Jump to content
IGNORED

WHAT I DO NOT “ENJOY” (SOMEWHAT) W/...


Veum
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m starting to have a hard time enjoying (for the most part, although I’ll always visit “whatever” when I can LOL) threads of all kinds when the peeps are either what I call in “cliques, nationalists or the like”, and they ONLY tap the “like, thanks or laugh” for the peeps they follow &/or the thread/“Room” that they never get out of (they do not even try to visit other threads in this fantastic forum 709581B0-2C35-4A21-A2D5-44BD24F90133.gif.d8ca4adcf83307de393f45a4154ed409.gif... C’mon Man!, come on get in here & get to know your fellow members & communicate w/them, it is a lot of fun IMHO)!🙂

 

However they do not tap those that would generally be an obviously one to do 🤔... IDK, maybe it’s just me...  80C4BBC5-E382-4C5D-9C64-4B7D3E9BA3E4.gif.908b107a2588dad83affda0e71bc0afe.gifover!😙

 

This has nothing to do w/me always loving everyone here on MP & I do folks, love you all (That does not mean I have to like what your comment is though LOL)!!😘

 

snoopy charlie brown GIF  happy best friends GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Veum

 

I understand where you are coming from. What I realized is humans in general seem to be this way when it comes to communicating with one another. We often hang with others who feel familiar or similar to our own self. I don’t believe any one person means any harm, it’s just what we end up doing because nobody is really taught how to interact with one another so a lot of people do what feels comfortable.
 

Even on a chat forum where you can be hidden people behave the same as they would if we all was at a public place with each other. I know it can be a little frustrating for someone like you who puts the effort into going all around the threads looking for new friends & new points of views. My advice my friend to help when you are annoyed is to focus your attention on the members who you have created a growing relationship with. Thanks to you we do have a couple more members popping into the English room more than before.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I think it's also fair to realize that forums attract folks for different reasons.

Some may have had a rather hectic day and when they get home, other activities besides forums come to mind.

It's all cool.

Build it and they will come?

If they don't, maybe they're just busy in the football field next door....🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Spoiler
15 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

 

I understand where you are coming from. What I realized is humans in general seem to be this way when it comes to communicating with one another. We often hang with others who feel familiar or similar to our own self. I don’t believe any one person means any harm, it’s just what we end up doing because nobody is really taught how to interact with one another so a lot of people do what feels comfortable.
 

Even on a chat forum where you can be hidden people behave the same as they would if we all was at a public place with each other. I know it can be a little frustrating for someone like you who puts the effort into going all around the threads looking for new friends & new points of views. My advice my friend to help when you are annoyed is to focus your attention on the members who you have created a growing relationship with. Thanks to you we do have a couple more members popping into the English room more than before.

 

 

My friend @Hollywood E Rock thank you for that, as I could not of said/thought it any better then you have!😘

 

I have been getting somewhat frustrated lately (I guess you’ve noticed, hey 😜), as I have been putting in alot of effort in trying to get peeps to talk to each other more as friends would & enjoy each other’s company when we are on MP!🙂 I do see a lot of favoritism toward the same peeps w/each other though, that bothers me some!!😒

 

happy best friends GIF snoopy charlie brown GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

My friend @Hollywood E Rock thank you for that, as I could not of said/thought it any better then you have!😘

 

I have been getting somewhat frustrated lately (I guess you’ve noticed, hey 😜), as I have been putting in alot of effort in trying to get peeps to talk to each other more as friends would & enjoy each other’s company when we are on MP!🙂 I do see a lot of favoritism toward the same peeps w/each other though, that bothers me some!!😒

 


@Veum

 

Yeah I noticed & it’s okay that it bothers you. You have been here everyday since joining communicating with members so it’s normal for you to be like “hey what’s the deal or something is off”. Just try not to take it personally & remember that relationships get built over time & some of our members have been here through all the changes, & stages the site has gone through. They have had a lot more time to get to know people & create friendships which is why on the outside looking in it seems like they are being shown favoritism. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:


@Veum

 

Yeah I noticed & it’s okay that it bothers you. You have been here everyday since joining communicating with members so it’s normal for you to be like “hey what’s the deal or something is off”. Just try not to take it personally & remember that relationships get built over time & some of our members have been here through all the changes, & stages the site has gone through. They have had a lot more time to get to know people & create friendships which is why on the outside looking in it seems like they are being shown favoritism. 

 

 

@Hollywood E Rock Of course you are so right again my fine sensei!😉

 

kung fu wow GIF by RCA Records UK

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


@Veum

I have carefully read your post and at first I didn’t want to respond as I didn’t want to ‘make a scene’

Then I read it again and it just struck me as unnecessarily brimming with negativity and frustration.

Using terms such as ‘cliques’ and ´nationalists’ to refer to members who, for whatever reason, choose to converse amongst themselves and give each other ‘likes’ seems quite strange to say the least. 
In a perfect world, yes, everyone on the forum would be best buddies with each other and shower one another with ´likes’ but that’s not how it works in real life.

I try to get along with everyone but obviously there will be people with whom I would form a stronger connection (shared values, sense of humor, taste in movies, etc) - does that mean I am part of a clique? 

I am also aware there might be people whom I may rub the wrong way but as they say ‘c’est la vie’ - you can’t please everyone.

Although your efforts in trying to involve as many members as possible in the different threads/rooms are truly appreciated, please bear in mind that different people have different interests and we need to respect that.

This community can only grow if members feel they are part of a community where each one is free to do as they please (while respecting MP’s guidelines of course).

 

That’s all I had to say and now I hope we can all move on and project some positive vibes 😁

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Spoiler
48 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@Veum

I have carefully read your post and at first I didn’t want to respond as I didn’t want to ‘make a scene’

Then I read it again and it just struck me as unnecessarily brimming with negativity and frustration.

Using terms such as ‘cliques’ and ´nationalists’ to refer to members who, for whatever reason, choose to converse amongst themselves and give each other ‘likes’ seems quite strange to say the least. 
In a perfect world, yes, everyone on the forum would be best buddies with each other and shower one another with ´likes’ but that’s not how it works in real life.

I try to get along with everyone but obviously there will be people with whom I would form a stronger connection (shared values, sense of humor, taste in movies, etc) - does that mean I am part of a clique? 

I am also aware there might be people whom I may rub the wrong way but as they say ‘c’est la vie’ - you can’t please everyone.

Although your efforts in trying to involve as many members as possible in the different threads/rooms are truly appreciated, please bear in mind that different people have different interests and we need to respect that.

This community can only grow if members feel they are part of a community where each one is free to do as they please (while respecting MP’s guidelines of course).

 

That’s all I had to say and now I hope we can all move on and project some positive vibes 😁

 

 

 

 

 

I really wanted to respond, however I’m going to take a “high ground” & say I’m being misunderstood again... nuff said, peace out!✌️

 

Animated GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I have carefully read your post and at first I didn’t want to respond as I didn’t want to ‘make a scene’

Then I read it again and it just struck me as unnecessarily brimming with negativity and frustration.

 

@R1s1ngs0n

 

Is it fair to say unnecessarily if that is how Veum feels? In his defense he did do the right thing & decided to come to the area of the site where it’s allowed to be negative and frustrated. If he had made his post in the other areas then it would be inappropriate.

 

Quote

Using terms such as ‘cliques’ and ´nationalists’ to refer to members who, for whatever reason, choose to converse amongst themselves and give each other ‘likes’ seems quite strange to say the least.

 

Is it though? I know that these terms are usually consider negative descriptions, but a large number of us are “clique like” & very prideful of where we come from. It’s very human of the members to behave like this & it’s okay in our community’s case because unlike other places this site isn’t toxic. No one is being outwardly exclusive or mean.

 

Quote

In a perfect world, yes, everyone on the forum would be best buddies with each other and shower one another with ´likes’ but that’s not how it works in real life.

 

This is very true.

 

Quote

I try to get along with everyone but obviously there will be people with whom I would form a stronger connection (shared values, sense of humor, taste in movies, etc) - does that mean I am part of a clique? 

 

Yes that’s exactly what that means, hell I consider you apart of my “CLIQUE” because you & a few others was my first friends on here. Now in all of our defense nobody is being mean are going around ganging up on other members picking on them making them feel bad or excluding, but if you’re on here & you are not reaching out to others but the ones you are familiar with then yes you are apart of a group. That’s okay because it’s very human to link with people you have the most things in common with.

 

Quote

I am also aware there might be people whom I may rub the wrong way but as they say ‘c’est la vie’ - you can’t please everyone.

Although your efforts in trying to involve as many members as possible in the different threads/rooms are truly appreciated, please bear in mind that different people have different interests and we need to respect that.

 

What you’re saying here is all true & what else needs to be expressed is that if a member is frustrated or upset about something on the site they have a right to express themselves as long as they are doing it in the proper area. I maybe misreading you post, but it comes off as your scolding Veum for expressing his frustration. Your post also reads like you took his words personally. You absolutely have a right to disagree with his feelings, but we shouldn’t be to harsh in our responses to someone’s plea because that can create an environment where they feel like they can’t express themselves properly making them feel excluded.

 

Quote

This community can only grow if members feel they are part of a community where each one is free to do as they please (while respecting MP’s guidelines of course).

 

All very true

 

Quote

 

That’s all I had to say and now I hope we can all move on and project some positive vibes 😁

 


No one has to project positive vibes in the area titled “BLOWING OFF STEAM” the point of this area is to get the negative vibes out. We don’t have to agree with what people are frustrated about, but it isn’t right to tell them to be positive in the area of the site that allows for some negativity.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


ONE thing that is sometimes forgotten is that we all have outside influences going on in  our Real world lives .

 

Real Life gets in the way unfortunately of online life .

 

 

Is it a clique OR Nationalism on my part  NO  I would like to think that no one feels excluded ,

 

DO I get busy YES  ,

 

 

Do I forget to reply in a tread that I see and think I will do a reply to that YES sad hotel transylvania GIF

 

 

Do I disagree with someone YES I am only human a strong willed one with a very sometimes individual point of view window please GIF

 

 

I have known some members of all Languages here YEARS the fact we are so diverse is something I AM SO PROUD OF ,

 

 

The trick is sometimes is to look at the negatives then counter it with a positive  then when  the positives out weigh the negatives THAT IS A GOOD DAY excited party GIF by Women's History Month

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


hungover GIF

 

think @Veum said if i read right was basically alot people in there own little groups and all like each other but thats the limit of there involvement here like with maybe thanks like or laugh button, besides the gbs and basically not getting involved, and i think thats no matter what he does people dont want to change there ways or be more involved.

 

veum you have right to have your say as much as the next man.

but think this is a case of you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

the only way to guarantee all that would be make post counts above a certain number and then have access to the group buys ive seen that done elsewhere.

the question would be would john willing to change that, something i doubt in all honesty. and prob be alot of hassle to set up i suspect as well.

its also a shame thats not done for tiered membership, i would not necessarily just let anyone have it but hey we all have our own views.

but none of us pay the bills john does so what he chooses to do or not is completely his choice.

but as you say is a great shame, i get where you are coming from.

will it change? well its grown a little bit in a year some improvement and some more have got involved which is good, could it be a whole lot better. probably yes.

but currently there doesn't seem to be great incentive for anyone to get involved.

other than pma (positive mental attitude)

 

anyway veum constructive venting can be good for you.

even if not alot happens xD

 

basil :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy