IGNORED

John Wick : Chapter 3

nefilim

• 9 months later...

"

John Wick is going to war. If you saw how John Wick: Chapter 2 ended, you probably already knew that, but the official title for John Wick 3 wants you to know for sure. Keanu Reeves confirmed that the upcoming sequel is called 

John Wick 3: Parabellum.

So what does Parabellum refer to? Reeves told the outlet that the subtitle means “Prepare for war.” He explained, ” It’s part of that famous sentence, ‘Si vis pacem, para bellum,’ which translates as, ‘If you want peace, prepare for war.'” That sounds about right for a character like Wick, who just wanted to live the quiet life until some mobster punks stole his car and killed his dog, reawakening the Baba yaga and sending the legendary assassin on a quest for vengeance that got him tangled up in the criminal underworld all over again.

The 2017 sequel saw him tangled up even further, and ultimately expelled from the protection of the Hotel Continental after he killed a member of The High Table on Continental grounds. The third film finds Wick on the run after the deed, with a contract on his life. As the synopsis explains, “John should have already been executed, except the Continental’s manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he’s “Excommunicado” – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.”

Parabellum will also see Wick teaming up with a mysterious new character called Sofia, played by Halle Berry. Reeves also teased Wick’s relationship to the here. “John Wick is fighting for his life and thinks that Halle Berry’s character has some information for him,” Reeves said. “They have a past, and they get involved with The High Table, this kind of overlording entity.”

John Wick 3 also stars Angelica HustonJason Mantzoukas,Billions breakout Asia Kate Dillon and Hiroyuki Sanada as the main villain, as well as Mark DacascosTiger Hu Chen, and The Raid duo of Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman. Ian McShaneLaurence FishburneLance ReddickCommon and Ruby Rose are expected to return for the sequel.

"

Both are great movies, and the tactical shooting training he went through makes for some good youtube watching afterwards. Keanu makes it looks so easy and natural. The film also did a great job with little things like making his P30 fire 15 rounds instead of 150 like most movies ?

Awards

• 7 months later...

@Robertm89

I have to agree the 1st move was a brilliant set up . 

The second where he was proceeding the events that lead him back was solid cast iron unrecognised talent on the part of Mr Reeves .

The fact he is SO good looking his absolute talent like Brad Pitt is all too oftern totaly overlooked .

The addition of Halle Berry and Angelica Huston on top of an already stella cast csn only bring good things .

Hopefully a UK 15 rating then we can all go . 18 and it will mean the young adults here will miss out 😢😢

I still feel that the best is yet to come 😁😙😙

• Like 2

I loved the first opus, especially since I did not see the trailer originally, I was even more surprised about the fact that John Wick was a hitman ...

I also loved the second opus, but less surprised of course

I really expect a lot of the story on this third movie, I hope it will not be an ordinary action movie

• ★ Administrators ★

No watching the trailer 🤣, have to keep some surprises for when I watch this.

When I first Watched John Wick one, I thought it was okay. When I watched it the second time as preparation for 2, I really liked it and the second was awesome as well. I love great shootouts 😂.

I really thought they did a very nice job setting up the world of John Wick and I can't wait to see what they will bring to the table for part 3.

I really hope Novamedia will give us another great Exclusive Edition.

• 1 month later...