question, because if we talk about something that "would work better", in the end we assume that it did not work at all well, and the movies that we would see in as series is because we liked them, just as we would see the series movies that we liked a lot .

Maybe "Westworld" would have worked better as a movie, or even as a Saga.

Or "Kingsman" as a series from the first movie.

In the case of Hannibal, in my opinion, it works well anyway. What I would give for a collector's edition of the series, of the movies, or of everything together.

In the case of MCU, isn't it already a series?

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
Awards

2 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Maybe "Westworld" would have worked better as a movie, or even as a Saga.

Have you seen the original 1973 film?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/

I have yet to see the series, but the film is one of my favourites.

It functions almost as a prototype of many sci-fi ideas/films to come. A Jurassic Park/Terminator 1.0 hybrid if you will, with a great performance from Yul Brynner who Schwarzenegger drew inspiration from when it came to making The Terminator.

• Thanks 1
Awards

6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Have you seen the original 1973 film?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070909/

I have yet to see the series, but the film is one of my favourites.

It functions almost as a prototype of many sci-fi ideas/films to come. A Jurassic Park/Terminator 1.0 hybrid if you will, with a great performance from Yul Brynner who Schwarzenegger drew inspiration from when it came to making The Terminator.

No, I never saw it, and I thank you for reminding me because I have had it pending since I started the series. ;)

• Like 1
Awards

On 1/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, Fortis93 said:

Movie as a series

Priest  

LOTS of scope for character and story advancement . it was supposed to be the first of a franchise only so far it is only that fantastic movie .

TV shows as Movies two animated spring to mind 

Centurions 

and 

Visionaries 

AND WITH OUT DOUPT

Battle Of The Planets 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, Fortis93 said:

I've always thought they could have made a great TV series / spin off from the alien universe 

Doubt it would be better than the alien / aliens films tho

I believe Disney are making a new alien 5 movie that will rule out what happened in alien 3.

This covid situation will have delayed it even further tho. 

I think there was also rumors of a alien TV series but I've been burnt before so I won't hold my breath.....

5 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

shows as Movies two animated spring to mind 

Centurions 

Got to admit, that brought back some major strong flash backs @Scary Hair....

Sure I used to have a few toys of these back in the day 🤣

Centurions-1.thumb.jpg.293913d9a1ae13882717514ed31cadba.jpg

• Like 3

^^ I'd be cautious of what you wish for @RileyLad my Buddy. 🙂

I'd suggest, they've done quite enough damage to our beloved classics with sequels.

I would blind pass in a heartbeat  were they to attempt a series for ANY of the following;

- Alien ( please, would someone get Grandpa Ridley out of the Director's Chair... please?) [I truly hope I have to eat that one and he proves me wrong but 1 goodie does not a trilogy make, RIGHT Star Wars?]

- Terminator (Sarah Connor Chrons were okay...carried by two very hot gals, still failed but I bought them on dvd).

- Predator ( please, someone, puit Shane Black in jail!)

- The Thing (though there's a few that emulate it, none well)

- Blade Runner (They got very lucky with the 2nd, it was damn good, I don't think a series would emulate that success)

- more than a few others

I could go on about how the current social era makes it damn near impossible to make a testosterone filled sausage fest series anyway but we already know that.

I at least own my classics on blu-ray, encapsulated  in some of the most luxurious packaging available.

Heh, No one is forcing me to watch jack, so if others have fun with it, rock on.

Just putting my own personal thoughts down, not saying I'll join a monastery if it happens... 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1