IGNORED

Well known (or not), Film: Year You Were Born

Grendel

Well known (or not) Film: The Year You Were Born

So, as the title suggests, I'd be curious to see where this goes with the fun folk.

Pretty simple rules with a twist for fun;

- Film must be something other people had a chance to see (aka: pretty well known)

- Film must have been released for public viewing the year you were born

- You must have seen the film at some time in your life, on tv, dvd or vhs is fine  (so no dice tossing on IMDB folks, though you can use IMDB for research of course)

- and last

- DO NOT TELL US WHAT YEAR.

Why? 'Cause we gotta guess (and c'mon folks, guess, don't look it up, being wrong is part of the fun)

You can make a post at anytime and list your guesses but lets wait until we have at least 10 so it doesn't turn out to be just a copy paste of previous lists, heh.

Or, just type your guesses in your own post.

The person with the most correct guesses will get, well, I'll get back to ya on that...🤡

Pic Help:

A little bonus I discovered that actually made me think of this, is from the IMDB web-site movie listings, when you type in a film title and select it,

often you will get a selection of old movie posters thumbnailed, including some of similar films. These thumbnails can be copy/pasted into your Post, here.

No need, but it looks cool, I'll demonstrate with mine.

note: don't let the year of the pic appear in the poster folks!

Have Fun Folks:   🙂

(oh, if ya drop by, tell others in your respective language room please)

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Not quite 😂 but close

I amended my answer (no cheating) 

I remembered Dances With Wolves came out the same year as Goodfellas (my favorite movie ever) and inexplicably took best picture Oscar.

Next year Silence Of The Lambs became only the third movie in history to have won Oscars in all 5 major categories (movie, director, actor, actress, screenplay).

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Hmm since I got the 40th anniversary edition last year 1979?

@Trianna

Wasn't the 40th anniversary for the first movie Alien, I was born the year the sequel came out ALIENS.

Also a side note I was watching both on my birthday. That was some good television!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Trianna

Wasn't the 40th anniversary for the first movie Alien, I was born the year the sequel came out ALIENS.

Also a side note I was watching both on my birthday. That was some good television!

Ah damn got it mixed up 😂 

@extantsrevenge stop being so secretive! Post something you coward!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2