IGNORED

Steelbook and premium steelbooks discussion thread......

Basil

Right its occured to me there is not a thread to discuss steelbooks and premium releases here in the english room from finishes to bossing/embossing to world wide exclusive art (WEA) to world wide art (WWA).

from premium releases to exclusives releases to multi retailer retailer releases.

this is the place to discuss the lot here from single releases to one clicks.

discuss anything related in the world of steels in here, it really stood out when a new members post said as the title anyone collect steelbooks?

and i thought we need to improve this especially as i am a steelbook collector.

so share your thoughts, ideas and questions and pictures here, lets get talking steels. its such a great hobby.

new members show us you collections as well. it all needs to be seen.

if you need anyone to get attention put the @ symbol in front of there name and it will turn like 

@Basil and then we will get notification for it. :D

200.gifturkey GIF

basil B|

Edited by Basil
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest pre-ordering it from Zavvi.

I've dealt with Zavvi for I guess, 10 years as they were my initial access to the then Fledgling Arrow Video label that was just starting up and gave us those beautiful Window-Box edition releases of obscure and unreleased horror vids that the other labels were ignoring.

Since that time, Zavvi has had some ups and downs, usually around the times "new management" was giving clean-sweeps.

They were spotty on delivery protection, rude or difficult Customer Service and rarely in a dispute would concede any fault.

I think it's safe to say that over the past two years, their business model has significantly gotten better and though sometimes they can still aggravate customers with less than optimal packaging, for the most part I'd say they've become a reliable player in the game.

We sometimes forget, that Zavvi's more akin to Amazon, than say FAC or Kimchi etc... as they are extremely diverse with their products and so the guy who packed your Blu-ray deluxe edition  could have just finished packing a book, a sweater, or earrings so has no real guide provided on the fragility of items I'm thinking.

"It looks and feels like a book? I'm gonna pack it like a book..."

They do offer some very unique and distinct Blus, that we otherwise could not obtain.

I personally would have no qualms of making this order, I might even do so today. 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'd suggest pre-ordering it from Zavvi.

I've dealt with Zavvi for I guess, 10 years as they were my initial access to the then Fledgling Arrow Video label that was just starting up and gave us those beautiful Window-Box edition releases of obscure and unreleased horror vids that the other labels were ignoring.

Since that time, Zavvi has had some ups and downs, usually around the times "new management" was giving clean-sweeps.

They were spotty on delivery protection, rude or difficult Customer Service and rarely in a dispute would concede any fault.

I think it's safe to say that over the past two years, their business model has significantly gotten better and though sometimes they can still aggravate customers with less than optimal packaging, for the most part I'd say they've become a reliable player in the game.

We sometimes forget, that Zavvi's more akin to Amazon, than say FAC or Kimchi etc... as they are extremely diverse with their products and so the guy who packed your Blu-ray deluxe edition  could have just finished packing a book, a sweater, or earrings so has no real guide provided on the fragility of items I'm thinking.

"It looks and feels like a book? I'm gonna pack it like a book..."

They do offer some very unique and distinct Blus, that we otherwise could not obtain.

I personally would have no qualms of making this order, I might even do so today. 🙂

Just DONE & DONE!🙂

image.jpeg.422d0b22f70c351170cc9433d24fab48.jpeg

• Like 1

As am I...🙂

I also pre-ordered an old treasured film coming in an LE, from my hero, Roger Corman;

The Man with the X-ray Eyes - Limited Edition

yep, that's Ray Milland as the anti-hero folk!

edit: LINK-  https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-man-with-the-x-ray-eyes-limited-edition/12466392.html

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grendel said:

As am I...🙂

I also pre-ordered an old treasured film coming in an LE, from my hero, Roger Corman;

The Man with the X-ray Eyes - Limited Edition

yep, that's Ray Milland as the anti-hero folk!

edit: LINK-  https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-man-with-the-x-ray-eyes-limited-edition/12466392.html

Luv this film @Grendel (that looks so good as a steel my friend), I have this version on blu:

X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes Blu-ray

Kino Lorber | 1963 | 79 min |

image.jpeg.538b1ea36cf4ccc0ea49818786623e88.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

have just updated thread title to cover more stuff 👍

also going to tag aload more people so they know this is here and if they bump into new members can point them in the direction of this thread B|

please read the opening post 👍

@extantsrevenge @Scary Hair @Robertm89 @RileyLad @Hollywood E Rock @Trianna @cypheria078 @Conjuring88 @bugula @R1s1ngs0n @Koi999 @PRIAPISM @raylight @Pbsw23 @pbtour4il @Headhunter @StrikerEureka79 @RAK @Intentcoin @flugel83 @Horned_King @Catgirl @Julien2 @blu-rayfreak @blu.steel33 @capricornio34232 @silphalion @Berserk3429 @Digitale_Kunst @McSuits @Jagodablu @Damiend @ictbydesign@BobaFett1974 @rtphoenix @altair @Koenig_Leonidas @CAYENNE-FAHRER @ksosk @Benoit46 @larson1977

@Ehsan @Hatori @bilbon @3rasus @bungral @GANTZ @Wail @Cornbuster @Rdator @bearlol @Count Dantes @deckard99 @monanza

@mwatkins02 @xSNAKExPLISSKENx @ianmoore82 

many thanks people

all the best

basil :D

Edited by Basil
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I'll start then @Basil pre order from zavvi end of week.... 

I know it's due to get premium releases which I'll get also but this could be my basic copy lol. 

For me it's a ....

Yes Please GIF by memecandy

received_248676339830198.jpeg

looks nice robert you seen the hdzeta silver label is coming, just as a thought?

basil :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RAK said:

Shazam HDzeta Preorders Start Today

B783BAA5-AFA4-4E09-A3FF-AEEC039348AA.jpeg

B15660DA-BFDB-4E2E-AC6A-2291FEFCFC66.jpeg

89B8A381-5248-4D7D-8ADC-C598866A4BCF.jpeg

yes for direct order, did the gb here myself have sooo long been waiting for this release its been such a long time coming and this will be sweetest release imho, mantas got killed of last year when i was speaking with john from manta by email last year.

so thats what finally pushed me over to hdzeta on the dc line up.

but cannot wait, like a kid in the candy store me

To+the+candy+shop+to+the+candy+shop+we+s

basil xD 

5 minutes ago, Basil said:
21 minutes ago, RAK said:

yes for direct order,

Yeah I noticed that. It's says 10.00am. I'm assuming that's there time. Anyone know what time it is here ? I've never seen anything go live on Zeta for a pre order. Be interested to see how long it's up and prices. 

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

yes for direct order, did the gb here myself have sooo long been waiting for this release its been such a long time coming and this will be sweetest release imho, mantas got killed of last year when i was speaking with john from manta by email last year.

so thats what finally pushed me over to hdzeta on the dc line up.

but cannot wait, like a kid in the candy store me

To+the+candy+shop+to+the+candy+shop+we+s

basil xD 

Yeah I wish I had more insight on why Manta Can’t do it? I hate incomplete sets, but looking forward to this also, and am hoping HDzeta continues with the DC Lineup.

3 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah I noticed that. It's says 10.00am. I'm assuming that's there time. Anyone know what time it is here ? I've never seen anything go live on Zeta for a pre order. Be interested to see how long it's up and prices. 

Robert my friend, look closer it’s based off of USA time. Also just so you know it is 9:57 AM here right now so it is in 3 mins.

Edited by RAK
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RAK said:

Robert my friend, look closer it’s based off of USA time. Also just so you know it is 9:57 AM here right now so it is in 3 mins.

My bad. No excuse either I had my glasses on 😂😂 also I'm on there site now and nothing showing yet. Site is so slow too. Plenty people on it maybe. 

Edited by Robertm89
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RAK said:

Yeah I wish I had more insight on why Manta Can’t do it? I hate incomplete sets, but looking forward to this also, and am hoping HDzeta continues with the DC Lineup.

basically they tried for approval 4 times and studios would not sign any of it off, so if that did not change soon when i spoke with him he said they have no option but to cancel.

but i am with you i thought they gave up too easily, so that made my decision not to collect ranges like dc from them but i will still carry on with single films, when is something i want.

basil 👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

they do but i believe it blink and you miss it, there servers not the best from what i understand.

• Like 1