IGNORED

Who collects steelbooks here?

adeatrick83

Hey guys my name is Alex from Indiana. I am 36 years old and I have been collecting steelbooks for about 6 1/2 years now. My prized possession is my 2 copies of Ant-Man Zavvi lenticular steelbook. It is also my favorite collection. I am still building the Zavvi lenticular collection. I also have a great Blufans China marvel collection and am in the process of still looking for more of those. I look forward to finding any new steelbooks and am always looking for those rare and hard to find steelbooks. 

• Like 5

Howdy @adeatrick83I’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP as I enjoy communicating with all the peeps and the Ol’ American guy lol!😄

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

regards your new friend Veum 🤠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

welcome @adeatrick83 you will find there alot of us here who collect steelbooks here and also a wealth of knowledge as well, myself i collect steelbooks and ive been doing this for about 15 years. last 4 years or so been getting into premiums. and as you say the rarer the more desirable. one of my rairtys i got years ago was futureshop inglourious basterds that i got an open one for about £75 going rate at the time for sealed was £150 odd and that was when started falling down the rabbit hole that is premiums and once you start going down that hole there is no turning back. when that first come out was not a premium but you start with blufans add a sprinkling of manta then a touch from kimchi and bit by bit you just want the best in the end and normal steel releases take more of a back seat and you hold out for the premium houses to do there releases instead.

@extantsrevenge his collecting of everything is potty and will make most green eyed, isn't that right nils xD

@Benoit46 im led to believe also has a massive collection as well :D

@Scary Hair has some nice stuff to and she is a very into alot

the names i could go on and on with but if your into steels think you just found your new home

some of mine below

KyPa3QR.jpg

lKnQ8Xv.jpg

x3x75AJ.jpg

zavvi but one i glossed myself years ago to try out as an experiment as i already had blufans release later it came out well.

NgZfviM.jpg

anyway sure the others jump in with some of theirs 

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wow awesome basil! That Death Proof is amazing. I also have had the same problem. I find myself looking more and more for the hard to come by steelbooks. The one I covet most is the original Thor red lenticular. These are some of my most prized. I also have Zavvi Doctor Strange and Age of Ultron lenticular in the mail I just bought.

20200301_145321.jpg

20200301_145257.jpg

20200301_145214.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, adeatrick83 said:

Wow awesome basil! That Death Proof is amazing. I also have had the same problem. I find myself looking more and more for the hard to come by steelbooks. The one I covet most is the original Thor red lenticular. These are some of my most prized. I also have Zavvi Doctor Strange and Age of Ultron lenticular in the mail I just bought.

20200301_145321.jpg

20200301_145257.jpg

20200301_145214.jpg

@adeatrick83,

I do believe you have the fever... on your way to being a true Psycho, yeah!😄

black and white GIF

• Haha 1

@Veum I do believe you are correct. I started about 6 or so years ago just collecting steelbooks when they came out from best buy and some online. Collected about 125 then quit buying them for about 2 years then I recently started buying them again. I am now really into the more premium stuff like @Basil said. I love Blufans, Mantalab and Filmarena. I am huge Marvel collector also. I love those the most and they have great resale value.

• Like 4

Once you get a taste on the premium side for me my storage is limited so I find standard steels are sitting more on the back burner they have goto be pretty good for me to bite tbh so premiums are where I'm at.

dont I sound like a snob 🤣

But no my love of steels still strong as ever just my tastes go higher for the best possible collection isn't that what it's all about 👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Veum said:

@adeatrick83,

Do not let him fool ya,  @Basil gets steelbooks (& blu-rays!) from retailers just like I do (other then Premiums I might say!) i.e. AMZ.co.uk, Zavvi, Best Buy, etc.!😂🎬

try again music video GIF

Slight correction veum I buy 4k mainly harvest the discs put them in steels if I have them. And a few amarays for older films like convoy cannonball run and so on.

I wish to god they would go 4k

But they could take a very long while for that.

Currently waiting for 4k LOTR at nov that's goona be awesome as discs will be harvested or premium to come along either of which I dont mind

as disc nipples on the bay always help 🤣

• Like 1

I’m more of a “newbie” somewhat when it comes to Steels.🤫

My quandary is usually when a SB/4K SB gets sold out & then I’m forced to get the standard 4K (I TRY NOT TO BUY AT FLEABAY PRICES 🤔, THOUGH I’VE GIVEN IN TO THE ONE I REALLY WANT NOW!)... case in point:

KNIVES OUT!😏

image.gif.52e1f0dbeb338a8a4d08797682964f28.gif Best Buy

Knives Out [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [Only @ Best Buy] [2019]

image.jpeg.933edacb559e4d1028c9968db37a9ec5.jpeg

Edited by Veum

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Veum said:

I’m more of a “newbie” somewhat when it comes to Steels.🤫

My quandary is usually when a SB/4K SB gets sold out & then I’m forced to get the standard 4K (I TRY NOT TO BUY AT FLEABAY PRICES 🤔, THOUGH I’VE GIVEN IN TO THE ONE I REALLY WANT NOW!)... case in point:

KNIVES OUT!😏

image.gif.52e1f0dbeb338a8a4d08797682964f28.gif Best Buy

Knives Out [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [Only @ Best Buy] [2019]

image.jpeg.933edacb559e4d1028c9968db37a9ec5.jpeg

Just sign up for the Kimchi group buy and get a premium instead of Best Buy! Problem solved 😜

This is WEA however so the steelbook will be different but there might be a nice WWA somewhere as well. Seriously, I don’t buy many “regular” steels anymore since there are so many WWA premiums with the same steels inside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deckard99 said:

Just sign up for the Kimchi group buy and get a premium instead of Best Buy! Problem solved 😜

This is WEA however so the steelbook will be different but there might be a nice WWA somewhere as well. Seriously, I don’t buy many “regular” steels anymore since there are so many WWA premiums with the same steels inside.

Hi @deckard99,

I’m in the kimchi one LOL 😛

The reason I want the BB one is for 1) exclusive & 2) I hear it is one of the bests steel exclusives out there!!🤫

• Haha 1

Just now, adeatrick83 said:

@deckard99@Veum I had the exact same problem with the Knives Out steelbook.  I went to buy it at 3pm and they were already sold out.  However, it said they 1 in stock but we could not find it anywhere in the store.  I really wanted this one and I should have preordered it.

Hi @adeatrick83, ^^^same

!sad les miserables GIF

• Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Veum said:

Hi @deckard99,

I’m in the kimchi one LOL 😛

The reason I want the BB one is for 1) exclusive & 2) I hear it is one of the bests steel exclusives out there!!🤫

oops! I replied to you but I was really thinking of @adeatrick83 

homer simpson doh GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, deckard99 said:

@Veum @adeatrick83

Zavvi has it if you don’t mind importing.

Thanks @deckard99, yeah it is in my basket there, however I was holding out for our Best Buy here, hoping among hope they would start shipping again🤔... rats to no avail😒... do I import or not that is the question 🤑

Homer Simpson GIF

10 minutes ago, adeatrick83 said:

@deckard99  @Veum. Look what I got today!!!!🤪🤪🤪

20200310_021929.jpg

Nice going 👍

We have a dedicated section where members can post pictures of their latest arrivals -
https://mediapsychos.com/forum/75-show-your-last-received-steelbook-or-special-edition/

You can also use this section to create you own thread as many other members do.

cheers

• Like 2