IGNORED

Imprint Films

Grendel

I ordered this bundle today, pain free and paid with Paypal.

I think they've got a bright future with this line if they continue to manage to harvest such esteemed titles as these!Ā  šŸ¤— šŸ¤© šŸ„°

Ā 

Ā 

Quote: "Looks like Australia is getting its first boutique label to the same caliber as Indicator / Criterion / Shout Factory.

Imprint is a sub-label of ViaVision, in turn a sub-label of Madman.

Pre-Ordering titles directly through Imprint will get 13% off each title, or 25% off for a monthly bundle.

LINK:

https://viavision.com.au/imprint-films/

From ViaVision:

Quote:
Welcome to the brand-new premium Blu-ray label Imprint. Bound to excite movie collectorā€™s everywhere, delivering a library of ā€œmust haveā€ films each month of long requested & previously unreleased classics in stunning High Definition. All first pressings of each release will have strictly limited-edition deluxe packaging along with new transfers, audio commentaries, exclusive bonus features & more.
Thought we better start a thread to keep track of all the upcoming releases!

First batch of releases land May 27, 2020.

MAY 2020

264576_large.jpg 264578_large.jpg 264842_large.jpg 264577_large.jpg 264575_large.jpg
Ā 
wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1920x1080.

Imprint-Website-Banner-Full-Page.jpg -"

Ā 

"- Unquote

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for the info. It seems really interesting. ThereĀ are some interesting films for me in this list: "The War of the Worlds", "The Duelists", "Sorry, wrong number"...

Ā 

But one thing to Imprint improve: ifĀ they talk about a "world wide first on blu-ray" edition, and want to sell in a international market, it can be very useful to put information about audio&subtitles.Ā 

Ā 

Always surprises me that some retailers -or stores- don't put all the exactly technical information fromĀ  the disc. Sometimes an edition has audio/subtitles in the X language, and they don't indicate it.

Ā 

There are potential sales that would be lost in exchange for nothing.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 4

Fully agree with all your comments @Casiusco.

Disc specs are crucial for helping folks determine if the item is suitable to meet their needs/specs.

- Region lock (if any)

- PQ specs

- AQ specs

- Extras (soft and hard)

- and a variety of other key info would go a long way to increase sales potential.

Why they have yet to do so, I have no idea and since ViaVision has been in the game a long time, it's not like they are not aware of this requirement.

I got nuthin' ....

Hoping for the best!

šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

So IMPRINT (through ViaVision) have released some news on their next bundle of Blu-rays;

Looks like they are again offering a collective buy 'em all bundle price ($150 Aud) or separately for ($35 Aud).

Looks like a scheduled 26 Aug '20 release date.

Link;

https://viavision.com.au/shop/imprint-bundle-pack-august-2020/

When Worlds Collide (1951)No Way to Treat A Lady (1968)The Carpetbaggers (1964)Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)A Place In The Sun (1951)

(I'm in for the lot of 'em...again...) šŸ„°

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads-up @airwins and @R1s1ngs0n ; (see above)

Since you showed interest in the first batch, thought you might find the 2nd batch worth a look...šŸ™‚

I think a new release of "When Worlds Collide" has sparked some enthusiasm but titles like "A Place In The Sun", "The Carpetbaggers" and "No Way To Treat A Lady" are all very solid films worth owning (imho) šŸ„°

I do not recall "Night Falls On Manhattan" but it has a lot of praise in forums that I've read, so I'm happy to have ordered the whole bundle.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Ā 

Il y a 7 heures, Grendel a ditĀ :

Just a heads-up @airwins and @R1s1ngs0n ; (see above)

Since you showed interest in the first batch, thought you might find the 2nd batch worth a look...šŸ™‚

I think a new release of "When Worlds Collide" has sparked some enthusiasm but titles like "A Place In The Sun", "The Carpetbaggers" and "No Way To Treat A Lady" are all very solid films worth owning (imho) šŸ„°

I do not recall "Night Falls On Manhattan" but it has a lot of praise in forums that I've read, so I'm happy to have ordered the whole bundle.

Woow, I never watch any of these movies my friend šŸ˜‚

I will so šŸ‘

Hi Folks;

Just wanted to mention, my 1st set from "Imprint" just arrived. šŸ¤©

Ā 

They were wrapped in bubble, together in a snug fitting box.

The box itself was much thinner than I would ever use for delivering to the other side of the planet but I was very fortunate, as all Blus arrived unscathed.

I must also commend Via Vision for assisting me through Customs, by way of 'declared value'. šŸ™‚

Ā 

I immediately opened "War Of The Worlds" as being one of my fave fliks of all time, I had to look it over.

I'll be spinning it up tonight, guaranteed!

Ā 

Very glossy and attractive slips, with gorgeous artwork on them (also on the amaray cases).

Ā 

Pic:

Ā 

image.thumb.jpeg.8a809caf723c2390e9190531988628fe.jpeg

Ā 

* Specs listed in post below

Ā 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

^^ I also wanted to mention the specs, as I know some were curious.

Ā 

War Of The Worlds:

- Paramount

- no Region coding listed

- 1080p ( remastered 4K)

- 1.33:1 OAR

- DTS HD 5.1 & LPCM 2.0 Stereo

- English, with Eng HoH subs

- no booklet

- on disc extras;

> on disc commentaries by: Kim Newman, Gene Barry, Ann Robinson

> on disc audio commentaries by; Joe Dante, Bob Burns, Bill Warren

> Making of doc

> Radio presentation of Orson Welles' Mercury Theatre show ***

> Trailer

> Photo Gallery

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

So today I've been watching a new video by one of the YouTube-Channels I follow, and this guy presents this new boutique blu-ray label, and I am like: Wow this looks interesting. And top of my head I guessed, that folks like @Grendel, @Veum, @Casiusco, @R1s1ngs0n and @Fortis93 would love this, as I know they are interested in Criterion, because they interacted with me on the Criterion thread. So I was all excited to share this news with you guys... but apparently you all already knew... yeah, I'm always the last to realize something new... my bad šŸ¤Ŗ

Ā 

Anyhow, I guess you haven't seen this YouTube Video already, now have you? May still be of interest to some of you, maybe, especially if you are undecided, yet. I think the label looks great, althoug it's a shame they did not use the Criterion casing which in my eyes look so much better, and also having no booklet is a bit of a downer. But you cannot have everything, now can you? The Slipcovers look really nice. I would get that bundle offer they have, right away. But financially, I have to wait until next month (already O.o ). Hope the offer's still there then, and even more that it's still the release with the slipcover...

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi @pygospa ;

I had thought you had been made aware of this Thread already or I would have brought it to your attention my friend.

Of course, like our other friends here, I'm glad you've found it and can contribute noteworthy info ( as you displayed above šŸ™‚)

Ā 

If you have read through the preceding posts, then you are aware they are now in the midst of preparing to releaseĀ  their second series.

Via the link provided above, you'll be able to quickly determine what ones from the first set are still available, as well as opportunity to orderr any of the 2nd that strikes your fancy.

Ā 

Though I believe other retailers are now offering these releases, (i.e. JB HI-FI, Diabolik, others) I had little issue ordering from source.

Certainly the mail restrictions we are all currently experiencing have made procurement more difficult but if you are patient, I'd recommended at least considering a direct order.

Ā 

Of course, you don't need to buy them all. Purchasing "The Bundles" was a modest savings but I personally had interest in all the titles regardless, so went that route.

I'd be curious to discover what titles you have keen interest in from either series my friend. šŸ˜€

• Like 2

First off: Thanks for the compliment (contributing noteworthy info :D I wouldn't call it that, but it's nice to hear, that you appreciate it :) ).

Ā 

37 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I had thought you had been made aware of this Thread already or I would have brought it to your attention my friend.

It might be that I'm just getting old (or something), but to be quite honest: This forum overwhelms me. There is such a high frequency of posting (that I am not used to), so many different corners, the notifications are a bit much (for my taste), and so, in the end, usually I just read those threads I have already figured out, and don't stroll to much in other corners. I should be looking around much more, sure. But I already spent so much time here :D, and then there's work, the household, my girlfriend, movie watching, and a zillion other hobbies I have (such as learning Japanese). So no, it's probably save to assume that I don't know something, if I haven't commented about it :DĀ 
Ā 

25 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Though I believe other retailers are now offering these releases, (i.e. JB HI-FI, Diabolik, others) I had little issue ordering from source.

Certainly the mail restrictions we are all currently experiencing have made procurement more difficult but if you are patient, I'd recommended at least considering a direct order.

Ā 

Actually I always try to buy at the source, mainly because I feel like I want to support the producer as much as possible. Most items (at least in Germany) have the same initial prices, regardless if that is bought through a retailer or directly at the label - but knowing that the retailers will have their margin and keep a cut for themselves, I always feel bad for the label, especially if it is a small and special interest label; not that I hate retailers or anything - I do get all my films that I cannot get through the label directly through specialized retailers (that I like supporting as well), but when labels (such as Capelight, Turbine or Wicked Vision) have their own shops, I'll always prefer those. Just feels more right to do so.
Ā 

33 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Of course, you don't need to buy them all. Purchasing "The Bundles" was a modest savings but I personally had interest in all the titles regardless, so went that route.

I'd be curious to discover what titles you have keen interest in from either series my friend. šŸ˜€

Ā 

Sure I don't need to get everything, but there are three reasons I would get as much as possible, when I order:

1. These bundles shave of $25. That's nearly one additional blu-ray that I could get from their collection for that saving; I'd rather have that money used for that, than "wasting" it (yeah it's not wasted, but somehow it still feels like it).
  2. Additionally I'll save on shipping costs. And that's really a high factor. I used to get everything the minute it came out, but then I started calculating and regulating what I am spending money on, and turns out that it can easily add up to some 100 ā‚¬ a month just in shipping. Again that somehow feels wasted (plus thinking green it isn't really nature friendly). So for the last years I always tried, wherever possible to cut down on shipping costs, e.g. by buying at one place, or by bulk buying - I much often risk not getting something (that isn't too important) and getting it later together with something else, then getting everything separately.
  3. And this might be a stupid one, but I don't know any of these movies yet. So I could sit down, watch all trailers again, sift through recommendations, ask you guys, check out imdb ratings, etc. Or I could just get them, watch them, and decide afterwards (and maybe sell them if they really annoyed me). Normally that's not an option (e.g. my last Criterion buy: I couldn't get 100 titles - I totally would if I could :D but I can't), but given that this label doesn't have that many releases yet, here it would be easilly possible :D

I'll just wait for August, and then I get the bundle (if still possible). :) Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

Good evening @pygospa ;

Heh, I didn't anticipate my scribblings to be analyzed but hopefully they were coherent. šŸ™‚

Ā 

I think your rationale for purchasing the sets, despite the fact the films themselves are for you, blind buys, is still sound.

I hope the few words we have mentioned in their regard previous at least spurs interest in viewing them though buddy, not just collecting them.Ā  šŸ¤”

Forgive my stab at humour, yes, I know better...heh.

Ā 

I'd suggest we've got some winner titles here though, in both sets and I believe you will be quite pleased with the majority, if not all.

Seeing War of the Worlds and soon, When Worlds Collide, two of my fave George Pal 50's fliks, included in these collections is what spurred my interest.

50's sci-fi is huge to me and is probably my first genre in which I discovered that yes, you can have good films and bad films similar thematically.

No doubt similar to the affinity for the gothic horror you (and I) enjoy. It can be campy but still fun, if done right.

Ā 

Following arrival of my first set, I sent them an email thanking them for the product and also their care in packaging.

As an aside, I also queried if they could investigate the salvage potential for another beloved Pal film from the 50's, The Naked Jungle.

I received a response, I'm happy to say, not only thanking me for thanking them but that they have forward my suggestion to their R&D team,

as my contact was quite familiar with the flik and thought it would make for an excellent addition to their growing library as well.Ā  šŸ¤©

Ā 

For those unfamiliar, it stars Charlton Heston as a South American cocoa bean plantation owner.

Debora Kerr portrays a proxy bride, from New Orleans, that has elected to marry him before meeting him, in response to a letter Chuck sent to his brother to find him a wife as he's too busy right now.

So, yes, there's a cute little hate/love relationship budding for the pair to overcome, however...

20 miles worth of seething, voracious army ants are on a collision course with Chuck's estate.

He's gonna try to um, battle them and wait out the horde with a moat of fire.

Okay, not the sharpest knife in the drawer... I know, but damn, is it a thrill ride!

Ā 

All we have so far, is a laserdisc and a dvd.

The LD is okay, for its' time

The dvd is garbage in PQ, AQ, cut sequences, pan 'n scan 4:3, a real hot mess.

Still no Blu.
I'll be vary happy indeed, to see Imprint "rescue it" from oblivion, it deserves much better.

As do a number of other 50's sci-fi.

Even if we only get one title per release bundle, I'll still be grinning like a Cheshire Cat.Ā  šŸ„°

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the mention @R1s1ngs0n! I definately need to check out those bundles. Regarding the "Hammer House of Horror" package I am really torn. I do own those already, in a Mediabook (of course) by Wicked Vision (of course). I guess they'll have the same masters, quality-wise the Wicked release is really good (watched them all and love them :) ). But on the side of the extras, this Imprint release is rather interesting, especially due to the new 2020 extras. Wicked's extras include (fat ones indicate non-double extras, with the cursive one I am not sure):

• Widescreen version of "Guardian of the Abyss"
  • Overlays for advertisement breaks
  • Archive material for "Rude Awakening"
  • "Flesh and Blood - The Hammer Heritage of Horror" - Extended version documentary (156 Min)

And Imprints extras:

• NEW 2020: Exclusive Audio Commentaries by Mark Gatiss & Kim Newman on ā€œWitching Timeā€, ā€œRude Awakeningā€, ā€œThe House That Bled to Deathā€ and ā€œThe Two Faces of Evilā€
  • NEW 2020: Exclusive Audio Commentary by actress Rosalyn Landor & Kim Newman on ā€œGuardian of the Abyssā€
  • NEW 2020: Exclusive Audio Commentaries by Jonathan Rigby & Kevin Lyons on ā€œThe Thirteenth Reunionā€, ā€œCharlie Boyā€, ā€œThe Silent Screamā€, ā€œChildren of the Full Moonā€, & ā€œThe Mark of Satanā€
  • Grave Recollections: A Visit with actress Kathryn Leigh Scott featurette
  • Hammer Housekeeping: A Visit with actress Mia Nadasi featurette
  • Widescreen version of the episode ā€œGuardian of the Abyssā€
  • Opening Montage Raw Takes for episode ā€œRude Awakeningā€

And now I am caught in a dilemma - thank you @R1s1ngs0n šŸ¤¬ šŸ˜‰ On the one side I don't like the packaging at all, having three Amarays in a Hardbox is rather little effort, and the artwork is as uninspiring as it can be. And given that, plus the fact that I already own this one in a Mediabook featuring new and exclusive artwork, together with a collage of the original artwork (as shown on the Amaray covers) in the 24p booklet only cost me 35ā‚¬, I find the nearly 50ā‚¬ price a bit pricey (especially as this will most definitely also have additional shipping costs to Germany). On the other side, I really love this series šŸ˜ And given that this release has audio commentaries for nearly every episode, plus two additional featurettes - all of which I don't know, I am really intrigued on getting this anyways. AAAAAAaaaahhhhhHHHH šŸ¤Ŗ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Ā 

Yep, I just saw this on the JB Hi-Fi site. Kind of proud of us with this label and their releases.Ā xD

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Spoiler
7 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

New releases to look forward to...

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

12470_tn.thumb.jpg.9f1739fa2c0a5a06d5110be619aabaf3.jpgĀ 

Ā 

12469_tn.thumb.jpg.b3c0066125dc1d83559903b995929953.jpg

Ā 

12468_tn.thumb.jpg.68ec2ccb0c51e08c89e35485a9e59c29.jpgĀ 

Ā 

12467_tn.thumb.jpg.022810c95455cf6d6eaa3a25273649ad.jpg

Ā 

12466_tn.thumb.jpg.fae84e25a3d59eaf2b7a940e756dcd2a.jpgĀ 

Ā 

12465_tn.thumb.jpg.01bfcd4e884a3b93581fa04b4787acc3.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

I'm so glad "Black Sunday" is finally getting the blu-ray treatment. One of my favourites.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

With those new forthcoming, I would be in forĀ Black Sunday and Ā The Bridges at Toko-Ri!šŸ˜‰

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...