IGNORED

Tales that witness Madness (Wicked Vision Collector's Series #34) (Blu-ray/DVD Mediabook) [Germany]

pygospa

Release : 31.03.2020

Link (Wicked Shop) Cover A, Cover B, Cover C

Price : €29,99

Limited : 333 for each cover

87822666_2513299135440609_3747537842557943808_o.thumb.jpg.35af0b4a58ee40b8fd7bb8173fecfca1.jpg

Not sure if this is actually interesting to anyone here, as there is hardly any resonance to these posts, but hey: Here we go again, another friendly pre-order information for one of my most favorite German Mediabook labels: Number 34 of their "Wicked Vision Collector's series" will be the title the 1973 movie "Tales that Witness Madness" from horror veteran director Freddie Francis (most famous for his Amicus and Hammer Studios productions), staring Donald Pleasence (Halloween), Kim Novak (Vertigo) and Joan Collins (Dynasty; German Title "Der Denver-Clan"). It will come in three different artworks,

The movie is historically interesting for the horror genre as it starred Donald Pleasence, who after this performance was cast for Halloween's famous Dr. Loomis, as well as Sam Raimi citing it to be the inspiration for his famous tree scene in "Evil Dead". It's a German premiere and will feature world-exclusive new bonus material commissioned by Wicked Vision. Audio and Subtitles will be in both English and German, the 24-page booklet will only feature German text, and as extras they list a German audio commentary, and two featurettes that will probably will be in English.

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 3

Hi @pygospa thank you for this info as I ordered for the 1st time from this retailer tonight!🤠

Tales that Witness Madness (2-Disc Limited Collector's Edition No. 34) [Mediabook, Cover C, Limited to 333 Units)

• Collector's Series No. 34
  • 2-Disc Limited Mediabook-Edition
  • Blu-ray & DVD
  • codefree
  • Limited to 333 units

Shipping time: Pre-Order!

3B2E321F-F7BF-4FA3-BDC3-DF6A9829CED4.jpeg.f1ed45907370264dbb3222cd7135bfe4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ True, however as the show is more in the realm of Hammer and even more so, Amicus, I like that it Cover B matches to these that I own;  🤗

The House That Dripped Blood - Limited Edition [Blu-ray]

Asylum - Limited Edition [Blu-ray]

81pTTO2JMnL._AC_SX522_.jpg

edit: hmm, seems I already have the amaray with same pic as Cover A so B wins...   🙂

@Grendel, that makes sense for your collection... I think that cover looks great my friend!👊

C5A38857-26A0-4D27-9160-5521F344DDBD.jpeg.d644b18599e34dd41e2f7f74968e6686.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

^^ Oh, strange but true fact, this 2-Pack is the only way to get the "uncut" Vault Of Horror🥴

The single release was earlier and they released it before they received the uncut version, hence the double release, heh.

If Wicked ( or anyone) elects to do us a solid and release these in lovely boxes (hint hint 'Second Sight'! get on it!) I do hope they use the uncut eds of each...😬

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Uh, nice to hear back from you two, and I am happy that I could point you to something new and interesting you didn't know about :)
@Grendel That's a really beautiful collection you have, and totally clear that you'd go for cover B. It would have also been my favorite if it wasn't so mono-colored. I like my covers to pop with color :D Still it is a really great choice.
Somehow my original post got cut off (probably did something stupid with my mouse while posting/writing) - it's supposed to say "It will come in three different artworks, cover a showing a resemblance to the official international movie poster, cover b as far as I can tell a newly commissioned design, and cover C resembling the old Italian movie poster (where this movie was called 'Delirious').

When I choose covers I go by both: What tickles my fancy the most, as well as "exclusivity"/"rarity". I love artworks, but once you have seen the typical and famous designs everywhere (hanging in cinemas [on recent films, of course], on standard VHS, DVD or Blu-ray covers, etc.) you know them already. So for my collection I like to go with something totally new, if possible and also if I like the artwork. This is my reasoning for not going with Cover A, and choosing Cover C on this release! :)

• Like 2

^^ Hello again @pygospa ;

Indeed what you say makes absolute sense and often I'd prefer variant art as well.

As I mentioned, when I see covers from different companies offering a similar style, I like to grab them so Cover -B for me.

There's a few other lovely releases up on Wicked's site that I need to grab as well;

- Black Torment

- Terrorvision

- Devil's Backbone ( can't have too much Del Toro!)

- Doctor Mordrid ( I have it [Full Moon ed.], excellent flik!  but love the cover B with Jeff Combs!)   * heh, this was Band's attempt at doing Dr Strange but could not get the name rights! 😀

- perhaps a couple others...

Cheers my friend and happy hunting!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Uuuh. Nice choice. I have to confess: I've got them all 😜
I can also recommend following of the Wicked movies/editions (unfortunately I haven't seen all of them yet, and also I really like all of them, so I'll concentrate on four of them I really love from both - packaging as well as movie, besides those you already mentioned) - in no special order:

20200310_174528.thumb.jpg.4d4f38f4b61f5396e6c5882004e35a3e.jpg

• The Brood - absolutely great MB package with spot gloss varnish that is only visible in the right angle of light, and a great classic movie; greatly done.
  • Crimen Ferpecto - I absolutely love this movie; it's so strange, but totally funny - something really different to all the other movies; and in addition to that I like the rather different booklet design they chose for this movie; in cover A you also get the cover artworks for B and C inside the booklet, which are also really great, you have a collage of pictures, explaining the different characters and instead of the DVD you get the soundtrack on CD.
  • Hammer House of Horror - Artwork of the edition is great, inside not many pictures and all of them movie screenshots which is a bit sad, but the shots are really well chosen, which is lovely. And it's the stop using inappropriate languageing end of a legacy - Hammer's final production, a 13 episodes horror series. And no one else except UK did a release - and UKs release is a simple Amaray. So hurray for this release - and to be honest here: I didn't even know about this series until this release. Quality of the episodes varies but there are some real gems to enjoy. Love it!
  • Scanners Trilogy - The first and until now only padded mediabook by Wicked Vision - and I don't really like those, but for this one it fit's quite well; and I love it for three reasons: First, you get all three movies, and as a completionist I love this - especially if the quality of the sequels isn't too good - then I always want to have them for completion's sake, but don't want to buy them for qualities sake, and always feel bad about this. Second, it also features the soundtrack, which is a really nice bonus, and third the booklet has a lot of poster artworks, which I love.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous collection @pygospa ! 🤗

Me so Jelly!

I've only known about Wicked for about... 6 months I guess.

I've got these ones so far;

image.thumb.jpeg.fffab9f685d02b47535184281f305865.jpeg

I assure you, I'll be getting more as time comes...

I also have the Hammer House Of Horror, had the dvd since forever and bought the Blu when it came out.

I don't have a separate pic of it but it's in my Hammer collection pic in my Grendel's Dungeon thread.

Slipcase amaray, as you mentioned.

- The Monster Squad is English Titled, beneath the rating Slip

- The Most Dangerous Game has a reversible cover sleeve with English ( I prefer the German 🙂)

Cheers my friend.

• Like 2

@pygospa / @Grendel,

I am a little disappointed in Wicked shop not getting back to me, as I sent them an email a couple of days ago about shipping  prices ☹️ 

Since you both have more experience with them, have you ever had any lack of communication with them?

I’m a little concerned now and will I continue w/them or not, IDK.

Hi @Veum ;

I haven't really experienced email traffic with them personally but it's possible they are busy and have yet to read it, I don't know.

I've waited a week for responses from some Retailers so, if you you feel the urge, perhaps sending them a reminder would work?

As I previously mentioned, it might be worth considering canceling your initial order ( it's a pre-order, right?) and then re-ordering your bundle.

@pygospa may have other recommendations...🙂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Heh, yes I bought Doctor Mordrid as well, forgot to show the pic.

I've had an amaray Blu for quite some time but for the price (10 Euro) I was not letting that beautiful Mediabook slip away...😉

When my order(s) arrive, I'll of course post a nice pic of them. 🙂

Doctor Mordrid (Full Moon Collection No. 2, 2-Disc Mediabook) [Cover B]

Hey @Grendel,

That is the version I wanted, however I picked the wrong one “A”, I emailed him to see if he would change my order to this “B” version though...

we will see 😗

ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, today the DHL rang at my door (our local delivery service), and guess what he brought? I am of course at a slight advantage, being from Germany, but I hope your parcels will arrive soon as well. To "sweeten your wait time" as we Germans like to say, here are some teasing pictures from the edition itself and the postcard I got :) Enjoy!

20200409_163203.thumb.jpg.e163595eb8e61d271858cee2795c8472.jpg

20200409_163221.thumb.jpg.b80043baf4b7fc08d25aa19c6487cc83.jpg

20200409_163233.thumb.jpg.c73889a23e09b8576653ee3ebd08691f.jpg

20200409_163256.thumb.jpg.8cb675bab2fee0cd1740964d2d4fdbd4.jpg

20200409_163311.thumb.jpg.a5cdfbd35c75f7e7ae08edfb784f9c2c.jpg20200409_163322.thumb.jpg.bb9402cfbb1b93f5224760b771a5abf4.jpg20200409_163329.thumb.jpg.ca63d166689dfd412cf700fd8812d507.jpg20200409_163339.thumb.jpg.87e1e6c5d7642934e0b462ef776bed75.jpg20200409_163357.thumb.jpg.6b580122c931f2567a3b02abb30ae540.jpg20200409_163410.thumb.jpg.0c8cddec76049c2ac3053bcbcd0ed4dc.jpg20200409_163432.thumb.jpg.90c596f18ea75dc3877483b55585352f.jpg20200409_163509.thumb.jpg.aa71ac8f31900bf1e800a9066876f0b6.jpg20200409_163540.thumb.jpg.b502b1fcc73bc1a453de0f6ee4842707.jpg20200409_163548.thumb.jpg.ea0f2abe73eb1a37554cc3796ea5a543.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^^ OH SO NICE!

Thanks for sharing @pygospa ! 🤩

Love the book and you received my cover's Post Card apparently.

Hope I get a card different from my cover as well (I do like yours and I have cover A in Amaray).

I'm sure it will be yet a while before my package shows but I'll be sure to let you folk know the day it does (both of them!) heh.  🙂

@Veum may get his a bit sooner as I think the US Postal system may not be as hard pressed as ours but I have no idea.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ OH SO NICE!

Thanks for sharing @pygospa ! 🤩

Love the book and you received my cover's Post Card apparently.

Hope I get a card different from my cover as well (I do like yours and I have cover A in Amaray).

I'm sure it will be yet a while before my package shows but I'll be sure to let you folk know the day it does (both of them!) heh.  🙂

@Veum may get his a bit sooner as I think the US Postal system may not be as hard pressed as ours but I have no idea.

I’m also looking fwd. to getting mine my friends @Grendel/ @pygospa... I’ll let you know in my pics when they get here... have either of you seen DOCTOR SLEEP, watching it right now (small snippet write-up/review to follow in the “What did you watch last night” thread - ENGLISH ROOM FORUM) quite a wild ride if I say so!😜