IGNORED

A 2nd hobby to blow all my money

Ytrerio

Hello fellow Cinephiles,

I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get to my introduction, mostly because any free time I have left outside of work and life is spent hunting down all premium editions of movies that I have seen over the course of my life and left an impression on me, shout out to @Scary Hair and @Masterblaster for helping out in that area. I guess this was inevitable since a buddy of mine recently started an acoustic panel company and used my media room as one of his test sites back in July last year, I then finally decided to upgrade my home theater at the end of December to a 5.1.4 setup and after that I knew I had to make a huge investment into physical media to make the most out of my new entertainment center. I proceeded to get a UB9000 a couple months ago and since then have spent an embarassing amount $ on premium editions of my favorite movies where if my wife found out I would definitely be dead haha, I discovered Media Psychos and Hamton Ducks Nargles halfway through January and after reading through forums on both sites my gut told me to go with Media Psychos so here I am.

I majored in game design and up until this point in my life all my extra $s have been going towards premium editions of video games and video game consoles, I never pictured myself as one of those people that would be collecting physical media of motion pictures as I believed streaming was the future but here I am. Glad I joined at a time when the UHD Club DP series is taking off as every single announced edition has been a movie I enjoyed in the past, I've already bought a silver membership and am hoping to upgrade to higher tiers when those open up in the future. Looking forward to contributing to this site and partaking in tons of GBs :D

Happy Dance GIF

A few movies that are definitely at the top of my list are The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Prisoners, Old Boy, JFK and Shindler's List.

I see@Veum posting pictures of his daily mails and recent purchases on a regular basis and I keep telling myself that I will participate but I never do, maybe I'll start tomorrow :P 

Also thank you @Hollywood E Rock for information and advice on GBs!

But for now here are pictures of my humble collection at it's current stage:

IMG-7487.thumb.jpg.7239b326fbe2d0716e4151cfeedcbd75.jpg   IMG-7488.thumb.jpg.ffd3e0e7d16189d204d977e62196deb0.jpg

IMG-7489.thumb.jpg.c23fe68850b63bf197eb91ca9976b31f.jpg   IMG-7490.thumb.jpg.7290565dff77b06353c4e3144d137627.jpg

Cheers,

Ytrerio

Edited by Ytrerio
Forgot to credit an individual.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Awards

Hey @Ytrerio

Good to see you had a chance to introduce yourself, & your collection is off to a great start. You already know if you need anything there is a bunch of us who are happy to help wherever we can. Also when you have the free time know that you are always welcome to join in & give your prospective on any of the existing thread topics.

Take Care & HAPpY Collecting 

Edward 

• Like 2

Howdy @Ytrerio I’m so glad you found us here at MP, Welcome my friend!😊

I hope your stay here will be a fun and enjoyable one for you!! 😉

I’m who is referred to as the “consigliere” on MP as I enjoy communicating with all the peeps and I’m the Ol’ American guy lol!😄

al pacino GIF  old statler and waldorf GIF

Hold fast to your wallet as your money will be spent quite a lot lol!😜

No Money Confused Travolta GIF

If you ever need any help just tag a Head Psycho, Staff or one of us Guardians like this @Veum (make sure you use the @ plus the members name you want and make sure you use the @ w/the BLUE as it gets our attention!). 😁

Here is the Group buy for “Inception” that I thought you might enjoy GB : [ OPEN ] Inception (UHD CLUB DP #05) (4K + Bonus Disc Lenticular Hardbox Digipak) [China]😋

regards your new friend Veum 🤠

image.jpeg.fda0cd14b2905fc82e4068409c6cfff6.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Pup Flirting GIF by moodman @Ytrerio  IT IS A PLEASURE to have helped in some small way . 

AS I say one thing to remember is that WE were all new here once . 

IT IS not size that matters I KNOW WHAT YOU LOT are thinking and NO I DO NOT mean THAT 🤓 .

What matters with ANY Collection is the LOVE . From what I can see in your picture it has THAT SIR IN ABUNDANCE Excited Mary Wilson GIF by Dancing with the Stars.

PLEASE Pull up a chair and MAKE YOUR SELF AT HOME HERE welcome mouse GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Ytrerio

Welcome to MP and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Like you, I am relatively new to Premium collecting and it is by pure coincidence that I became aware of MP’s existence. I soon found out, as you probably already have, that this is not a community like any other. This is a family where everyone is ready to help and advise in all matters related to our hobby (and beyond 😊)

Looking forward to seeing you in the different threads.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2020 at 6:21 AM, Veum said:

Here is the Group buy for “Inception” that I thought you might enjoy GB : [ OPEN ] Inception (UHD CLUB DP #05) (4K + Bonus Disc Lenticular Hardbox Digipak) [China]😋

Thanks for the heads up, I jumped on this a few weeks back, along with all UHD Club DP editions that are currently open for GBs lol, @Scary Hair was also kind enough to let me know that a deposit is due so I have shot that over to Masterblaster as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards