IGNORED

The Black Torment ((Wicked Vision Collector's Series #35) (Blu-ray/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release : 31.03.2020

Link (Wicked Shop) Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price : €29,99

Limited : 333 (Cover A) + 333 (Cover B) + 333 (Cover C)

89863512_2513404805430042_6289992983815127040_o.thumb.jpg.24839026d9138c6d06868fdbac2210be.jpg

Nice thing about Wicked Vision Releases: They usually come in waves of at least two releases at a time, and given the above 50€ is free shipping (at least in Germany) and each of them will cost around 30€, you can always dodge the shipping :D It won't make you any richer, though... Number 35 in "Wicked Vision Collector's series" will be the 1964 horror classic "The Black Torment" directed by Robert Hartford-Davis, starring John Turner, Heather Sears and Ann Lynn; another British classic gothic horror movie in the style of a Hammer Horror production, but don't be fooled - it isn't! Cover A features the classic international movie poster, Cover B and C seem to be newly commissioned artworks.

This Edition will again have both audio and subtitles with dual language (English and German), and it will have (according to the website) a booklet in both German and English language featuring an Essay by Dr. Rolf Giesen*. There will be two featurettes, one will be an interview with two of the actors (therefore English), the other features the famous German cinema scientist Dr. Marcus Stiglegger and will therefore be probably only in German (no info about subtitles). And there's a German audio commentary.

And in good tradition, let's stop this post with the trailer:

*) I am a bit puzzled that this German author is writing in English - if any of you English speaking people are interested in an assurance I can ask the guy behind Wicked-Vision for reassurance. Just contact me, then I'll ask him and post the answer here.

• Like 3

^^ More great news @pygospa ! Thanks again.

I haven't watched this since vhs! Pretty cool little murder mystery and yes, I too certainly get "Hammer Vibes" from it (Buxom Babes and Blood, what's not to love?)

I'll be interested to discover if they've manged to find an uncut print?

Back in I think 1970, the BBFC, took shears to it for "unnecessary violence", heh.

Wicked has a run time listed of 86 minutes and says "uncut".

I'll find out when it arrives I guess....🙂

edit: oh, although Cover A is classic, I quite like Cover C as well!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ More great news @pygospa ! Thanks again.

I haven't watched this since vhs! Pretty cool little murder mystery and yes, I too certainly get "Hammer Vibes" from it (Buxom Babes and Blood, what's not to love?)

I'll be interested to discover if they've manged to find an uncut print?

Back in I think 1970, the BBFC, took shears to it for "unnecessary violence", heh.

Wicked has a run time listed of 86 minutes and says "uncut".

I'll find out when it arrives I guess....🙂

edit: oh, although Cover A is classic, I quite like Cover C as well!

Oh no @Grendel did you have to that LOL.. now I really want that ( version C also), it definitely is my “ cup of tea”!🙂

If I order it now I’ll have to pay more shipping, correct?🤔 

Same here with the cover. Cover A is the official movie poster and thus rather well known (to me); Cover B looks great but is a bit mono-colored again, though I like the bluish ghost-ish art in the middle. And thus cover C it is for me. I also really like the motive - the dark stairs leading down, the candles, the rose dress against the greenish black and the hands creeping out of the dark - its so gothic-horror-esque, has a nice atmosphere to it (if that makes any sense?).

• Like 2

🤠Ordered these today fellows @pygospa / @Grendel!🙂🎬

Demonic Toys (Full Moon Classic Selection N0. 04) [Blu-ray] 
Doctor Mordrid (Full Moon Collection No. 2, 2-Disc Mediabook) [Cover A] 

Dollman (Full Moon Classic Selection No. 01) [Blu-ray] 
Dollman vs. Demonic Toys (Full Moon Classic Selection No. 05) [Blu-ray]

Robot Wars (Full Moon Classic Selection No. 05) [Blu-ray] 

The Black Torment (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition No. 35) [Mediabook, Cover C, Limited to 333 Units) 
Shipping: Pre-Order!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Some interesting choices my friend!  😀

I have some of Charles Band's fliks (Full Moon) but not too many, about 5 I'd guess?

Here's a link to a very entertaining reviewer on Youtube (Cecil) that is a big Full Moon fan.

He does a great synopsis of the Dollman fliks and many other Full Moon, have a look.

They're relatively short but really good reviews and I'm bloody hard to please when it comes to Youtube reviews of anything!

Good/Bad Flicks:

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Some interesting choices my friend!  😀

I have some of Charles Band's fliks (Full Moon) but not too many, about 5 I'd guess?

Here's a link to a very entertaining reviewer on Youtube (Cecil) that is a big Full Moon fan.

He does a great synopsis of the Dollman fliks and many other Full Moon, have a look.

There relatively short but really good reviews and I'm bloody hard to please when it comes to Youtube reviews of anything!

Good/Bad Flicks:

Yeah @Grendel, I enjoy dolls in “horror settings” for some reason!😜

• Like 1

Haha, I love how this thread turned totally to something different (a general Wicked Vision Thread, instead about the edition). I just got a parcel from Wicked Vision and why not share it with you guys?

I got:

photo_2020-03-13_22-04-26.thumb.jpg.0e988f2c526ed23c8ab415825ddac716.jpg

• Funnyman Cover A -- this is limited to 444 copies and the first 200 overall pre-orders (all 3 covers) got a signed card by the director, who Wicked invited from US for a special cinema screening of the movie (and also to sign these - you can see how much he enjoyed doing it by the line that is supposed to read his name :D ), but also the first 111 pre-orders for this specific artwork got another card with the signature of the artist which in my covers case is famous German artist Ralf Krause.
  • Hideous! -- this is the next title in their "Full Moon Classic Selection" which is their 8th title in this Scanavo-Keepcase series; it comes (as all the others did) with a reversible cover showing the complete original artwork without the frame and the "Full Moon Classic Selection"-Subtitle. Here as well, if you where under the first 200 pre-orders, you'd get a numbered trading card.
  • UX-Bluthund -- this is actually not a Wicked title but those two labels are friends and that's why Wicked also carries their products - the label is Anolis and they produce Digibooks for Classics - most of them Hammer Horror movies, but this one is part of their "phantastic filmclassics" series, it's from the 60s and a Japanese movie, with original Japanese title "Kaitei Deisenso", international title: "Water Cyborg" or US-title: "Terror Beneath the Sea". Unfortunately not English-friendly: audio is only Japanese and German dubbing, and subtitles is only German.

Tell me if any of those are interesting for you then I make a separate thread with some photos. Regarding the Full Moon movies: I never knew them before, but because of Wicked Vision I got them anyways and since now I've already watched their "Lurking Fear" which I thought was rather interesting - I loved this 90s style and vibe of it. And I also started the first 5 puppet master movies, and I really love those. Not all have the same quality, but they are really greatly done and fun to watch.

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 3

I was flipping a coin on "Funnyman" @pygospa but after my bill topped 100 Euro for the 5 I had already picked, I held off.

You don't need to start another thread, unless you want to...

I'm happy with using this one or the "Tales..." thread to continue chatting about "Wicked" and their associated releases.  🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning @Veum, @pygospa and other spooky-tooth flik fans;  🧛‍♂️

Placed another order with Wicked -Shop today.

They had some lovely sale prices on editions I planned to buy anyway;

With the new release of Colour Out Of Space (i'm goin' with HPL's spelling, heh) soon arriving,  I elected to upgrade some old dvds to Blu, of some related films based on the same Lovecraft story-line.

Should make for a fun triple-bill;

- Die Monster Die ! (Karloff), and

- The Curse ( Wesley Crusher and Claude Akins)

Also remembered this time, to order the Karloff/Lee/Steele crazy-fest "Curse of the Crimson Altar" ("there was a goat...") 🙃 as this release I believe has the uncut version.

Die Monster Die (2-Disc Collector's Edition No. 19) [Cover C]

The Curse Poster

Die Hexe des Grafen Dracula (Limited Edition) [333 Stück]

🤩

note: I think I just snagged their last copy of "The Curse" as it has now disappeared from their selections....🙁

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, Grendel said:

Good Morning @Veum, @pygospa and other spooky-tooth flik fans;  🧛‍♂️

Placed another order with Wicked -Shop today.

They had some lovely sale prices on editions I planned to buy anyway;

With the new release of Colour Out Of Space (i'm goin' with HPL's spelling, heh) soon arriving,  I elected to upgrade some old dvds to Blu, of some related films based on the same Lovecraft story-line.

Should make for a fun triple-bill;

- Die Monster Die ! (Karloff), and

- The Curse ( Wesley Crusher and Claude Akins)

Also remembered this time, to order the Karloff/Lee/Steele crazy-fest "Curse of the Crimson Altar" ("there was a goat...") 🙃 as this release I believe has the uncut version.

note: I think I just snagged their last copy of "The Curse" as it has now disappeared from their selections....🙁

Very nice order, and congratz on getting the last copy of "The Curse" - all three movies are really special releases and I love every one of them dearly. I am a bit sad for you that "Curse of the Crimson Altar" is sold out as mediabook and only available as amaray version, but even that is still good, and the price - especially the current offer - is a real bargain! I hope you enjoy those editions. I already mad a thread long ago for "Die, Monster, Die!", and just saw that all the pictures of that original post got lost, but I just re-uploaded them, so if you want to take a look inside already, feel free to take a look at the post:

https://mediapsychos.com/topic/7238-das-grauen-auf-schloss-witley-ot-die-monster-die-wicked-vision-collectors-edition-19-blu-raydvd-mediabook-germany

And I have already seen that you found the other two threads - I just had to open them, once I saw your order - the movies are worth their own thread where they should get a lot of appreciation :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^ Thanks once more for your kind words my friend @pygospa ! 🤫

I've left a trailing thought in the Crimson Altar thread so won't labour it here but just wanted to once more extend my appreciation for your outstanding write-ups on each flik, definitely "Pro-Reviewer" quality to them!  🧐

It would have been nice to get the Media Book of "The Witch Of Dracula!" heh) but I agree, being able to snag the Black Amaray for such a steal was pretty sweet!.

Indeed, lucked in on "The Curse" at least! Also "Die Monster Die".

Don't know what the hellmy hold-up was, I knew about these a while ago!

At least the sales prices made the wait wothwhile.

Cheers Buddy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a friendly notice, @pygospa, @Veum;

I placed an order today with Wicked for the following titles;

It! The Terror from Beyond Space: (the film ALIEN was based on)

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (Der Fluch der Galerie des Grauens Edition No. 01) [2-Disc Limited Edition]

______

Ferpect Crime:

Ferpect Crime (2-Disc Collector's Edition No. 10) [Cover B]

______

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors:

Dr. Terror's House of Horror (Special Edition)

_______

Wicked Vision Magazine: (Cthulu Ed.)

Wicked-Vision Magazin Special Issues: Bibliophobe Betrachtungen zum Necronomicon

_______

Now, regarding the first item;

Apparently "Anolis Ent."  has elected to release some sci-fi titles from the '50's.

Daniel, at Wicked is going to carry them all if possible.

Besides the film It! this first order includes a Keep Box that will house a total of 10 Titles.

I sent Daniel an email today asking if he would be allowed to tell me what the other titles coming are.

From the Box Art, looks like "The Deadly Mantis" is at least one of them. 🤗

I'll probably order it as well. We'll see about what else comes.

If I already have a nice NA ed. that will fit inside that Box I just bought, may not need to dble dip on the flik.

I'm also excited to look thru their magazine.

As for my previous orders, he's keeping them safe and will ship when practicable.

😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Grendel said:

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (Der Fluch der Galerie des Grauens Edition No. 01) [2-Disc Limited Edition]

______

Ferpect Crime:

______

_______

Wicked-Vision Magazin Special Issues: Bibliophobe Betrachtungen zum Necronomicon

_______

Apparently "Anolis Ent."  has elected to release some sci-fi titles from the '50's.

Besides the film It! this first order includes a Keep Box that will house a total of 10 Titles.

I sent Daniel an email today asking if he would be allowed to tell me what the other titles coming are.

If I already have a nice NA ed. that will fit inside that Box I just bought, may not need to dble dip on the flik.

As for my previous orders, he's keeping them safe and will ship when practicable.

😀

Nice order. I have a few additions and hope you knew that, or didn't make a wrong choice:

1.) The Box is - as you already mentioned - not a Wicked Vision release, but an Anolis release. Anolis has their own shop but that's rather unreliable, however they also offer a subscription service, you pay in advance, and get all titles send to you - I was considering using that service, but then didn't because contacting Anolis is really hard, and I rather deal with reliable partners (Anolis never answers via Facebook, and I only ordered twice from their shop - first order I had a question that didn't get answered, second order got cancelled, due to a payment I did, but I did not add the order number, so they thought I didn't pay and just cancelled (with out asking first, or anything) - I contacted them and weeks later they said that they were sorry, and send back my money - item was then already sold out :( . Wicked is a befriended label and these guys know each other, so he always gets a share of releases, however, Anolis is highly limited, and they bring titles others won't, so once they are out of print, prices rise astronomically (just an example - those are plain DVDs of Hammer movies (not even the best Hammer films), a couple of those have already been re-released, still these are price is absurdly high, even as single releases: https://www.amazon.de/HAMMER-Frankenstein-Schneemensch-Freiheitsheld-Frankensteins/dp/B0051ZNUYW ). So if you want to collect them, best is to be fast, and keep an eye out for them. However, these being Anolis releases, you can get them anywhere, Pretz and other Shops have them as well, and they are sometimes even listed on Amazon; but be aware: until the box is full a couple of years will pass - Anolis is really slow and they tend to postpone a lot (still waiting on a release for their Dracula Prince of Darkness release, that was promised to us for the first quarter of 2018; ). It's not their first box, but the start of the fourth box - the first started in 2009, so for 30 releases they took 11 years, making it 2-3 releases per year, so you'd be waiting round about 4 years until this one is finish. What's nice about these boxes is, that they have a beautiful spine image (see: https://cdn.filmundo.net/filmundo_bilder/picture_12.php?id_of_gebot=6825483&size=st&idx=01&tkey=71059ee0604ef796757dcc420e7fdc7c ), but that's bad for you if you plan to keep the Editions you already own and not double-dip - in that case you'll have holes in the spine image - so I might re-think about that. And you might not know this, but all of them come with a booklet (the few titles I have range from 8-16 pages); starting with the last box, they have also Blu-ray releases, the first of their boxes is so old it only had DVD releases in them, and with a few titles later they had dual formats, but not for all. Oh, and talking about DVD: They are all DVD-sized (G1), and use DVD casings, even if they are now dual format, or blu-ray only, just to make them look good next to each other. Oh, and of course, they all have reversible covers removing the ugly FSK-seal.

As to your other questions regarding the titles: Usually they are a big secret, and Daniel would probably not know, or if he does, he wouldn't tell because he wouldn't know if he was allowed to tell you. But the guy who is doing most of the work at Anolis was guest at an Austrian YouTuber (they are actually good friends), and he exclusively gave some information on what other titles to expect, stating that they have recently bought a large number of licences and they have more than 10 titles, that would be fitting for the box, but they are currently testing out which they want for the box (which is kind of their more cheaper 'outlet') and which will be single releases (probably in a mediabook/digibook packaging); they. But the titles he mentions are:

• "The Angry Red Planet" will be no. 3 of the collection (someone found this out by the artwork of the box)
  • "Donovan's Brain" will be no. 2 of the collection (actually someone found that out by regularly checking the FSK information: http://www.spio.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?pvid=608224 )
  • "The Nightwalker" will probably be no. 4 (if everyhting works out); they are currently trying to record audio commentaries and trying to do that remote due to Corona
  • "The Deadly Mantis" is also visible on the box, and it will also come but is postponed due to Corona - this movie never got German dubbing, and they planed to do it this year, but due to Corona they cannot.

He ends with the statement that usually they work on all of their titles in parallel and which ever gets ready first, will be released. So the numbers might still change around, but that's everything know up to now about this box. I hope it works using the timecode link, otherwise just skip to 0:58:14, where they start talking about the new "Galerie des Grauens"-Box: https://youtu.be/nA6IkDdnYdo?t=3494
I'll also add a photo of the 3 Editions I own at the bottom of this post: "The Killer Shrew" is no. 4 from their first box ("Galerie des Grauens" = Galery of Terrors) and only has a DVD, "The Aligator People" and "The 27th Day" are the no. 5 and 9 from their third box ("Die Rache der Galerie des Grauens" = Revenge of the Galery of Terrors), and are both dual format; oh and if you are interested in it, the second box is called "Rückkehr der Galerie des Grauens" = Return of the Galery of Terrors.

2.) Crimen Ferpecto is one of my favorite Wicked titles :) I love this movie so much, this is a really great pick. I chose Cover A, but your Artwork is beautiful as well - and best of all: All artworks are also featured in the booklet (which of course is only German, unfortunately). The movie's original language is Spanish, but they have also English subtitles for the feature film - I cannot remember, however if all the extras had English subtitles as well - there is an audio commentary with the director and I remember that it was pretty good (I watched this movie one evening and then rewatched it with audio commentary and after that decided to watch it once more :D It is really that good :D ).

3) Doctor Terror's House of Horror was their first Mediabook title, so this is a re-release with just the blu-ray in it; unfortunately the Mediabook is sold out for years now. I was really lucky to get one, I was already ready to pay 75€ (but that one also had the pre-order postcard set) until one rather unknown shop had a few copies they found in their inventory.

4.) That magazine is of course all in German, and it is ONLY about the movie "Necronomicon" - originally this was supposed to be the booklet for the Mediabook, but the text grew longer and longer that Wicked decided to outsource them into a small magazine. It's not one of their regular magazines (the regular ones are also much larger in size), but should be bought accompanying the movie "Necronomicon". Regarding their regular magazines: They only released one of them so far - and up to now (probably since 10 years) been promissing the No. 2. In the foreword, Daniel calls this a small reimbursement for the time spent waiting on No. 2, and still promise a regular No. 2 :D Let's see when that's going to happen :D There are a few scene photographs and at the back of the booklet there are also 3 Artowk-pages - but most of this magazine is rather Text heavy, so I hope either your German is good, or you have a good scanner that you can OCR and translate the text?

13 hours ago, Grendel said:

I have a suspicion there are going to be more Wicked Vision related Posts in the future.

I think you're right @pygospa, it would be smart to begin a Titled Thread.

I believe you said you had a spot in mind to place it?

If so, would you kindly?

Ta! 🤭

Uhm, did I? If I did, I totally forgot about it. But maybe you also miss-remembered? I love to keep the threads separate per release - so what I normally do is for each edition I open a new thread - just because then you have a clean structure - you can use the search of a forum to find the thread you are looking for, and in the thread you find all the information and pictures that people shared. What I personally am not a big fan of, is having a thread collecting everything there is about a label. Take this thread for instance: I could have put every Wicked release in a single thread, but then it get's really messy with a lot of pages and if you search for a certain edition, you have to navigate thorugh the pages, and you cannot see what other people thought or shared about that release, as people all of a sudden talk about other orders they did, or the "Galerie des Grauens"-Box (no offense :) - I do like to read about it). I've figured that there are several sub-forums for all the different packages (full slip, steelbook, mediabook, digipack, boxset, etc.) and for different country releases as well as special shop exclusive ones or labels such as . What is missing, however are a forum for plain old Amaray releases. I know they are not that much liked under collectors (including myself) but there are a few worth mentioning, as they are pretty limited, and have special extras, a booklet etc. Thiking about a place to put for example Criterion releases, or Eureka! or Arrow, or the bunch of Wicked and Anolis releases that come in Amaray/DVD-Amaray/Scanavo Fullsleves; that's as far as I can tell, missing for this forum. Maybe @extantsrevenge has an idea? (and sorry, @extantsrevenge that I always pick you for answering my silly questions and crazy requests, but in my perception you are one of the more active admins here, plus if my English is too bad, to express what I actually ment, we can always switch to German :D ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Grendel said:

______

Ferpect Crime:

______

_______

_______

😀

Yeah @Grendel

I’m a lot disappointed ☹️ w/this virus 🦠 pandemic b/c I have so many international orders I’m impatiently waiting on i/n my Wicked shop orders!😒

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

• Like 1

I just saw that I forgt adding the pictures I promissed. So here they are - also my other post is needed to be cleared by an Admin/Mod - not sure why this always happens to me - a lot of my posts are in the "needs to be authorized" queue. Is it because of the length of my posts? Because of URLs? Or because of pictures, etc? Somewhat a bit frustrating. But, when that one's visible to you all, you know what I mean, and why I posted these pictures :D

20200516_154643.thumb.jpg.cfb9b0a0917f73cad9533e15b6e1ea86.jpg20200516_165359.thumb.jpg.680b9bbc20d37f295fcb34e805d908a7.jpg20200516_165348.thumb.jpg.23255781a409a7db8bcf26e5d6166ee2.jpg20200516_154520.thumb.jpg.c890905b522b8e78a998fbb49d4bd52f.jpg20200516_154506.thumb.jpg.188a5e34c6d7d4b24ee582dd2c983738.jpg20200516_165757.thumb.jpg.e6dfcb3b60d404ec1dc98144737ce7b9.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning @pygospa and @Veum ( and others I hope drop by) 🙂 ;

Sending you both a PM

Thanks for the pics above!

Regarding those releases of Alligator People and Terror From Outer Space;

Are they part of the 10 film set that are destined for the box collection I made in my post with It! Terror Beyond Space?

Is so, I'm definitely on board for both. Have them, just not these nice releases.

So, is this going to be our go-to-thread? 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good morning @pygospa and @Veum ( and others I hope drop by) 🙂 ;

Sending you both a PM

Thanks for the pics above!

Regarding those releases of Alligator People and Terror From Outer Space;

Are they part of the 10 film set that are destined for the box collection I made in my post with It! Terror Beyond Space?

Is so, I'm definitely on board for both. Have them, just not these nice releases.

So, is this going to be our go-to-thread? 🤔

I explained it in Detail in my post, but it's still not authorized. I don't know why :(

In short: No, not from the box you posted, but from previous versions of the Box.
This is already the 4th iteration of the box.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @pygospa;

I've sent you a PM regarding posts but in the meantime, you will need to contact a MOD to release your post ( once locked, YOU cannot fix to unlock).

I believe @R1s1ngs0n is on site currently? 😀

Hey buddy, help us out please?

Unfortunately Mods can’t see or unlock other members’ hidden posts, only super Mods and Admin can do it.

@ukade2327 @Scary Hair at your earliest convenience, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3