Imprint Films

Grendel

On 5/28/2021 at 7:22 AM, Fortis93 said:

Releases slated for August:

13140_tn.jpg 13141_tn.jpg

13142_tn.jpg 13143_tn.jpg

13144_tn.jpg 13145_tn.jpg

Thank you, @Fortis93

Some really interesting releases, and with films that for one reason or another don't have good collector's editions.

One curiosity: does anyone know if these covers are like usual full slips, or like simple slipcovers?

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening @Casiusco🙂

Imprint's slips are full-slips with side loading.

Though thin, as they contain amarays not Steels, they are relatively thick and robust.

Certainly better than standard O-Slips that most companies provide.

As the slips are certainly unique, they are only guaranteed on the initial printings, so it's best to pre-order, vice await in stock however, one can often still obtain a slip for in stock items if they are still part of the first print run.

Cheers my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I've been suitably impressed by the titles Imprint have selected to release so far.

They've done fair research determining those titles that have been neglected by the big studios in the past and shone a lovely light on ones that most so far, have impressed the customers.

I'm personally hoping to see a few more in the nostalgia massaging vein (i.e. for me, some more '50s sci-fi, heh) but I've no complaints with the titles chosen.

I do wish they would make their 'bundled deals' a bit smaller and therefore more accessible.

Bundles can save some nice coin, especially for those of us importing from Oz. However when a bundle creeps over $200 and contains more than 1 or 2 titles I'm less enthused for, well it sends me back to the 'individual purchase' option.

A minor quibble perhaps, but worth mentioning. 😉

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I already placed an order for the boxset.

Would have ordered just Ipcress but it only comes as part of the boxset. 
I haven’t seen any of the sequels so I’ll be at least able to do a Harry Palmer marathon in one sitting.

Up until now, I wasn't aware of the sequels. I may as well order the boxset.

@Grendel I'd like to see them release titles such as 'The Man Who Haunted Himself' at some point.

Would be a perfect title well-suited to their catalogue so far.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 1

I keep looking at there releases, and can’t find anything that interests me. 99% of them I haven’t even heard of, and I find it hard to pull the trigger on a bunch of blind buys. So far Second Site is the only one that is putting out the most interesting releases that peak my interest. But hey that just me, and my opinion. I am glad for those that find titles that they like.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RAK said:

I keep looking at there releases, and can’t find anything that interests me. 99% of them I haven’t even heard of, and I find it hard to pull the trigger on a bunch of blind buys. So far Second Site is the only one that is putting out the most interesting releases that peak my interest. But hey that just me, and my opinion. I am glad for those that find titles that they like.

Each title included in any bundle can also be purchased individually if one doesn’t want to commit to the whole pack.

@Fortis93 I sent an email to ViaVision inquiring if the Palmer movies could be purchased individually at some point.

I highly doubt it, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

I have the Kino Lorber release of Ipcress but I much prefer the artwork Imprint went with and I also find their scanavo cases to be of superior quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, RAK said:

A good portion of their titles I haven't heard of either.

I only own 4 of their releases.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Fortis93 I sent an email to ViaVision inquiring if the Palmer movies could be purchased individually at some point.

I highly doubt it, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

Good idea. I usually try and keep a lookout for these things on JB Hi-Fi's website.

They'll usually sell the 'regular' versions of their special collector's editions with slipcases (once they've sold out).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi my Buddy @Fortis93😀

Thanks very much for posting this update to the Imprint Thread !

I received an email early today and when I saw one of the titles in particular mentioned, I broke a new keyboard typing record getting an order in! 😉

That title;

The Naked Jungle:

When I purchased the very 1st Imprint Bundle they released, I sent an email to them suggesting this as a considered title.
So amazed that my wish came true!  🥰

Ordered x2 copies (plus some other titles) today.  🥳
Shipping is a bit rough to Canada ($45Aud) for x6 titles but I'm over it.

I was pleased to see the two Radio Shows" included! I've listened to both, courtesy of YT but not the best quality so hopefully Imprint can remove some of the 'rice krispies' from the tracks.
Fun fact that Bill Conrad, whom of course played the Commissioner in the film, played Leiningen in the radio show (also played Marshall Matt Dillon in the "Gunsmoke" radio shows. Incredible voice!)
I have the LD and Dvd but so pumped to FINALLY get this on Blu.

Also ordered;
- Parallax  View (was close to ordering the Crit ed for it but this one actually has more extras!)
- Scarface (1932)
- Breakdown (1997 Russell version)
- Ned Kelly (with Mick Jagger! Saw it centuries ago and he's actually great in it!), and
- Mothman Prophesies ( always intrigued by this but outta sight  outta mind, so happy for this ed)

Life is good... 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • R1s1ngs0n changed the title to Imprint Films
  • R1s1ngs0n pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...